PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

🐔 (the cooler version)

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff >

Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
Howdy! I'm Chicken! 27 | they/them
by Animela
Shop Art + Adopt Shop F2U Icon/Art Thread F2U Template Thread Exclusive Hunting Guide How to Breed Variants! How I massclick + tips! All art in this journal, unless otherwise specified, is my own!
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
some of this stuff miiiiight be outdated; one of these days i'll tidy things up in here lol

useful links/quotes

helpful tools/things

Eltafez's Calculators alcremie masterpost dual typed field happiness chart

Exclusives listed by Dex Order

QUOTE originally posted by Gumshoe

Exclusives, by the Dex!
Howdy! I've seen a couple people ask to see how the Exclusive Dex is laid out so they have a better understanding of which dexes they need. The wiki doesn't quite have a list in the order they appear in the dex, so I'm organizing them here instead as they currently appear.

relic cost calculator

I made a small spreadsheet thing to help me easier visualize treasure prices based off of copper prices! it does the math for me so i dont have to keep doing the same math manually over and over every time i wanna estimate higher tier treasure prices XP Here's a link to the table, if you want to edit it with custom prices, you can go to File->Make a Copy and then edit it yourself there!

relic cheat sheet

QUOTE originally posted by Mareep

I'm not sure if this would be helpful, but when I worked on my badges, I made this cheat sheet for myself. It has the amount of coppers, silvers and golds you need to make each higher tier and you can also enter the price you want to buy those three (the underlined rows below) and see how much each tier would cost including upgrading prices. You'll need to make a copy to use it, but if you just want to see how many of one you need to make another, you can also just save the picture

obscure PFQ knowlege

weird galar unexpected message

QUOTE originally posted by SylveonRules

This is not a bug. When breeding with one or two Galar pokemon, they may produce the galarian form and the normal form, so you may find only normal corsola eggs.
Nope, that's not true! That only happens with site variants, NOT with regional variants. The same happens when breeding a male G. zigzagoon/linoone with a female obstagoon. I'm pretty sure the explanation had something to do with the way you obtain regional variants to begin with. When you breed a female galarian pokemon with a male pokemon that has a galarian variant, it will produce the galarian variant. male in a non-galar dex with a galarian form + female pokemon in the galar dex While it seems strange for this message to proc in this pairing, it's because Cursola is in the Galar dex and both of Corsola's forms are in the Johto dex. (Even the Galarian form is a part of the Johto dex!) Since Cursola is in the Galar dex and Corsola has a galarian variant, it makes the message appear. The system is technically working as intended, it just seems weird since they are both technically part of the same line. male in a non-galar dex with a galarian form + female pokemon in the galar dex still a male in a non-galar dex with a galarian form + female pokemon in the galar dex!

you can bookmark wiki pages

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

This is unfortunately not as simple as I'd like it to be, as the bookmarks are specifically meant to accept only local links, and allowing pfq.link would involve theoretically allowing any remote link and then trying to secure that. It's actually for this reason that you can access the wiki via https://pokefarm.com/wiki/Lunupine - so you can bookmark wiki pages. I'll see if maybe I can have a "special" way of doing shortlinks in a similar manner but I can't promise anything.

why exclusive minisprites need forward slash

You have to add a forward slash after the name. (im not sure why its that way, its just, how it is .<. ) [pkmn=gumairy/]
Technically you should put the slash anyway, even in things like Pikachu. Otherwise you're telling the code "any form is fine". Most of the time the default is what you want anyway, but try it with Unown! Exclusives are all technically forms of Missingno. since they don't exist in official games, therefore if you don't put the slash then you're saying any form is fine, so it defaults to Missingno..

shelter pokemon deletion

QUOTE originally posted by Rebecca Gold

Shelter team hatches pokemon after 2 days and hatched (or released) pokemon stays 4-5 days in shelter before it gets deleted. I don't know if it was a feature before but I tested it with another user and this was the result. ^^

more than 100% daycare

Percentages above 100% are "overkill" but it just means you have a buffer before the breeding rate drops if you're using the Red Gigaremo.

daycare percentages are multiplicative

QUOTE originally posted by RosharanNoivern

The effects on breeding chances shown in the above image should add up to a total chance of 82%, but it is shown as 79% instead (83 - 18 - 3 + 20 = 82).

