PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #3 [Look out for that tree!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123456··· 161718

UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
Noot mentioned 1-5 key clicking in parties, but it's still the old, "must move mouse after every click" system and not what field clicks have, so I think it's kind of misleading to say party clicking has this feature, when it's a very broken version of something used fine elsewhere. [Question] Is there any chance this could be fixed?
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
h o r i z o n's Avatarh o r i z o n

QUOTE originally posted by rubedouji

-snip- Or giving clearly site buff biased statistics as proof that things are A OK so the complaints are irrelevant? -snip- I'm as happy as anyone to go through so many eggs, but I think that the main component of the resistance to the update has been overlooked in favour of flashy, distracting statistics- which, again, were influenced by multiple site buffs over the course of the testing -snip-
I would just like to point out that the concern over the stats being biased has been addressed by Garthic already on the first page of this thread in response to Nae questioning the same thing.

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

-snip- And yes, that has been considered. The last Niet day before the update had 40k eggs - that's still considerably less than the 120k we had this time.
Staff is also not saying that everything is perfect. They have openly stated they are looking for ways to improve party clicking for everyone. That's the whole point of dev log discssions.
However, I do agree with the larger sentiment that party clicking needs to be fixed. Both to make it more accessible to disabled users and less time consuming overall. Part of the reason why people favor mass clicking over party clicking is because mass clicking is frankly easier to do. Fields also load faster and it's much easier to spam click in fields (especially with autoclick css). The real drag down for me when it comes to party clicking at least, even with css condensing the party into a button stack, is just how long it takes for parties to load. Also. For the record. The hover and number spam method in parties... Doesn't work on my laptop. My mouse never lets me move to the next box until the interaction is completed. So... It isn't really a one size fits all solution to one of the big down sides of party clicking. That all being said, I do still drastically prefer party clicking and do still love the egg timer update.
kase. male he/him. 25. bg
f2u @hamha.tumblr.com
|code
@is it necessary + @hercules, edits by me
pixel
@gaelson, commission by @canine
|icon
@gezeichnet
sig image
@jurobii
characters are mine
and @canine's
BlankSmile's AvatarBlankSmile
[Question]

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

On a typical day before the update, the number of Eggs hatched site-wide would vary between 20k and 35k - with the higher numbers occurring on Niet days usually. Total interactions made would range from 10M to 15M. -snip- Total interactions didn't change at all. It's still 10M to 15M per day. But Eggs hatched... 100k to 120k. That's three to four times as many Eggs hatched.
I'm curious about these stats that were posted in the Dev Log. Where did those numbers come from? Peachi and I keep track of the bonus counters and the data we have based on Ravyne bonus is not even remotely similar to the numbers that were given in the Dev Log. Stats according to Ravyne day: Feb 5 (Niet) - 80k eggs hatched Feb 6 (Shazi) - 56k eggs hatched Feb 7 (None) - 40k+ eggs hatched (bonus reached)* Feb 9 (None) - 63k eggs hatched Feb 12 (Shazi) - 74k eggs hatched Feb 13 (Niet) - 89k eggs hatched Feb 14 (Sei) - 67k eggs hatched Feb 15 (Garthic,Uzumi,Dusky,Sei) - 70k eggs hatched Feb 16 (None) - 49k eggs hatched Feb 17 (Shazi) - 51k+ eggs hatched (bonus reached)* Feb 19 (None) - 54k eggs hatched Feb 20 (None) - 55k eggs hatched Feb 21 (Niet,Dusky) - 90k eggs hatched Feb 22 (Niet) - 89k eggs hatched Feb 23 (Garthic,Shazi,Sei) - 77k eggs hatched *Note that on days where Ravyne bonus was reached, the number of eggs hatched are more than what's shown From this data we can gather that there's not actually all that much of a change in the number of eggs hatched. I'm sure there may be a bit of an increase, but it's definitely not as much as being said in the Dev Log. This is of course, assuming that Ravyne day is 100% accurate in the number of eggs hatched per day. I believe it should also be considered that when new updates to any game is implemented, users are more likely to participate in an effort to test out said update. This is something that can also skew data as this is often only a temporary increase in activity.
Flapple's AvatarFlapple
Thats awesome that the egg timer update actually caused more eggs to be hatched! I know i had my doubts if there would be an effect in the last thread. I definitely think it was the right choice to make because you can already get more exp by field clicking so it was a little weird there was almost no incentive to party click haha. I found out about the keyboard controls like... a few months ago I think honestly and theyve been the best! One hand on the 1-5 and wasd keys and one tapping the mousepad while watching youtube. Wonderful. Itll be nice to have it out there for everyone! Not much else to say about this update? Im honestly surprised how well this ended up turning out since I was one of those bummed out people at the original update :/
by ruevex
🍎Journal🍎 icon by magsimillion
Porrim's AvatarPorrim
Hello, I would like to throw my 2 cents into the pot, since I am still a little bothered by this nerf. So from what I understand, the egg timer was changed because no one had any incentive to party click, but had all the incentive to mass click. This I understand, and I can 100% see why we would need to do something to get party clicking rolling again. But my being upset stems from this: instead of making the incentive more for party clicking, the staff took something away from mass clicking. While it may have worked to get party clicking up, it really took away from mass clickers, even if you want to keep saying there is still incentive to mass click. Credits and IP are, for me, some of the hardest currency to get on site. I understand why an increase in Cr give out could easily turn into an issue, but I have no idea why the suggestion of an IP increase hasn't been considered especially with the absolutely atrocious way the albino radar is set up now. This would be incentive to party click without taking away from mass clicking, as well as help new users (it took me YEARS to save up for an albino radar). Also, I was going to say that, as BlankSmile has said, we can't really pull statistics out just yet. People are still trying to 'get used to it' like so many others are saying to. People are forcing themselves to use the new feature to get a better read on it. Give it time and those statistics are sure to change, but it could go in any direction from here. I know that I'm biased when I say these things, because mass clicking is the only thing I feel comfortable with, I just hate that the site took away one of the only things that I really felt comfortable in on here. I actually left the site for a long while due to school, and when I checked back in and saw the egg timer, I was like 'oh sick, incentive to actually come back!' That was literally all it took, a cool new mechanic. But to have that taken and turned into something that I, personally, cannot use, just makes me sad. TLDR; Don't take away from mass clicking to give something to party clicking, add new incentives or you're going to lose out on your mass clickers in the end. That being said, though, if this is what we are stuck with, then; [question] Would it be possible, since most people's issues stem from load times and moving, to just simplify the 'open 10'/clickback screens? If the coding is possible, I'm sure that specifically on those screens, removing or somehow simplifying the 'profile' aspects of the pages would speed things up. Remove, shrink, hide, etc. the trainer card, about me, and the avatar? I know it defeats the purpose of those things in the first place, but if people are only shooting through to get their egg timer up, they aren't going to be reading them anyway. Hopefully I put my thoughts together correctly, I've been up since early this morning so I'm still not fully awake.
Memento Mori.
Flapple's AvatarFlapple
I don’t think that much was taken from mass clicking because the EXP share is still a thing. It kind of just balanced it out because having egg timer and exp share both for mass clicking when party clicks had nothing IS a bit too much but I totally understand where the frustration comes from. I definitely agree and second a possible layout change though at least just for clickback lists. Maybe even a vip shortened click list? That way its just for the lists, and profiles would still look the same when visited otherwise and make it easier for people to party click others back.
flybynyx's Avatarflybynyx

