PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

General Feedback thread

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 195196197198199··· 206207208

Kazzie's AvatarKazzie

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Just to clarify, since (sorry selocon!) you do have a tendancy to post things as fact without actually knowing... But yes: they are separated from the other menu items because they take you to a separate page to perform their actions, rather than doing so directly. This provides for a more logical structure. Along the lines of "logical structure", Give and Take Item are on the same line since they're so closely related, and "Switch" and "Send to Field" are both movement actions and so are on the same line. This reduces the vertical space needed for the menu - always a good thing!
Sure, it may reduce vertical space, but really, think about it...is there any reason for two options to be on the right side where another option "seeps" in? It just looks plain-out ugly and I don't think people would actually complain that much if the vertical space was extended just a bit more. Or, even better, combine the item buttons and make it "Give/Take Item", and then combine "Switch" and "Send to Field" to make a "Move" button. Seriously, give it some thought. And why organize the buttons based on the fact that some take you to different pages? I can...sort of see what you mean, but how is that a "logical structure"? I have never heard of an organization method similar to that in my entire life, and I ponder why that is...

QUOTE originally posted by Loquaciousky

I ain't Niet, but uh... Pokefarm is and always has been a clicking site. ~6 interactions/second (if I take your "40 interactions/7 seconds" number as accurate, which I am 'cos I don't feel like fact checking right now) is pretty dang good. I'm... honestly not sure how you could get more speed than that without using a clicking bot, which I'm p sure are against the rules anyway.
Not really. I apologize if I'm not allowed to mention this website, but GPX allows me to get 40 "clicks" in less than a second (i say "clicks" because gpx has a hotkey for every berry). That means for every 40 clicks I get on Pokefarm, I can get the same amount on GPX and save a lot of time, which adds up quickly and is infinitely more tolerable as a whole since I'm not using my mouse. Plus, at least with GPX I'm not giving myself carpal tunnel. Pokefarm needs more hotkeys for interacting with Pokemon on peoples' pages, along with quicker usage in general, or some kind of easier method of getting interactions if it's really expecting me to get 750,000 interaction points for an Albino Radar. The system simply isn't fun; it's boring, it's monotonous, and if I feel tired 10 minutes in, it's doing something wrong.
arbor's Avatararbor
the thousands of users who have been active here for 5+ years and continue to play daily would likely say otherwise. ;) it's a little presumptuous of you to claim that the core function of pokefarm- what really makes pokefarm itself- is deeply flawed and boring, when you've been here for approximately one week. maybe take some time to get used to the site before you start criticizing every aspect of it? and to be honest, not every site is for everyone. you may prefer other pokemon sites over pokefarm. but pfq's growing userbase of 100k+ people goes to show that if you don't like it, it's probably due to personal preference, not a flawed system. which is fine- i've played on many sites before that i grew bored of- but i recognized that that was due to my personal game preferences, and not the site itself.
arbor ☼ journal: 574 “The tides are in our veins, we still mirror the stars, life is your child, but there is in me, older and harder than life and more impartial, the eye that watched before there was an ocean.”
credit
Background from freepik.com F2U code by Gumshoe
Alimpson's AvatarAlimpson
Is 'hotkey for every berry' when you press, say, 1 for Sour and 2 for Spicy? If so, Pokefarm has that.
- The Kinaster I hatched during the event. LF: Hunting Unown (or have some UFT, or are willing to hunt some for me)? I need shiny Unown: yz forms, to be exact. I don't care what nature they are. Tell me your price.
Kazzie's AvatarKazzie

