PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Update on the "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456··· 91011

D.MC's AvatarD.MC
im kinda glad the teboot didnt happen yet but yet im not, i wanted to be on a better playable site with better features but it will now give me more time to get a list of pokemon i want to transfer over. cynda put it far better into words than i could that now since the reboot isnt happening then now the current site can be worked on a bit more. i understand working on the new site things and the old site but now the staff will have more time to work on pfq and then work on the new stuff later. i do hope that the one suggestions that have been sitting for like 3 years get added, including newer suggestions being dealt with, new features added, regions finished, etc. until the reboot is a definate thing. im also realy excited to hear about any progress because it honestly felt like we really werent involved in anything with the site. i also think that the more people hear about the new sites progress the more they will be excited for it. sorry about the wording, im a bit tired ^^; other than that the staff are doing a great job, and i believe in all the staff on doing better things in the future and i wish you all an amazing 2020 ^^

PM's welcomed as long as its an actual conversation. person who made my PFP.
Winter Wolf's AvatarWinter Wolf
I’m a bit slow, anyone willing to post a thread or an announcement on the Reboot? I would like to read more about it.
Winters Sparkle Shop! Check out my shop for some cheap sparkles<3 ~♡~Winter Wolf~♡~
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria

QUOTE originally posted by TamerSnow582615

I’m a bit slow, anyone willing to post a thread or an announcement on the Reboot? I would like to read more about it.
Here's the link to the original announcement.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Astrifera's AvatarAstrifera
I'm new here, but was aware of the talk of a reboot. I'm happy to see that other plans are underway, and look forward to the future as a member of PFQ!
𝓛𝓪𝓭𝔂 𝓸𝓯 𝓔𝓿𝓮𝓻𝓵𝓪𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓵𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 ♋♌♎ Female • Pan • INFP-T • Witch Support Worker • Business Owner Student (MNRF) • Service Dog Trainer/Handler Photographer • Gamer • Gardener • Writer
credit
Avatar ©️ Kattling || Background ©️ The Garden of Words || F2U code by Gumshoe
willg8686's Avatarwillg8686
After 11 Years Of Being Beta It is now out of beta. Interesting
So wait... If I’m reading everything properly because TL;DR only skimmed Pokefarm is comming out of beta, should be little to no progress loss, and certain items will be removed or made into legacy items. Buut due to Niet not likening the months of coding he’s already put into this reboot, he’s scraped it and is restarting from the drawing bord. In my opinion Niet is overworking himself. He’s releasing galar Pokémon every 2 weeks. Is restarting his coding. And yet he hasn’t given up yet. Niet is a champ. Thanks Niet!
Where was it said about items being removed or turned into legacy items? 🤔 The only thing that happens to lately are when a tourney season finishes and the old tokens are unusable. Edit: I went to the original announcement and read it but I think you can ignore it. The thing about that would have happened on the reboot, which for now is not happening. I feel if they decide to bring it here instead that we’ll get a News post about it!

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

Q: What about item transfers? A: Not all items will exist in the new version but for those that do, the aim is to make them all transferable (maybe even those that don't could appear as legacy items?) To name an example, special evolution items may be overhauled. And in that case, the old items will either be discontinued outright or - be transformed in to the new system when transferred. ...If that sounds vague, that's because it is and right now, Niet doesn't know how that'd work but the point is that this is something will be made to work somehow. ...This is kind of what 'early development' means... oTL.” I couldent quote it directly. But I bet it will still be the same conditions as the last reboot announcement because their main goal is most likely the same. But if Niet would like to comment on it that would be great. If they could answer the same questions you answered last announcement ^_^

