PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in General Feedback thread

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > General Feedback thread >

Kazzie's AvatarKazzie

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Just a quick comment: have you tried dragging a berry from the set and moving over the Pokémon? :) GPX does have the "berry feeder", yes, but it reduces the fundamental feature to bland, repetitive nothingness. I mean if you can play the entire game by putting a piece of tape over the "1" key on your keyboard, I think that makes for an even more boring game... PFQ is a much more lively game. You're supposed to at least vaguely feel like you're actually going around people's farms and feeding the Pokémon. So there's that.
Yes, and it's even slower. (READ MY EDIT BELOW) The entire premise of a berry feeder is bland, repetitive nothingness no matter how you try to work it into your game, yet I'd say GPX does it better because at least I can get more done in a shorter amount of time. By the way, taping a key down doesn't do anything, since you have to press the key each time for each interaction, and you're also taken back to the Users page between every 300 interactions. Why it's actually easier, is because I can position my hand in a way that lets me hit all 5 berry keys at once with each and every single keystroke counting towards a Pokemon. That is optimization that I truly appreciate. In the half of a second that it takes for me to click 5 Pokemon on Pokefarm, I can feed about 15 on GPX. It sounds like I'm really digging in and cherrypicking at this point due to how small those differences are, but as someone longing for optimization when it comes to the process of things like shiny hunting in the actual games, I would say that I have a fairly good grasp on how much easier and enjoyable small optimizations and adjustments can make things. Remember back in gen 4 when we didn't have a way to track IVs or EVs, and then gen 6 and 7 added ways to accurately keep track of both of them? It's like that. I understand this point and can now see your reason behind the system, though I still feel that in a time where the standards of convenience are getting higher and higher, it's better to have a system that doesn't inconvenience people so much. If this is the system you want to keep going with, I of course can't stop you. But I would like you to give it some thought, yeah? One way to solve it in some way without completely reworking the system you have now, is that you could add more incentive to interacting with Pokemon other than a basic credits/interaction points reward, for example. Sure, you could argue that gives people enough incentive to do so on its own, but it takes a long and tedious process with nothing to do or obtain inbetween. Why not give people the chance to randomly find items, or chests, or maybe even rarely summoning items, while browsing around pages or interacting with Pokemon? EDIT: Okay, I will admit that I didn't actually try dragging the berry, and I'm not going to remove my initial statements simply to show that I will own up to what I've said that had me mistaken. This is actually...kinda nice, and it's also factoring in to my opinion on staying with this game. I like it, although it could be a lot quicker, and sometimes it stops recognizing I'm holding a berry over a Pokemon until I move my mouse again.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page