PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in General Feedback thread

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > General Feedback thread >

Kazzie's AvatarKazzie

QUOTE originally posted by arbor

the thousands of users who have been active here for 5+ years and continue to play daily would likely say otherwise. ;) it's a little presumptuous of you to claim that the core function of pokefarm- what really makes pokefarm itself- is deeply flawed and boring, when you've been here for approximately one week. maybe take some time to get used to the site before you start criticizing every aspect of it? the thousands of users who have been active here for 5+ years and continue to play daily would likely say otherwise. ;) it's a little presumptuous of you to claim that the core function of pokefarm- what really makes pokefarm itself- is deeply flawed and boring, when you've been here for approximately one week. maybe take some time to get used to the site before you start criticizing every aspect of it? and to be honest, not every site is for everyone. you may prefer other pokemon sites over pokefarm. but pfq's growing userbase of 100k+ people goes to show that if you don't like it, it's probably due to personal preference, not a flawed system. which is fine- i've played on many sites before that i grew bored of- but i recognized that that was due to my personal game preferences, and not the site itself.
I'm just here to try and provide my legitimate concerns so that Pokefarm can be improved, and telling me that my complaints are irrelevant because you don't agree with me (and you don't believe anyone else does), and also because I haven't spent much time on Pokefarm, quite frankly, turns me off from even giving feedback. Which is the entire point of this thread, is it not? Keep in mind not literally every single piece of feedback is going to be about a very minor problem, nor is this site perfect or immune to criticism by any means. What I am saying should not be shrugged off simply because of my apparent lack of time and experience spent on this website, considering I am a living example of a new player that has lost interest from the beginning. I'm a person that does get tired of things over time, losing patience ever so slowly as my time spent on it rises, but with that said, I'd say I have a pretty high tolerance and patience when it comes to at least starting things. But the fact that I cannot get into Pokefarm even right out the gates should be saying something. And I can't get used to the site if it genuinely is not fun, which is what's caused me to start pointing out flaws so early on in the first place. I already covered the 100k userbase point before. You should read the last few bits of my last post on the previous page, but if you don't want to, I'll summarize what I said below. 100k users total means little to nothing. I administrate another Pokemon game which is about roleplaying, and in a similar vein, it's had almost a quarter of a million players total. Yet it only gets about 30 people playing it daily, with maybe 40 on a good day. 100k users total is a completely meaningless number when compared to how many of those users even still go on to this day. And sure, 100k might be a growing number, but as for how many of those even cared enough to stick around...that is what I'm talking about.

QUOTE originally posted by Alimpson

Is 'hotkey for every berry' when you press, say, 1 for Sour and 2 for Spicy? If so, Pokefarm has that.
It does, but the method of actually interacting using said berries is a bit more complex and requires more attention than it's really worth, honestly. GPX allows me to open a whole bunch of Pokemon in one single tab, hit one key and be completely done with one interaction, whereas with Pokefarm, I have to hit a key...move the mouse over...spam clicks on a bunch of stacked pokemon...wait for my hand to start hurting...move on to the next field...repeat...switch tabs once I'm done with that person's fields...and repeat. It's a process that could easily be improved and optimized to make it four times as less grating. -------- Since all I've been pointing out were complaints, I'll point out some things I did somewhat like; clicking "Post" updated the page and let me know someone else posted before I did, so that I could make changes to my post without having to actually post it, realize there was a new post, and then edit my post to respond to that post accordingly. It's very small, but welcome. Something else I like is the additions of Albinos and Melans. I personally enjoy collecting rare stuff, and knowing that there are forms of Pokemon rarer than Shinies is rather exciting to me.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page