PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Update on the "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234567891011

Peachi's AvatarPeachi
master.pngc.png
I am happy to see the current state of communication being addressed! I strongly feel like it's important to be open with the playerbase of a game, although I also understand why it can be difficult. I hope to see more frequent news, even if it's nothing huge! However, I must admit to being disappointed overall with this announcement. When the reboot was initially announced, there was a lot of unknowns. I think staff did their best to clear up any misunderstandings, but I know doubt and incorrect ideas still lingered among the users. Despite this there was pretty much radio silence for the next 5 months, with no updates, which didn't help the userbase feel more comfortable with the reboot. Knowing that the reboot was going to be a 1:1 transfer with little to nothing being lost, I was definitely excited about the reboot! It sounded like the recode was going to help a lot with future updates and content. So my question is also: why was the reboot shelved? I can only hope "something else" also means content updates being easier somehow.
My fields are optimized for clicking! 10k S&S Timid (Sweet/Pecha) Pokemon ♡
sprite made by sojussimblr
sprite made by Lonely Heart
sprite made by Matamoja
sprite made by Matamoja
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
grandmaster.pngss.png

QUOTE originally posted by TamerSnow582615

niet didnt like the way the current coding was looking so hes starting from square one again question: If we deside that we want to restart with the reboot, will current users have that option? or after the reboot will we have to contact a moderator? asking because im considering it.
No, because there is no reboot. But I guess there's nothing stopping you from just starting a new account and never touching that one again. Except, well, the staff. About the DP: I actually think it'd help to make specials worth more DP. As long as people don't lower the value of DP after the change, it'll make specials worth something again, without changing the value of deltas. Even though they're literally worthless.
summon_kyo.pngBuying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling.summon_kyo.png Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Unfezant's AvatarUnfezant
ultra.pnge+.png
Thanks so much for all your hard work,
Avatar from Official Pokemon Anime
timid's Avatartimid
master.pngc+.png
I have to join in with the minority that's a little bit... concerned? About the termination of the reboot. From my standpoint, PFQ isn't... "complete." PFQ isn't fit to leave beta stage. It still has many problems, as people have mentioned: the lag, the features, the convoluted setup (which has never bothered me, really, but it can be overwhelming to new users.) If the issue that brought a reboot to the table was always that PFQ is too much duct tape and safety pins to add to, update, tweak, etc... does this still just mean that these problems will simply remain? Or is there a Plan B?
Napstablook sprite by Toby Fox. Question mark from default pfq icon. Thrown together by me.
Camwoodstock's AvatarCamwoodstock
ultra.pnge+.png
As an aside, don't just do more updates in general; PLEASE start doing development logs that show what you're working on. It doesn't take much effort (I can't imagine writing "I'm coding <thing>" is too time-consuming or hard on the brain!), and it keeps the playerbase updated on what's being worked on (and it's much better than radio silence). Whether or not it's "interesting" isn't important; as long as it's something!
Source: Eastern Mind (MS-DOS), the Chu-Teng Symbol
~CWS - THE EPIC BLUNDER~
{Cam | Genderfluid | Born: Yes | Single | Dork | Plays video games | 132nd Skywatcher} Uhh... Nothing. More to come, hopefully Icon: Boxart for Japanese-only game "Chu-Teng" (name romanized)
Canine's Avatarhypermode-12.pngCanine
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pngb+.png
Making s/a worth more points is going to lower the value of the delta, you can't just create a bigger supply and not expect the price to lower as they become more obtainable. Further destabilizing one economy to try and fix another is not a fix. And worth is completely subjective, s/a are just as worthless as a delta. They are pixels for collection. That's it. Imho though Cynda brings up another great point. It's the absolute oversaturation of s/a accumulated over the years that's the biggest culprit. I do not see many people buying DP- the economy isn't crashing because of a small minority of users who enjoy the delta system (Granted, the tedious trade system is likely part of the blame for no one wanting to buy purely for points). I think offering small change for trade ins is a valid idea, so the surplus that will never get sold doesn't just sit indefinitely even when it's being offered to other users for literal pennies. The way I see it the site is going to die if the problems aren't fixed, and with the reboot shelved we don't even know now if they can be fixed.
Oliver. Male. 26. Melan Hunt Shop Code BG / Pixel Avatar: hellaonwheels@toyhou.se Sig Art Characters are mine.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
