PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #3 [Look out for that tree!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 12345··· 161718

Tikru97's AvatarTikru97

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

As Noot has used to support the egg timer change, eggs now hatch much faster. If that's the case, why would I waste time party clicking when other people are going to hatch my eggs much faster then the timer could?
That is the most entitled thing I've heard in awhile. How serious are you with that statement? It's almost like a person saying that they don't need to breed eggs for their hunt, because everyone else are breeding for them. You think party clicking is a waste of time, but to me it's either helping someone hatch eggs/evolving pokemons or returning the favour.
rubedouji's Avatarrubedouji
I feel like this update sort of overlooked the root issues with why people reacted how they did to the egg timer change. The increased egg hatching rates are nice but they come at the expense of a widespread physical discomfort. Party clicking is tedious and causes wrist problems even while using the CSS to "fix" the problem, and even if you use the keyboard inputs so that both hands are operating as you party click. As someone with a physical disability, even field clicks are rough for me, but the stretch of party clicks to get to level 10 is just... a lot. To take full advantage of the egg timer, it makes the most sense to charge it immediately, or at least the majority of it. Even a casual user likely makes this part of their routine... especially users who can't yet rely on other tools the site can provide. I don't think that "then just don't do it" or "take your time" is a valid retort to repeated requests for ease of access. I think some of the types of behaviours the mechanics of this website are breeding needs more consideration than what looks prettiest? Plus, you're trying to say that the only reason I and many other users have been coping with this issue is unnecessary in the first place... so you're just not going to do anything except complain that the user-made half solutions are ugly? Or giving clearly site buff biased statistics as proof that things are A OK so the complaints are irrelevant? Or that on another version of this website, the CSS wasn't necessary? I'm sort of confused as to who this devlog was supposed to be for. I'm as happy as anyone to go through so many eggs, but I think that the main component of the resistance to the update has been overlooked in favour of flashy, distracting statistics- which, again, were influenced by multiple site buffs over the course of the testing Though, FMPOV, the main issue with party clicking in relation to the egg timer is just that the amount itself is just way too much comparable to the issues. Especially if you're going to argue that the payout isn't even worth your userbase's time. No one needed a list of reasons that field clicking was still viable for other purposes, we needed ways to make the actual root of the problem feel less awful.
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I'll make this simple. It was complained that "now there's no point to Field clicking". We provided reasons why Field clicking is still completely valid.
For the majority, we know field clicking is not only still valid, but almost really the only good option. Since right clicking was added, which only buffs field clicking, and stating that the only benefit, so far, for party clicking, the egg timer, isn't even worth maxing. I think, at least for me, the issue is we'd rather have reasons or buffs to party clicking that even starts to close the gap between it and field clicking, especially since the most recent Dev Log, from my POV, has unending praises, especially from Garth's "I could think of more reasons if I tried harder," for field clicking. [Question] There was lots of support for changes such as IP/CR increases, breeding rate increases, or lowered numbers for the egg timer to give incentive to party clicking. Only the Exp Share suggestion was responded too, and it seems to only undermine party clicking. Would be able to get responses to the rest of these suggestions? @Tikru97 Entitled or not, it's a perfectly valid question. Currently, other than charging the egg timer, which Noot has said isn't worth an entire 1/3rd of the clicks needed, and helping others, there's no point to it. As Garth and Noot have pointed out, field clicking gives more IP, more CR, and more eggs. For someone whose hunt relies heavy on the extra breeding I'd get from field clicking (If you have hunted Unown or anything else with low breeding rates, you'd understand), and who needs the extra IP, there isn't any justification for giving up on those needs only to help others hatch, especially since it will and has hurt my own hunt, from not being able to party click fast enough to breed enough eggs to continue hunting. You can have you're own opinion on the matter, but this is my opinion on the topic, from someone who is not only hunting a low breeding rate Pokemon, but also one who has to share the Shelter with 27 other, chain-breaking, forms, and I'm sure there's many others, as they have already said so, that would agree with me that party clicks aren't worth it right now. Edit: Once we get updates that give incentive to party click and/or equalizes the two clicking methods, then I'll be perfectly fine revisiting my opinion. But until then, these are my thoughts.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