Percentages are multiplicative. If they were meant to be added, they would be measured in pp (percentage points) 83% * (-18%) * (-3%) * (+20%) = 79.22%

shiny chance boost

It's a boost to your chances, not your actual chances! The "base" chance of hatching a shiny is very low, so it being boosted by 253.7% still means it's a fairly low chance. If, for example (this is not the actual shiny chance!), your "base" chance to hatch a shiny was 1% (can also be represented as 1/100 or .01), if you boost it by 253.7% (can also be represented as 2.537), that means your chance would now be 3.537%! (or 3.537/100 or .03537) the equation to find out boosted chances is [base chance]+[(base chance)*(boost percent)], just remembering to convert your percentages into decimals and vice versa so [.01]+[(.01)*(2.537)]=.03537 or %3.537 for our example up there! It's a little confusing if you're not very familiar with math/percentages, but, yeah, that's why it's not a guaranteed shiny ^^ The actual shiny chance is very very low (and we don't have an exact number on what it is!) so even when the boost gets into the thousands it's still not guaranteed to be a shiny!

flurrawr formes

QUOTE originally posted by annador

From what I've seen so far, its relative to where you hatch in the party what forme you get. Boreal = northern hemisphere. So hatch in the first two/top two slots of the party to get that forme. Austral = southern hemisphere. Hatch in the bottom two slots to get the smol one. The middle slots are between the hemispheres so to speak, so you get a random forme there. At least that's the theory so far. ^^;

only red scours penalized

While I can't say for definite because of the multitude of factors, I can confirm that yellow energy is fine, it's just red that gets penalised. If all else is good, it may penalise you up to 4 percentage points on the box chance, which is in the ballpark of 15%.

man-made pokemon

I'm actually not sure where the idea of "human-made" came from for this. If it's in the game text then I need to fix that. But it's just Genesect and Porygon (and evolutions) that can get Drives. Porygon2 has a slightly higher chance, Porygon-Z slightly lower because glitches.

base shiny chance

They are intentionally kept hidden because we got too many complaints from people saying "It says 4%, that's 1 in 25, but I hatched 26 eggs and didn't get a shiny, it's bugged!" I wish I were making this up. So now it just shows the relative boost, and still we get people being like "It says +3996% but that means I get 40 shinies for every egg hatched???" and I just... I can't any more XD To those who understand basic maths, the base shiny chance is the same as it was in Ruby/Sapphire. Modifiers are then stacked multiplicatively on top of that.

CSS Things™

Random pictures on refresh

fonts on PFQ

delta previewing

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

You put a img instead of the pkmn code.

For each type the rgba code is

: rgba(168, 168, 120, 1) : rgba(192, 48, 40, 1) : rgba(168, 144, 240, 1) : rgba(160, 64, 160, 1) : rgba(224, 192, 104, 1) : rgba(184, 160, 56, 1) : rgba(168, 184, 32, 1) : rgba(112, 88, 152, 1) : rgba(184, 184, 208, 1) : rgba(240, 128, 48, 1) : rgba(104, 144, 240, 1) : rgba(120, 200, 80, 1) : rgba(248, 208, 48, 1) : rgba(248, 88, 136, 1) : rgba(152, 216, 216, 1) : rgba(112, 56, 248, 1) : rgba(112, 88, 72, 1) : rgba(238, 153, 172, 1)

QUOTE originally posted by Corviknight

anyways here's an easy code to see what delta melans/specials look like without having to edit them and get permission lmao

code

[sc=delta][img]BASE DELTA HERE[/img][img]MELAN SRC HERE[/img][/sc] [style] .delta { position:relative; display:inline-block; >img:nth-child(2) { left:3px; top:4px; position:absolute; } } [/style]

CSS hue shift

QUOTE originally posted by Terabbit

show your mons with a hue shift!! Lets show our creativity. Heres mine
Terabbite Q

Terabbite Q

Mega Stone

(: 0)

One of the mysterious Mega Stones. Give it to Terabbit to let it Mega Evolve!