grandmaster.pngb.png
Dang, I was kind of looking forward to a reboot. Well, whatever Niet and the others think is best is probably best. Thanks for everything you've done to make PFQ everything it is : )
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Iona's AvatarIona
grandmaster.pngb.png
You guys have done a wonderful job, Niet. I always appreciate open communication between users and devs. While I'm a little sad to see the reboot go, I know the decision wasn't made lightly.
Genderfluid - Any Pronouns
Polyamorous Demiromantic Demisexual
USA
Team Instinct
summon_tko.png 21 / 1000 summon_tko.png
Cele's Avatarhypermode-12.pngCele
mod21073.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pnga.png
I want to be honest... so I will be. I'm incredibly disappointed. Why? Eh, a lot of reasons, mostly boiling down to the fact that, as stated here, PFQ was rushed into what it is since it was originally intended as a Facebook game, and was left with a bunch of foundational issues. I want to see what this kind of game can be, what it can become, what it can evolve into. I feel like the Reboot was that chance to make all of the changes needed to deliver a better game than before - something with an actual quest system and storyline that's genuinely worthy of being called a game rather than just a mindless clicking sim that's ultimately driven only by self-given goals. There's nothing saying you couldn't give yourself goals on the Reboot, but as things are we don't have a story here. It was also a chance to make a better economy. As it is now, things come out and then immediately crash in price because nothing is really consumed. Everything still exists and gets transferred around as even more of that thing comes into existence and drives the prices down further. Demand diminishes as supply covers it and exceeds it by leaps and bounds. Do I feel like the Reboot announcement was premature? Yes, there wasn't enough to show off to show people it was something wholly worth supporting and was going to be something more than what PFQ could be - a screenshot of a party page doesn't show much, after all, and there wasn't much that could be answered at the time. Garth told Niet as much and to hold the announcement, but he was excited and wanted to show what he was working on as many of us naturally would be! That said, I'm hoping there will be lots more updates of what's in store for PFQ. Do I think people could've been more open to the idea? Also yes. A lot of people didn't read much of the announcement or the questions answered within the thread, so a lot of questions got asked multiple times and people jump to the worst possible conclusions and cling to this idea that they'll lose their progress, lose their livedexes, etc. These are valid concerns! Don't get me wrong, they're totally valid concerns worth asking and addressing. But those questions got answered favorably - Garthic and Niet plainly stated that as much as humanly possible would be transferrable. So when I say I'm incredibly disappointed, it's because I feel like a huge chance for progress has kind of been... lost? Set aside? Pushed away? In essence, I'm of the opinion that the Reboot being cancelled means the loss of the most favourable end result of things, quality-wise and gameplay-wise. I don't know, it's something like that. Then again, I'm not sure what updates to PFQ and bringing it out of Beta will entail, so there's not much I can say in that regard. I'm still excited for the future, I'm still here for the long haul, and I still want to see what comes! I'm hoping that a lot of things can be fixed given time, and I'm also hoping that what the Reboot was supposed to be can be seen or played or implemented in some regard, even if it's not for Pokefarm. Am I harping on? Perhaps. But that's my two cents. :P Either way, thank you Niet for everything you do and I look forward to the future of PFQ and everything that's in store. :)
sig code and sig bg image made by me
Trebor's Avatarhypermode-12.pngTrebor
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngsss.png

QUOTE originally posted by Belial

...I feel like a huge chance for progress has kind of been... lost? Set aside? Pushed away? In essence, I'm of the opinion that the Reboot being cancelled means the loss of the most favourable end result of things, quality-wise and gameplay-wise. ...
As we have not (yet) been given an actual reason for the reboot being cancelled (beyond the very nebulous "...we - and more specifically I - misjudged the situation..."), I am not sure anyone can pass judgement as to what was lost, let alone why. Though I am sure at least some staff have some insight/understanding, I am also sure what is allowed to be discussed publicly is a much smaller subset {null:set?} of that information. I do look forward to more, and more frequent communication from the powers that be re: updates, progress and the like. Particularly details, when they are available.
Special dragon.png delta collector Team v-fire.png
Inferno Overdrive (Fire)
: 0 pts Current Shiny Hunt 6/258 animated sprite courtesy of blitzydragon (formerly Bryianna88)

Pages: 1234567891011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page