PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Update on the "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 567891011

Cele's AvatarCele
As stated in the post I linked, the Reboot would be fixing the foundational (re: crippling to progress) issues PFQ has, adding a central quest/storyline, and adding support for a lot of things including larger sprites. Sure, it could've been expanded on more, but a decent amount of information on what the Reboot would have that PFQ does not was already given somewhere along the way. ^^ In terms of why it was cancelled... people said no. So they're listening to the players. :P
sig code and sig bg image made by me
BlankSmile's AvatarBlankSmile
I'd personally like to hear more on why the Reboot was cancelled. Certainly there has to be more to it being cancelled other than mostly misinformed people disagreeing with the idea of a reboot. I'd also argue that if this is why the Reboot is cancelled, considering the backlash when it was announced, it'd have been cancelled the moment it was announced and not months after. If this decision was made solely because of users saying no, then I'd argue that users should have had more of a say in finalizing this decision. We should have had something like site wide voting to determine the fate of the site we all spend time on. I think it might be a slight bit unfair to say it was the players saying no that got the Reboot cancelled, considering we haven't had any information let alone input in the last few months. As far as I can gather, the majority of people who didn't like the idea of the reboot were worried about the unknowns. A lot of them are indeed addressed in the PokéFarm "Reboot" thread. However without updates and without an active thread where users could discuss the Reboot further, it's hard for that information to be at the forefront. I'm sure it was also a tough thing for people due to the fact that staff couldn't (understandably) give concrete answers to some of the questions. With more communication comes more reassurance. All in all, I'm really happy to hear that there'll be more communication going forward and I sincerely hope that PFQ going into it's "released" state will more or less accomplish what the Reboot wanted to.
"In terms of why it was cancelled... people said no. So they're listening to the players. :P" But they shouldn't have in this case, and I'll try to explain why. As you said well, "Reboot" announcement was premature, and a lot of people panicked, myself included. I'll use this one issue as an example: The original post, before editing, said that people would have to rebuild the living dex as transfered pokemon wouldn't count. Many users gave negative feedback, explaining why it would be unfair. After some time, it was changed, which is amazing because they listened to the feedback. However, in this case, despite the post being edited after the feedback, people still believed transfer would ruin their progress or change the game completely. So, in my opinion, the 'No' from players isn't honest as it was based on incorrect and insufficient information. A lot of people brought up serious concerns and valid points, and I'm hoping to see them being adressed and option for "Reboot" reconsidered. edit: BlankSmile said it better than me and I probably should have read the post before typing mine ;;
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
Just keep in mind that a cancelled "reboot" doesn't inherently mean cancelled work. Not commenting on anything as such or trying to give any particular insight, I'm just asking that nothing more be taken from what was said than what is there. When we have more to say, more will be said - we don't want a repeat of a situation that we should have learned from, after all! :p I'm back home in about a week's time. I'd wager that you can expect something further, even if it is some small detail, around that time. Quick after-thought -- May be worth using such updates as opportunities to answer questions that people pose, as opposed to doing what we've done thus far and effectively fought through the threads answering questions - including the same ones, over and over. Not throwing shade at anyone because honestly, I don't expect people to read all the way through to see if their query was answered. Perhaps that's a better way to handle it moving forward.
söbble's Avatarsöbble
I won't comment much on the reboot specifically because as long as the clicking system as it is remains and as long as my specials could be transferred, I would have been here. I was here for the "quest system" on PF1 and seriously... No thanks. I'm only here to click and get specials. What I will comment on is the vague assumption that a reboot / wipe is all that's needed to fix the special economy. I will argue that all that's needed to fix the special economy is something that Niet has rejected over and over again: a delta fix. This would be two-fold: allow for the trading of delta points and allow for the trading of deltas in for a severely reduced return. The delta system is a fantastic idea. For a site where the only real thing to do is get alternative sprites, giving each alternative sprite eighteen other alternatives with no work for the art team is amazing. But the trading system severely hinders getting rid of shinies and albinos in bulk. I want DP badly. However, I only buy melantistics for it. I've bought a ton of melans - I'm sure a lot of players are aware - and I would be willing to buy dp in massive amounts if I didn't have to do hundreds if not thousands of trades to do it. I know I am not the only one. Let us trade DP. Let us trade in bad deltas for a severely reduced return. Add a shop where we can spend DP in large amounts for effects that the art team won't have to work on (tinting sprites, different sparkle effects, exclusive hold items, stuff like that) and in huge amounts for a delta reroll (get a normal delta melan? Reroll it for 1,200 DP!). The answers are RIGHT THERE. There is so much that can be done to improve the economy without a whole reboot. A wipe would only help the economy for so long - eventually there would be a huge build up once again. I do hope that there's something that can be done to improve the base functioning of PFQ without a reboot, though. The lag can get unbearable, and there are a lot of issues that have been brought up that have waited years for any sign of change (albino radar z crystals, anyone?). I hope cancelling a reboot won't hinder progress on the coding front.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