QUOTE originally posted by arbor

the thousands of users who have been active here for 5+ years and continue to play daily would likely say otherwise. ;) it's a little presumptuous of you to claim that the core function of pokefarm- what really makes pokefarm itself- is deeply flawed and boring, when you've been here for approximately one week. maybe take some time to get used to the site before you start criticizing every aspect of it? the thousands of users who have been active here for 5+ years and continue to play daily would likely say otherwise. ;) it's a little presumptuous of you to claim that the core function of pokefarm- what really makes pokefarm itself- is deeply flawed and boring, when you've been here for approximately one week. maybe take some time to get used to the site before you start criticizing every aspect of it? and to be honest, not every site is for everyone. you may prefer other pokemon sites over pokefarm. but pfq's growing userbase of 100k+ people goes to show that if you don't like it, it's probably due to personal preference, not a flawed system. which is fine- i've played on many sites before that i grew bored of- but i recognized that that was due to my personal game preferences, and not the site itself.
I'm just here to try and provide my legitimate concerns so that Pokefarm can be improved, and telling me that my complaints are irrelevant because you don't agree with me (and you don't believe anyone else does), and also because I haven't spent much time on Pokefarm, quite frankly, turns me off from even giving feedback. Which is the entire point of this thread, is it not? Keep in mind not literally every single piece of feedback is going to be about a very minor problem, nor is this site perfect or immune to criticism by any means. What I am saying should not be shrugged off simply because of my apparent lack of time and experience spent on this website, considering I am a living example of a new player that has lost interest from the beginning. I'm a person that does get tired of things over time, losing patience ever so slowly as my time spent on it rises, but with that said, I'd say I have a pretty high tolerance and patience when it comes to at least starting things. But the fact that I cannot get into Pokefarm even right out the gates should be saying something. And I can't get used to the site if it genuinely is not fun, which is what's caused me to start pointing out flaws so early on in the first place. I already covered the 100k userbase point before. You should read the last few bits of my last post on the previous page, but if you don't want to, I'll summarize what I said below. 100k users total means little to nothing. I administrate another Pokemon game which is about roleplaying, and in a similar vein, it's had almost a quarter of a million players total. Yet it only gets about 30 people playing it daily, with maybe 40 on a good day. 100k users total is a completely meaningless number when compared to how many of those users even still go on to this day. And sure, 100k might be a growing number, but as for how many of those even cared enough to stick around...that is what I'm talking about.

QUOTE originally posted by Alimpson

Is 'hotkey for every berry' when you press, say, 1 for Sour and 2 for Spicy? If so, Pokefarm has that.
It does, but the method of actually interacting using said berries is a bit more complex and requires more attention than it's really worth, honestly. GPX allows me to open a whole bunch of Pokemon in one single tab, hit one key and be completely done with one interaction, whereas with Pokefarm, I have to hit a key...move the mouse over...spam clicks on a bunch of stacked pokemon...wait for my hand to start hurting...move on to the next field...repeat...switch tabs once I'm done with that person's fields...and repeat. It's a process that could easily be improved and optimized to make it four times as less grating. -------- Since all I've been pointing out were complaints, I'll point out some things I did somewhat like; clicking "Post" updated the page and let me know someone else posted before I did, so that I could make changes to my post without having to actually post it, realize there was a new post, and then edit my post to respond to that post accordingly. It's very small, but welcome. Something else I like is the additions of Albinos and Melans. I personally enjoy collecting rare stuff, and knowing that there are forms of Pokemon rarer than Shinies is rather exciting to me.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Just a quick comment: have you tried dragging a berry from the set and moving over the Pokémon? :) GPX does have the "berry feeder", yes, but it reduces the fundamental feature to bland, repetitive nothingness. I mean if you can play the entire game by putting a piece of tape over the "1" key on your keyboard, I think that makes for an even more boring game... PFQ is a much more lively game. You're supposed to at least vaguely feel like you're actually going around people's farms and feeding the Pokémon. So there's that.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Kazzie's AvatarKazzie

