PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #3 [Look out for that tree!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 56789··· 161718

Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Hm... one issue i have is the assumption that the massclicking rewards needs to be equal to the party clicking rewards (in forms of ip/credits/eggcycle rewards) but i dont think that is the purpose of the party clicking system. I dont think it was even intended to be a "choose one or the other but not both" kind of system. Or that one should be equal to the other. before this update i actively enjoyed both forms of clicking. But i never party clicked because i expected ip or credits. I party clicked because in my head each party i clicked was a possible 100+ exp for my eggs via clickbacks. And its fair to assume that the time it takes to click one party is about the same amount of time it takes to mass click one otr maybe two fields (each being worth 40exp each on normal days) so id only need to click a max 6 pokemon for a reward that is the equivalent of clicking almost three fields. And that to me is more worth my time than straining my hands massclicking The idea of making party clicking more accessible and easy as well as lowering lag times is all very fair (to be honest i had more lag in fields yesterday than i did in parties haha) but i do not think party clicking needs to reward currency and ip like massclicking does because they just... clearly aren't designed to be the same as eachother
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
JollyGreninja's AvatarJollyGreninja
[Question] If pokemon are going to be petted, instead of feed with a berry, how would interacting with pokemon in a field work?

QUOTE originally posted by JollyGreninja

[Question] If pokemon are going to be petted, instead of feed with a berry, how would interacting with pokemon in a field work?
I would imagine much the same way, without the added step of selecting a berry. Though I could be wrong and the berry selection part would be replaced with the pet the Pokemon thing. Those would be the two things I can think of regarding field clicking

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
CorvinNoikrow's AvatarCorvinNoikrow

QUOTE originally posted by AuracleOfBacon

I would imagine much the same way, without the added step of selecting a berry. Though I could be wrong and the berry selection part would be replaced with the pet the Pokemon thing. Those would be the two things I can think of regarding field clicking
It probably would still have the extra step I'd imagine, so you can still click on Pokemon to check out their summaries without the game thinking you're trying to pet them and yeeting them out of existence once you click on them. [Question] With the fact that berries are replaced by petting in the new game, though, how will the keybindings work in the new game? Would it still be 1-5 despite there being no berries, or would there be a different button you'd press for keyboard-clicking?
Image is from the 2020 advent calendar They/them (preferred) or he/him pronouns.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by JollyGreninja

That's a "new game" feature, not a PFQ feature. PFQ will continue to have berries.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Hakano Riku's AvatarHakano Riku
I think this will be my last bit of input on all this, but uhm..I really wish people would realize that change takes time ^^; Niet needs to give this update a chance before just doing away with it because users don't like it..Mainly the more outspoken users anyway. Perhaps other people don't like it, but there's about 10,000 users and only a handful are actually complaining about it here..? Let the update have a chance now that it's in place, let Niet get some more data, and if it really is still bad after giving it some time I don't see why he wouldn't revert it and attempt other potentially better suggestions or ideas..Patience is a virtue ;w;' If anyone has any suggestions on any changes or fixes, go make a suggestion in the suggestions forum and gather support, a solid list of pros and cons and perhaps it'll be accepted and added to the game. Many have been accepted and are going to be added in due time now <3 (Put as much effort into making a suggestion as you're expecting Niet to put into coding it..It's a two way thing ^^) Drastic changes just to suit user convenience is a bit much in my opinion though, but I'll leave that at that so I don't go into a big long spiel about my opinions on the matter (those're usually so long that lots of people glance over them anyway so) TwT
Avatar of Dian Rubens from Spice & Wolf
Type Race Score: 0
Type Race Clicklist: HERE
QueenDM's AvatarQueenDM
[question] Well, more than one actually (and sorry if these have been asked and/or answered already, ~7 pages of thread is a bit too much to read) 1. Will we be getting a higher tier of shelter pass, or have current shelter passes allow us to get more eggs, to keep up with the increased number of eggs being hatched? 2. In the same vein, will we be allowed to adopt more eggs from the daycare without needing passes now that this change is in effect? 3. Party clicking, even with keyboard shortcuts, is still more intensive for the site and worse for users who have any kind of hand or wrist problems, among other things. What, if anything, are you intending to do to remedy this to even things out so that the site doesn't lag too hard with many user profiles being loaded and people with these problems who were able to get the timer before can do so with the same ease as before without using CSS?
xXShadeXx's AvatarxXShadeXx
That's funny as me and GalaxyCat were just talking about that. If this change to the egg timer is promoting as much egg hatches and such as you say, will we be getting an increase in shelter adopts/daycare adopts to reflect on that? Obviously an answer is just, buy more DC passes. But if it's fluctuating as you say it is, that's gonna be a problem for a lot of people to try and really keep up with the rate of hatching. Specially if they aren't drowning in currency.
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
Funny enough is that I thought about making a suggestion about just that. But I wanted to wait at least one week to gather more info on weither or not it was worth it. My idea was to either put more adoptions in Shelter Pass B to ★ (Not C since they are mean to make you try the shelter and pass mecanism) or add a shelter pass ★★ in which we have 150 to 200 adoptions. But again, I wanted to gather more info before doing that xD And maybe open a discussion thread to get even more data before setting any increase on passes.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

Funny enough is that I thought about making a suggestion about just that. But I wanted to wait at least one week to gather more info on weither or not it was worth it. My idea was to either put more adoptions in Shelter Pass B to ★ (Not C since they are mean to make you try the shelter and pass mecanism) or add a shelter pass ★★ in which we have 150 to 200 adoptions. But again, I wanted to gather more info before doing that xD And maybe open a discussion thread to get even more data before setting any increase on passes.
Personally I would love if you made a discussion thread and did a poll or two about the situation. I would prefer if adopts were boosted for all shelter passes, not just a new shelter pass. C is obviously not included, as you said.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle

Pages: 123··· 56789··· 161718

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page