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +51,688,124
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Steel
Happiness 27%
Modest nature
How to do it! [sc=lol][pkmnpanel=LAST BIT OF POKEMON URL][/sc] [style] .lol .pkmn > .pokemon { filter: hue-rotate(A NIMBER BETWEEN 1-359deg);} div.party { margin: 0; } [/style] Part of url you need https://pokefarm.com/summary/65FBM Example [sc=lol][pkmnpanel=65FBM][/sc] [style] .lol .pkmn > .pokemon { filter: hue-rotate(90deg);} div.party { margin: 0; } [/style] If you want to do multiple you'll need to change the sc tag and the style tag!! Heres an example [sc=lol1][pkmnpanel=65FBM][/sc] [style] .lol1 .pkmn > .pokemon { filter: hue-rotate(300deg);} div.party { margin: 0; } [/style] This is what they look like The [sc=lol]
Terabbite Q

Terabbite Q

Mega Stone

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +51,688,124
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Steel
Happiness 27%
Modest nature
The [sc=lol1]
Terabbite Q

Terabbite Q

Mega Stone

Unsellable

Lv. 100 — +51,688,124
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Steel
Happiness 27%
Modest nature

CSS variables that pull site skin colors

Please note, these were pulled from an ancient post so the color descriptions are a bit inaccurate. There may be more that I'm not aware of but this is what i got @col-bg1 - the main background colour, default light green. @col-bg2 - the "heading" background colour, default brown. @col-bg3 - the "panel" background colour, default grey. @col-fg1 - the main text colour, default dark green. @col-fg2 - the "heading" text colour, default grey. @col-border - the colour used for borders, default dark green. @col-border2 - if the above doesnt work try this one?? @col-link1 - link colour, default blue. @col-link2 - visited link colour, default purple. @col-link3 - active link colour, default red.

use colors from certain skin in template

It turns out you are indeed correct, LESS supports importing stylesheets into blocks. Well I never. So it's actually possible right now, although it's a bit of a hack to do so. Create a skin. Doesn't matter what the colours are, but what you want is the Extra CSS area. Fill that in with whatever you need. The skin path will be something like asdf/my-skin-name In your post, you can then do: @import 'skins/user/a/s/d/f/my-skin-name/__extra'; So that's "skins/user/" then the first part of the skin path with each character separated by slashes, then the skin name, then "/__extra" - this is where the Extra CSS is saved. Sure it's a hack, but if it works... :D But as you said yourself, it'd only be useful to a small number of people... If there's demand for it, I'll put in some way of using actual files. Maybe even with the Notepad feature on the Farm page. But until then, like I said, if it works XD

neat + tidy wide tables

wowie, i've finally figured out how to make a wide table code that keeps the border intact and not have it weirdly stretched outside of the table itself if it's not the full length excited to start using this in my codes :D might go back and update my older ones

code

[style] tbody {border: outset 3px @col-border2;} table { border: none; display: block; overflow-x: auto; } [/style]
header header header header
content content content content
content content content content aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
content content content content aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
it'll need some adjusting if you're putting it inside a template of course, just adjust the border values in the "tbody" section to what you need (and remove any border values that were previously set in the code if there were any) (i wish i could have not needed to use the border color variable but for some reason leaving it blank pulls from the text color instead of the default border color :'] pfq border code hurts my brain)

common problems

invisible pokemon taking up slot/party is full w/ 5

Try going to your party page, visiting it should make the pokemon be visible again!