Just a quick comment: have you tried dragging a berry from the set and moving over the Pokémon? :) GPX does have the "berry feeder", yes, but it reduces the fundamental feature to bland, repetitive nothingness. I mean if you can play the entire game by putting a piece of tape over the "1" key on your keyboard, I think that makes for an even more boring game... PFQ is a much more lively game. You're supposed to at least vaguely feel like you're actually going around people's farms and feeding the Pokémon. So there's that.
Yes, and it's even slower. (READ MY EDIT BELOW) The entire premise of a berry feeder is bland, repetitive nothingness no matter how you try to work it into your game, yet I'd say GPX does it better because at least I can get more done in a shorter amount of time. By the way, taping a key down doesn't do anything, since you have to press the key each time for each interaction, and you're also taken back to the Users page between every 300 interactions. Why it's actually easier, is because I can position my hand in a way that lets me hit all 5 berry keys at once with each and every single keystroke counting towards a Pokemon. That is optimization that I truly appreciate. In the half of a second that it takes for me to click 5 Pokemon on Pokefarm, I can feed about 15 on GPX. It sounds like I'm really digging in and cherrypicking at this point due to how small those differences are, but as someone longing for optimization when it comes to the process of things like shiny hunting in the actual games, I would say that I have a fairly good grasp on how much easier and enjoyable small optimizations and adjustments can make things. Remember back in gen 4 when we didn't have a way to track IVs or EVs, and then gen 6 and 7 added ways to accurately keep track of both of them? It's like that. I understand this point and can now see your reason behind the system, though I still feel that in a time where the standards of convenience are getting higher and higher, it's better to have a system that doesn't inconvenience people so much. If this is the system you want to keep going with, I of course can't stop you. But I would like you to give it some thought, yeah? One way to solve it in some way without completely reworking the system you have now, is that you could add more incentive to interacting with Pokemon other than a basic credits/interaction points reward, for example. Sure, you could argue that gives people enough incentive to do so on its own, but it takes a long and tedious process with nothing to do or obtain inbetween. Why not give people the chance to randomly find items, or chests, or maybe even rarely summoning items, while browsing around pages or interacting with Pokemon? EDIT: Okay, I will admit that I didn't actually try dragging the berry, and I'm not going to remove my initial statements simply to show that I will own up to what I've said that had me mistaken. This is actually...kinda nice, and it's also factoring in to my opinion on staying with this game. I like it, although it could be a lot quicker, and sometimes it stops recognizing I'm holding a berry over a Pokemon until I move my mouse again.
Hmm, one thought I've just had: what if you could mouse over the Pokémon and hit the 1-5 hotkeys to feed it? Not sure if this would interfere with the existing system though...
Kazzie's AvatarKazzie

Hmm, one thought I've just had: what if you could mouse over the Pokémon and hit the 1-5 hotkeys to feed it? Not sure if this would interfere with the existing system though...
I honestly think that's a really good idea. How do you think that interfere with the existing system, though?
Well if you're just trying to select a berry when you happen to have the mouse over it... And it doesn't allow you to see flavour preferences so it promotes the sorted style (which I'm against - players should organise them however they want without being "forced" into a particular structure) Perhaps a better option would be... Maybe provide the space bar as a substitute mouse button option? I'm not liking this idea as much any more XD
Kazzie's AvatarKazzie

Well if you're just trying to select a berry when you happen to have the mouse over it... And it doesn't allow you to see flavour preferences so it promotes the sorted style (which I'm against - players should organise them however they want without being "forced" into a particular structure) Perhaps a better option would be... Maybe provide the space bar as a substitute mouse button option? I'm not liking this idea as much any more XD
Why not have it so that selecting a berry can be done with the 1-5 keys, and then after that, every keystroke using the same key associated to the selected berry acts like a click using that berry? And if a berry is selected already, pushing a key associated to a different berry would simply swap to that berry, then allowing you to hit that key once again to click with that berry. It'd be the best of both worlds, right? By the way, if you haven't seen my edit in my last huge wall-of-text post, you should check it out.

Pages: 123··· 195196197198199··· 206207208

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page