PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #3 [Look out for that tree!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 1234··· 161718

UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

I'm admittedly confused as to where you got that - because it's decidedly wrong. I stated that as one of the *issues* of it, not a fix to it. The ISSUE is you can do 1.5k and you're done - that's why I also stated that we're going to be looking at other things to make Party Clicking more worth it in the long run and that we just want to get this right first before we move on. I'm just addressing this here because it's already been addressed and the question posed is based on incorrect information.
I reread the dev log update, and I don't see anywhere where it says this is an issue. Especially in the case of the exp share, where it's used to justify not fixing the issue. Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but it sounds like the issues with party clicking were ignored because of field clicking being an option.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Anabear64's AvatarAnabear64

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

...as it is now, the "increased number of eggs hatched" from this change falls off pretty quickly after reset, since as you said, no reason to party click after the 1.5k....
I thought this too at first, but i thought about it and.. tho people in general arent as active other times of the day, there r different people getting on at different times, and a good portion of people (myself included) dont do all the party clicks in one sitting like that.. so yea theres less party clicks later in the day but u still get a decent amount.. I've personally noticed my eggs hatch really fast most of the day, not just at reset which is great :D
  • Please Click!!!
  • My Shop!
Lv. 65 — 5,511 / 12,871
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Dark
Happiness 98%
Docile nature
Much love, have a good day 😊💜

Right now it's 1.5k party clicks if you want to charge the Egg Timer and then you can go back to Mass Clicking if you should wish to do so. Both are now useful instead of just mass-clicking. Both are still not equal. Once you've charged the egg timer ( presuming that is what you wish you do ), the primary benefits are really only found in Mass Clicking. So for the most part, Mass Clicking *still* wins out where at least now party clicking has *some* reason to be done. Even if that reason is fleeting because once 1.5k party clicks is accomplished, you may as well move on. It's an argument I've seen made several times now and I've tried to look for the credence to it... It's just wrong. It's not imbalanced now and I challenge you to prove me wrong based on the number of things you get from mass clicking vs the things you get from party clicking. Compare the two. Mass clicking is, hands down, the better option. Party clicking has the Egg Timer going for it and that's pretty much it right now. Hopefully the idea we have for the Multi-Click function will make party clicking less problematic - and we're going to look to make party clicking worth it in the long run as well, but that's an update for another day. We've got to get this right first.
This further emphasises that I shouldn't say things in threads and should only provide input in the Q&A's despite being pushed in the last thread to reply. x:
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Anabear64

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

...as it is now, the "increased number of eggs hatched" from this change falls off pretty quickly after reset, since as you said, no reason to party click after the 1.5k....
I thought this too at first, but i thought about it and.. tho people in general arent as active other times of the day, there r different people getting on at different times, and a good portion of people (myself included) dont do all the party clicks in one sitting like that.. so yea theres less party clicks later in the day but u still get a decent amount.. I've personally noticed my eggs hatch really fast most of the day, not just at reset which is great :D
This is important, yes. We get roughly 5,000 users online during the entire day. But only 800 or so are online at Reset. While there's definitely "quieter" times, there's never a time where nobody is making party clicks.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