QUOTE originally posted by thë räptürë

Fields also load faster and it's much easier to spam click in fields (especially with autoclick css). The real drag down for me when it comes to party clicking at least, even with css condensing the party into a button stack, is just how long it takes for parties to load. ... That all being said, I do still drastically prefer party clicking and do still love the egg timer update.
I, too, actually love the egg-timer update, even though I was very leary of it initially. [question] Is addressing the lag issue still being addressed or will it be addressed further? [/question] Side note: Mass Click weekends, especially, make it extremely difficult for me to even play the game due to lag, and that same lag is a major hindrance to accumulating more clicks, whether party or field variety. This lag has existed on all three of my devices and whether I used my custom skins or the vanilla official default skin. Final note: It should not be alarming that folks are so freaked out about the new changes. It appears to be due to the way our brains are wired. If you are curious as to why (mental fallacies), here is a very enlightening piece (in my view) on the subject, for what it's worth: 5 Common Mental Errors That Sway You From Making Good Decisions. Loss aversion and confirmation bias, in particular, seem to be a major reason for our panic. Please: Don't Panic! (LOL) Let's try to be kind to our developers and teammates alike. We are only human.
On Aug 3 2018 11:27 AM CDT per TeeTurtle.com Permission granted to use avatar image ●○ 𓆛 Go Fish! ○●
Porrim's AvatarPorrim

QUOTE originally posted by Flapple

I don’t think that much was taken from mass clicking because the EXP share is still a thing. It kind of just balanced it out because having egg timer and exp share both for mass clicking when party clicks had nothing IS a bit too much but I totally understand where the frustration comes from.
See, that's the thing, though. As many people have stated, not everyone has the exp share, especially beginners, but everyone has the egg timer. I'm not trying to be rude, just saying that if you're starting out, you should be allowed to charge the egg timer in a way more comfortable to you.
Yahan's AvatarYahan

QUOTE originally posted by flybynyx

Final note: It should not be alarming that folks are so freaked out about the new changes. It appears to be due to the way our brains are wired. If you are curious as to why (mental fallacies), here is a very enlightening piece (in my view) on the subject, for what it's worth: 5 Common Mental Errors That Sway You From Making Good Decisions. Loss aversion and confirmation bias, in particular, seem to be a major reason for our panic. Please: Don't Panic! (LOL) Let's try to be kind to our developers and teammates alike. We are only human.
As a psychology major about to graduate with my degree in May, and as a human who believes at the end of the day we’re all just trying to do our best and we should be generally gentler with each other as a result, I appreciate this xD Ooh boy. That run-on :P Back on topic though: [question] Do the stuff in brackets after each DLD title mean something? I have a feeling not, ‘cause something probably would’ve been mentioned if it did. But hey, you never know right? XD
I use tone tags! Ones I tend to use the most are /gen
genuine
, /nf
not forced
,/nm
not mad
, /lh
light hearted
, /npa
not passive aggressive
, /pos
positive
, /neu
neutral
, /s
sarcastic
. (Hover over for meanings~)
Credits: Avatar
made by Anna-Ravenrock
|| Signature
my design. Luvdisc is one of my Pokemon OCs adapted from an official Luvdisc sprite, girl and the quote are both from Erin Entrada Kelly's novel You Go First
Matamoja's AvatarMatamoja

QUOTE originally posted by Yay

[question] Do the stuff in brackets after each DLD title mean something? I have a feeling not, ‘cause something probably would’ve been mentioned if it did. But hey, you never know right? XD
I think they might be music references. Correct me if I'm wrong though.
Michael • They/Them ShopBait Shop
Sprite made by me

Pages: 123456··· 161718

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page