PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in DLD #3 [Look out for that tree!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion > DLD #3 [Look out for that tree!] >

rubedouji's Avatarrubedouji
elite.png
I feel like this update sort of overlooked the root issues with why people reacted how they did to the egg timer change. The increased egg hatching rates are nice but they come at the expense of a widespread physical discomfort. Party clicking is tedious and causes wrist problems even while using the CSS to "fix" the problem, and even if you use the keyboard inputs so that both hands are operating as you party click. As someone with a physical disability, even field clicks are rough for me, but the stretch of party clicks to get to level 10 is just... a lot. To take full advantage of the egg timer, it makes the most sense to charge it immediately, or at least the majority of it. Even a casual user likely makes this part of their routine... especially users who can't yet rely on other tools the site can provide. I don't think that "then just don't do it" or "take your time" is a valid retort to repeated requests for ease of access. I think some of the types of behaviours the mechanics of this website are breeding needs more consideration than what looks prettiest? Plus, you're trying to say that the only reason I and many other users have been coping with this issue is unnecessary in the first place... so you're just not going to do anything except complain that the user-made half solutions are ugly? Or giving clearly site buff biased statistics as proof that things are A OK so the complaints are irrelevant? Or that on another version of this website, the CSS wasn't necessary? I'm sort of confused as to who this devlog was supposed to be for. I'm as happy as anyone to go through so many eggs, but I think that the main component of the resistance to the update has been overlooked in favour of flashy, distracting statistics- which, again, were influenced by multiple site buffs over the course of the testing Though, FMPOV, the main issue with party clicking in relation to the egg timer is just that the amount itself is just way too much comparable to the issues. Especially if you're going to argue that the payout isn't even worth your userbase's time. No one needed a list of reasons that field clicking was still viable for other purposes, we needed ways to make the actual root of the problem feel less awful.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page