feebas wont evolve

You've probably maxed out the pokemon's sheen, which is not the same as its contest stats. (Think of sheen like its belly, it wont eat any more!) You have to either start over with a new feebas or feed it a black pokeblock to reset its sheen and contest stats. You have to feed it higher quality pokeblocks that give it less sheen (more feel = more sheen), especially pokeblock+'s (which give much less sheen than their regular counterparts)! According to this handy pokeblock guide, these are the recommended blocks to use for beauty:

old computer wont load pfq

QUOTE originally posted by Tarashia

I've seen threads here before where people had an old IP address in their computer's hosts file, which basically would try to redirect you to PFQ's old server every time you tried to connect. Since that is on the OS level, it would affect all browsers like you describe. Here's a Microsoft article on how to fix it. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-reset-the-hosts-file-back-to-the-default-c2a43f9d-e176-c6f3-e4ef-3500277a6dae
Given that you are a more veteran user, having been with us throughout multiple server changes, this is almost certainly the issue. Please check your HOSTS file and delete any unneeded pokefarm.com lines.

cant find reveal glass

In order to get "unique" items, the initial loot roll has to return a Box. If the Scour Mission would give you a Box, there is then a chance it gets replaced with the "unique" result. This applies to the Reveal Glass, Drives, and also Fossils. The "base chance" of a Box being replaced with a unique item is 10%. However, that chance is then further reduced based on the rarity of the item in question. I don't remember the exact value but I believe it's around another 10% chance for Legendary Forme-change Items. Yes, they're ridiculously rare, but you only need a small number of them. If you're only interested in Dex completion, there are many people who would be happy to Dex trade with you. If you want to keep them for yourself, I wish you the best of luck and hope you find them soon!
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
one more spare post for good measure
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
thinkin bout himb
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
you thought i forgot didn't you! think again!!!!!!!! merry almost christmas everyone 💕💕💕💕
from the Ace Attorney Trilogy
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
i finally finished ghost trick. here is my review

imgs from ghost trick edited by me

ok for real

i was so surprised when i learned it was the same ppl as AA who made it but now looking back, my GOD does it shine through so obviously (i'm. so glad that "truly inexplicable romantic tension between two men in conflict" extends beyond the AA series for this team) man i love the characters, i just really wish we could spend more time with them 😭😭😭😭 (mind, this is coming from someone with WELL over a collective 500 hours playing/replaying the AA series, so my...at MOST, 25? hours with GT really leaves me hankering for more) but i live and breathe weirdo quirky fictional men and my god this game delivers i LOVE the style, esp for the models, and the animations are so fluid and expressive and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuugh 😭😭😭😭 also the music is so good too, both the original + remastered tracks were good and really stick with you (this one punched me in the face) it was a fun time!! unfortunately the ending didnt quite hit me as satisfactory but boy howdy was the journey a fun time and definitely worth the ride 8/10, love it love it, so glad to add these guys to my weird fictional guy collection 💕💕💕
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
i have made a terrible mistake in realizing i have the ability to just. watch whatever i want. i dont have to like, wait 3 months in between each new thing i put into my brain, and i dont have to wait for recommendations to watch something. i can just. see something and then watch it for whatever reason i want. i have watched 3 full anime in 4 days. my brain is swimming. i am paralyzed with how many thoughts are ping-ponging in my brain simultaneously. how am i supposed to function like this. how do Normal People™ do this
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
why doesnt the water v~wave also increase ice type EXP. all ice is water. come on
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
i love brainrot!!!!!!!!!!
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
PTT
There's a Chinese proverb: "the mind cannot be in two places at once." Make sure that you're not thinking of something else during the mission, okay?
Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield?
People's reaction speed is slowest around three o'clock in the morning, and so is their judgment. If you're feeling drowsy, you should get some sleep.
CREDITS
Art from Metal Gear Solid Arrow navigation code by DrWho Template by me for my use only
i did it its held together by pencil shavings and dreams but i did it OTL

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page