PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

DLD #3 [Look out for that tree!]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Dev Log Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 7891011··· 161718

Zorovern's AvatarZorovern
Hey this is so much better??? Like I wasn't really expecting much but even with my potato mobile, multi profile clicking seems so much faster now with a lot less lag. There's still a but of scrolling I have to do since my screen is smaller but it's doable for sure. And I was already using css to disable About Mes anyway so no complaits there XD
(avatar credit)
Helioptile fanart drawn by me in the Colors3D 3DS app.
Actual sig coming eventually :p
VyrusVoyd's AvatarVyrusVoyd
Actually, I think removing the About Me section in this Compact view has really sped up load times. Its zero to none qua loading for me. Its really fast now. I'll look again by reset but I have good feelings about it Edit: [Question] Does this work with clicklists used alot during Type Races? I just thought of it. Figured I ask.
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria

QUOTE originally posted by Pilicious

I like the compact view for sure, makes clicking on mobile waaay easier... I don't necessarily agree with removing the about me's from the multi-profile view though, as someone who uses pretty much the multi-profile view exclusively, I do like to read the about me's fairly often, with their removal, unless I go out of my way to read each person's about me, then I'm gonna be rarely seeing them. And considering they are already at the bottom of people's profiles, I don't see how it really speeds up clicking but by a second of two at the most by just not loading it. I'm going to miss reading others about me's.
A second or two for each party over several hundred is a huge deal. The toggle doesn't seem to be working for me, but theoretically you can just turn it off, if you're on pc. The multilink is mainly for party clicking, so I'd say this is a good update. You can still look in profiles for About Mes, but with the reason I mentioned earlier for the multilinks, I would bet very few people were looking at them in the few seconds they'd be on a specific profile, and probably even less since most people clicking probably had the page in a way that indirectly hide the About Mes anyway. The loading time between parties now seems to be around what fields have, which is obviously still slower than fields (Because of 0-6 Pokemon instead of 0-40), but it's much better than the 1-2 seconds from before.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir

QUOTE originally posted by Zorovern

Hey this is so much better??? Like I wasn't really expecting much but even with my potato mobile, multi profile clicking seems so much faster now with a lot less lag. There's still a but of scrolling I have to do since my screen is smaller but it's doable for sure. And I was already using css to disable About Mes anyway so no complaits there XD
I thoroughly second this motion - as someone who can't use CSS on their phone (cus they access PokeFarm through incognito a lot of the time), this made much more of a difference than I was expecting, I must admit.
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
Foxzebra's AvatarFoxzebra
The new compact mode is working great and I can click faster! But if I do want to change it back to the old one so that maybe I can see the About Me’s, is there going to be a toggle for that? Obviously this update is a plus, but I like looking at the About Me sometimes in mass click lists to check out shops and art and such.
Adorable pfp by Petaya, my good friend!
Made By TLCander10
Edited by BayleafBeeen
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +11,603,221
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fire
Happiness MAX
Modest nature
Flawless Psychic Gem

Flawless Psychic Gem

Gem

(: 0)

A beautiful Psychic Gem that shines radiantly.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +182,710
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness 0%
Docile nature
Deviation's AvatarDeviation
The new update for mobile is great! Because of this I gave party clicking a try and after 15 mins I'm already on lvl 8 egg timer. Thanks niet!
🌈Zoinks!🌈
Oh my goodness do I ever love the multi-profile clicking update!!! I turned off all my CSS to see it, and it's beautiful!! I really appreciate that "click again to view" was added to the pokemon and egg links, dunno how many times I've been clicking and accidentally clicked a name/egg link. Also thank you for hiding the about me and the large trainer image from the multi-click view, my data plan is much happier =)
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
LaveriaDreams's AvatarLaveriaDreams
My fingers and wrist thank you for the update!!! Party clicking on mobile is SO. MUCH. BETTER. Especially since I don't have to scroll through every party. And my data thanks you for the removal of the about mes. Those took FOREVER to load.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Alchemists Fire

Also thank you for hiding the about me and the large trainer image from the multi-click view, my data plan is much happier =)
Just want to make a quick note about this: the entire set of "big trainer" images is 752 files, totalling 6.4MB -- this works out to about 8.5Kb per image on average. They are then cached forever, so you need only download them once the first time you see any particular layer image. Trust me, the trainer images were not hurting your data plan at all. I made very sure of that. Now the content of the About Me on the other hand... let's just say not everyone is as scrupulous about their image compression as us!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
timid's Avatartimid
[question] Is it at all possible to integrate the toggle to mobile as well? The compact update interferes with my CSS in a sort of disconcerting way by jerking you back to the top of the page since the "bottom" of the party is very high up using this CSS, disabling me from even seeing the trainer cards unless I scroll down for each party. And switching skins each time I switch devices is... tedious. If anyone else has a different solution to this problem, though, hit me with it ^^
Napstablook sprite by Toby Fox. Question mark from default pfq icon. Thrown together by me.

Pages: 123··· 7891011··· 161718

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page