I really dont want to speculate too much and get my hopes up. But i reaaaaallly hope that whatever niet is working on has something to do with the interestingly and unique roster of fakemon that are exclusive to PFQ because they are so quality and deserve their own lil thing.
Icon by me!
LunarTFM's AvatarLunarTFM
I can’t wait to see what this brings ^^
Lunar Crossing: we help you if you help us pfp credit: made by me using Gacha Life
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
add me to the list of ppl disappointed from this i was excited for something new, for a chance to play as a new player again (at least for a little while) since we aren't allowed multiple accounts here (for good reason, ofc, but im sad this chance was missed) I was also really looking forward to finally getting my ideal username since the person who has it here hasnt logged in in over 5 years and never hatched their starter, and this would have been a perfect way for me to get the username i wanted while not ''''stealing'''' the name from them. but now.... ;_; i was also really looking forward to play on a site that doesnt suffer from horrible lag every time anything remotely eventful happens, but I guess that wasn't a guarantee and was more of me being hopeful/imagining an ideal scenario for the reboot the bigger sprites sounded cool too but.....sigh i was really excited for the opportunities the reboot presented and now im just.... :( my hopes were brought up and now I don't really know what to look forward to. there's a lot of problems i've been willing to shrug off (re: lag, clunky trading, etc) since I believed something better was coming in the future, but now... I know i'm not the majority of the userbase and my specific wants arent everyone's wants, yadda yadda, i'm just...expressing My Own(tm) feelings - i really hope this cancellation means more frequent updates. as others brought up earlier, especially for suggestions that have been approved and have been waiting for months, years to be implemented. I know this decision wasn't made lightly, and I can't even say for certain if it was """the wrong""" or """the right""" decision. I just echo the concerns/thoughts of other users, especially as Belial put it, I really feel like this was a huge opportunity for the site's growth and future that's been passed up on. It also feels like it goes against the usual update mantra of "sites need to update and change, or else they stagnate and eventually die" which we're repeatedly told for things such as the sprite updates. More open + frequent communication would be wonderful, so we aren't just sitting here wondering what's happening, if anything's happening. ;w; Lack of information has been one of the worst things about this whole situation. I would just like...activity. New things. Updates. Signs that this site is still active, still moving forward. ( featurewise, beyond just adding new pokemon in :P )
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
In regards to the economy, we need something that's tantalising enough for people to give up a ton of shinies and albinos for the chance to win something. If deltas dont aeem to be a viable option. So more things are drained from the economy than recieved in the end. I thought something like Flight Risings weekly raffle would be a good idea. People sink SO MUCH into those fof the small chance of winning fantastic. I do remember someone saying somewhere that pfq doesn't want to have any gambling mechanics, but something that removes more from the site than it gives would fix a lot of problems. I heard pf1 had something like this?
xXShadeXx's AvatarxXShadeXx

QUOTE originally posted by naeriie

In regards to the economy, we need something that's tantalising enough for people to give up a ton of shinies and albinos for the chance to win something. If deltas dont aeem to be a viable option. So more things are drained from the economy than recieved in the end. I thought something like Flight Risings weekly raffle would be a good idea. People sink SO MUCH into those fof the small chance of winning fantastic. I do remember someone saying somewhere that pfq doesn't want to have any gambling mechanics, but something that removes more from the site than it gives would fix a lot of problems. I heard pf1 had something like this?
PF1 did have something like this. My memory of it is a lil foggy since I was quite young when on it. But you could trade in pokemon (didn't have to be shiny or anything) for these points/rates, and the more you put in, the more rewards that would appear on the wheel, then you would spin it and get something from it. How common/rare the pokemon were would determine the points you got from it I think? I could be merging two different things together, but something like this was on PF1.

Pages: 123··· 567891011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page