Right now it's 1.5k party clicks if you want to charge the Egg Timer and then you can go back to Mass Clicking if you should wish to do so. Both are now useful instead of just mass-clicking. Both are still not equal. Once you've charged the egg timer ( presuming that is what you wish you do ), the primary benefits are really only found in Mass Clicking. So for the most part, Mass Clicking *still* wins out where at least now party clicking has *some* reason to be done. Even if that reason is fleeting because once 1.5k party clicks is accomplished, you may as well move on. It's an argument I've seen made several times now and I've tried to look for the credence to it... It's just wrong. It's not imbalanced now and I challenge you to prove me wrong based on the number of things you get from mass clicking vs the things you get from party clicking. Compare the two. Mass clicking is, hands down, the better option. Party clicking has the Egg Timer going for it and that's pretty much it right now. Hopefully the idea we have for the Multi-Click function will make party clicking less problematic - and we're going to look to make party clicking worth it in the long run as well, but that's an update for another day. We've got to get this right first.
This further emphasises that I shouldn't say things in threads and should only provide input in the Q&A's despite being pushed in the last thread to reply. x:
I honestly have no idea what side you're taking with that. First you say they aren't equal, then you say that's wrong and they are, then you say they aren't again. That's what's confusing me.
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Before I get to that, I do have a quick point to make: Level 9: 1,000 interactions = 2,400 EXP/hour Level 10: 1,500 interactions = 2,640 EXP/hour That's a 50% increase in Party clicks, for only a 10% increase in reward. I dunno about you, but personally I just get to Level 9 and then leave it at that. Level 10 isn't worth it to me, but that's just, like, my opinion, man.
Answer: In my case, because it look nicer and it dont feel like a job half done. But yea, it make me thought about the super repel vs the max repel (it's from the game for the one who dont Play) one make sure pokémon don't appear for 200 steps the second one for 250. Not a big change and the max repel cost 200pokedollard more. But people still buy it. Oh and dont quote chain please. At least take the time to only keep the part you're responding into.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Sorry, but no I didn't. I said they're both *useful* at first, which is true. Party clicking now has more behind it than before. It helps. It is not equal. Again. Useful - not equal. Then I did directly state that it isn't equal and explained why. I should've said it's not *as* imbalanced following on from that, admittedly, but that's really splitting hairs. With the context of the post, I feel that it's fairly evident that I don't believe we're done here (meaning after the focus on this specific area) and that more does need to be done to make both as appealing as one another for various reasons. I hope that helps in the understanding of what I meant!
Zerø's AvatarZerø
[question] So, the shelved reboot did away with feeding berries to Pokemon and instead just petting them. Would it be feasible to overhaul feeding berries to Pokemon in favour of just a basic interaction? I understand there's aesthetic value to feeding a Pokemon a berry it likes, but that's just the thing. In most cases, why wouldn't you feed a Pokemon the berry it likes? It makes having the disliked berry, alongside the other berries, a tad redundant. Neutral nature Pokemon miss out on bonus exp because of this system but having every interaction be the same would remedy this. I'm aware this likely counts as a suggestion too. But I figure this idea may have been considered before, given that it was implemented in the reboot. If that makes sense? It'd be a big change and that alone could be reason why, too many systems and layouts that make use of the current interaction method. But I didn't want to talk myself out of not asking the question, even if it turns out to be redundant.
  • Featured PKMN
  • Site Events
  • Links etc.
Lv. 52 — 422 / 8,269
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFlying
Happiness 27%
Hasty nature
0 x 5 × 2985 Current Chain: 1/318
Artwork made by Cabbaccino.
Check out my trade Shop, I'm buying Shiny Pokémon for my Shiny Living dex! My first field has free Pokémon, just drop me a PM with who you want!
Since I'm on pc now, I'll elaborate better on my confusion with the egg timer change. As far as I know, the purpose of the change was to promote and give a reason to party click. As was mentioned, the goal of pfq is working together to hatch eggs, not independently. This is a perfectly reasonable goal, and one I'd support. What confuses me, though, is how much the most recent Dev Log update seems to give every reason why I shouldn't party click. First, Garth gives a bunch of reasons why field clicking is better than party clicking, and suggests there's more. These are the issues we have currently, and the whole reason field clicking is much more popular than party clicking. Second, Garth confirmed nothing would be done about the Exp Share in relation to party clicks to give incentive to them over field clicks. With the explaination given for this, it wouldn't surprise me if the suggested IP and CR boosts were also shot down, completely removing any reason to party click. Third, you might argue that the egg timer is a reason to party click. But as both Garth and Noot said, you can just go back to field clicks after the 1.5k party clicks, meaning the egg timer update is the only, and kind of pointless, reason to party click. As Noot has used to support the egg timer change, eggs now hatch much faster. If that's the case, why would I waste time party clicking when other people are going to hatch my eggs much faster then the timer could? On top of this, Noot himself states maxing the egg timer isn't worth it. So while trying to promote party clicking, he shoots himself in the foot and says it's not woth getting to lv10, so we should just quit after lv9, which lowers the amount of daily party clicks by 50%, further hurting any motivation to party click. But in contradiction to what Noot said about party clicking effects not dropping as time passes, as someone who's eggs hatch slower and slower as the day passes, I will confirm this is true. I have felt almost no justifiable increase in hatching speed after the first few hours of the day. All in all, I get the motivation behind the change, but, at least to me, it feels like nothing is being done to fix the issues with party clicks, and in my opinion, it seems like this idea is being sabotaged from what I've read in the recent Dev Log.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I'll make this simple. It was complained that "now there's no point to Field clicking". We provided reasons why Field clicking is still completely valid. That is all.

Pages: 1234··· 161718

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page