On top of this, Noot himself states maxing the egg timer isn't worth it. So while trying to promote party clicking, he shoots himself in the foot and says it's not woth getting to lv10, so we should just quit after lv9, which lowers the amount of daily party clicks by 50%, further hurting any motivation to party click.
To be accurate not making it to level 10 but doing level 9 actually lowers party clicks by 33.3% which is less than 50% . And if people are courteous enough to click back getting 500 party interactions afte you make your 1000 isnt thaat much of a stretch (about 75 users tops). Plus im sure a decent amount of users actually achirve level 10 so assuming thag basically eveyone will stop at level 9 is a strange assumption. id say more people will get 10 rather than stop at level 9 Also i just want to mention something detached from this quote. Just something important to note. The exp egg timer has been nerfed before. The reason of which was that it encouraged passive playing (niet can correct me if im wrong but i remember that being the main reason that and people hating seeing 13 XD) Anyways the reason i bring this up is that this buff or nerf. However you want to look at it, encourages this idea of having people actively play the game to get the reward as opposed to getting it then proceeding to passivly play. I won't waste time talking about how massclicks are mostly wasted and only benefit the clicker. But anyways ive always percieved the egg timer as a reward for being active and contributing to the sites activity. and party clicking is definitely the most direct way of doing that as now it benefits two people as opposed to one. also Tikru really hit the nail on the head with their last post haha Ah while im on the subject there is something i dont remember being discussed yet. This egg timer buff helps people in the early game. New players dont have exp shares. Theybrely solely on party clicks to hatch eggs. Prior to this update new players would click users and hope for a clickback. but with this update that is now completely encouraged. New users dont need to mass click. They can party click and get their bonus timer. Because mass clicking without the exp share is really a wasted effort
Icon by me!
VyrusVoyd's AvatarVyrusVoyd
I just hope something can be done for people with wrist/hand problems. Its really my only complaint now. My eggs hatch faster, which is cool, but the pain just isn't. Otherwise, I have not much to complain- and if I did, I'm almost cartain someone has said it already. :p
Sanae Kochiya's AvatarSanae Kochiya
as a person who have wrist problems, i have noticed that since the egg timer update, it certainly have made it harder on my regard. none the less, i do think the egg timer needed the overhaul. as previous mentioned, the egg timer used to be nerfed, but it was for that reason stated. now even with my wrist pains, i know this online video game, is not meant to be played for me. still.. i come back and enjoy it, with the help of many community members who have supported me, and given me tools to combat the pain. you may call it painkillers, what i talk about is CSS. as stated in dev logs, they are not meant to be anything but a game changer, for those who look into it. it helped me, decreasing the pain, especially moving mouse alot, was my main issue. now back to the game not being my target group. this is a clicking game, and i know fully well, that clicking for me = pain. will i go through that pain to play this? absolutely yes! should i play this? thats up to the eye of the beholder really. but the case still stands, the target group for this game, certainly is for users who can click, without too many problems. i dont for the most understand the: "we all who have problems, have the same issue". for me it is more a mentality thing. if you got the motivation and idea to go through this, surely it will be rewarding. i mean, it has a great community, alot of goodies, for those who cant afford games for the most. and its pokemon, what not to love? what i am trying to say is.... even with my "disability" i still dont think the egg timer is a bad thing, that it changed. like i said earlier mentality is all about it. and for me it's "i'll get used to it" and sure as heck i am. i mean it IS rewarding, more eggs to hatch? yes thank you. if anything i am grateful for this update, and i am more thna happy it happened, regardless of my pain. so...... don't get down, i am sure you will get used to it too <3 (this was an attempt to motivates others who share the same pain, to give it a try).
profile picture made by the lovely Terabbit~ Albino colors belong to pfq~
xXShadeXx's AvatarxXShadeXx
As someone with wrist problems, and have been trying this new egg timer...still hate it. Still causes me a lot of issues, but more than likely, just gonna have to get used to it as it does what it does. Helps people hatch more eggs, which is great for them. I can't say I've ever had any issues hatching my eggs. Even without rus, I always max out my adopts and then just leave it idle in the background if I don't have DC passes to spare cuz mass field clicking gets the job done for me...and causes less problems. But I know that's not the case for everyone, specially those who aren't as active and newer players. As many have stated, it'd be disliked less if party clicking wasn't a mess, but at this point, this is just a broken record. So just have to see what other updates will be made to it.
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
I had a whole thing typed up, but I'm tired of saying the same things repeatedly. Party and field clicking aren't equal, so party clicking needs some kind of buff/incentive to make it equal, or at least closer to equal. Some of the arguments for the system being fine now are just grasping at straws to try and support the flawed system. Something needs to be done, and the way that Noot and Garth can so easily show that field clicking is massively better than party clicking shows that. That's all I'll say about it. It needs fixing, and I'll stand by my points until it's fixed. Nerfing one system to try to fix another isn't fixing either.
VyrusVoyd's AvatarVyrusVoyd
Well, I enjoy field clicking. Its alot less pain. Sadly that doesn't count towards the egg-timer anymore, hence I said a while back I would like it if it did at least count, even if its less. I want to enjoy this game the way it is without using CSS. Its a pleasing game to look at- given my visual handicap. CSS (and coding in generall) just looks like alot of jumbled together blotches, so I avoid them at all costs to save myself eyestrain.
I edited my post, but it's a few pages back so I just want to highlight it here - I made a suggestion thread about adding some additional keyboard shortcuts to the multiusers page that I think would be helpful while party clicking and hopefully would lessen or help prevent wrist strain

Pages: 12345··· 161718

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page