FAQ of last reboot anounsment

I just copied and pasted it Q: What about our progress? A: Long story short is, we'll save everything that we can. Currency / shiny chains / Pokémon etc. In regards to Pokémon, let me be very, very specific when I say "all of them", I do indeed mean ALL. Any questions as to 'what about 'x' ' can be answered with a 'yes'. Because when we say "all", we mean "all" :p When Niet said that you'd need to start a new account, he was correct. However, what he didn't specify was that with the "Transfer tool" that we will be providing for the transference of Pokémon, that's not the only information that can be present. The "Transfer tool" is effectively a 'link' between the PFQ account and the new build that he is working on. This can include all your account information, progress and all, if that's something you should opt to transfer over. As far as we are concerned, at this time, transferring the progress over does mean that the progress is lost on PFQ in return for it being gained on the new build. The main issue that we had was that it was wanted that people not be able to skip any progress milestones. However, in the feedback provided, people made it clear that we would need to find a way around this - and we think we have. We can't confirm it just yet because, again, Niet hasn't got there and the idea he initially put forward, he knew FOR CERTAIN that he could get that to work. He doesn't know that the new idea we have will necessarily work. In other words, it's being workshopped and is presently back to a "planning" phase. We'll provide more information on this when we can. As a bit of an off-note, Niet took note of people mentioning living dex's and has said that whatever system he implements for the transfer of things should not require the rebuilding of said living dex. ...He also says that looking back at his original plan, it was... "Rather silly". Q:What about my username? A: All users of PFQ will be given priority sign-up to the new build. This will be in the form of a link that you will click. This link will then fill out a form for the new build with your information. This information will not be editable so nobody else can change to take a username that is not theirs. ... Or something along those lines.~ The point is that it'll be something like this and you won't be able to lose your username unless you don't do the thing within the timeframe we set up, which we'll ensure is a more than reasonable amount of time. Q: What about item transfers? A: Not all items will exist in the new version but for those that do, the aim is to make them all transferable (maybe even those that don't could appear as legacy items?) To name an example, special evolution items may be overhauled. And in that case, the old items will either be discontinued outright or - be transformed in to the new system when transferred. ...If that sounds vague, that's because it is and right now, Niet doesn't know how that'd work but the point is that this is something will be made to work somehow. ...This is kind of what 'early development' means... oTL. Q: Why is everything getting reset? A: It's not. It can't be getting reset if it's a completely new game :p Besides that, we're allowing the transfer of your progress from here to the new build... Something most games don't do. Q: What's to say that another version isn't going to be built after this one? A: To be blunt and completely honest with you... With the things that are being planned, we'd sooner quit than rebuild everything again. We are building "PokéFarm, the definitive edition". There will be no more new versions after this. The current version that you're seeing was initially built to be a Facebook game. Yeah, that plan totally worked out. ( sarcasm o: ) Problem here is that as a result of that... There are things built as though it is still a Facebook game. ...It is not. For those who have seen me (Garthic) mentioning how the designing progress has issues? This is in part why. It is very difficult to build something for one platform and then, mid-way through development, with minimal changes, decide... Nah, I'll just build it for this instead! ... At that point, it's either hack it a bit to make it work or start over. ...Truth be told, we did not have the time to start over. That's it, really. Here. We're not being faced with the issues that led to what happened... Well, happening. So we're doing it RIGHT. Q:What is happening to PFQ? A: PFQ will be kept open for as long as it remains practical to do so. In real terms, this means that as long as it makes enough money to cover... Ehh... 75% of the server costs (instead of 100%) then it'll remain open. Which, on a side-note we can opt to downgrade the server instead of closing PFQ, if less people are using it. ...So in other words... We're really going to be trying to keep it open. Q: Will there be any new content for PFQ? A: So, Niet did pose an answer to this question in a help thread which basically said "eventually, no". However... After having spoken to one another and made some educated guesses as to how things will be working moving forward... While there will be no 'feature'-related development... Tournaments, MCWs etc. will continue, meaning new releases alongside the new build. There will be some possible issues as the new build will allow for sprites up to 128 x 128, while PFQ caps out at 100 x 100. This leaves us with two choices if any sprite (including in an evolution line) is too big. a) Don't release on PFQ. b) Cut off the sprite or downsize to 100 x 100 and if it looks bad... Well, that's that. So there will be no story-related events, or at least... Very few of them (as the new story engine has been upgraded and is no longer compatible with the one on PFQ) and there will be no new features. Bug fixes, so long as they're simple or urgent will occur. Q: Why can't you do this to PFQ? A: As a "tl;dr", here is what I can tell you. PFQ was built in a hurry, in secret, originally as a Facebook game, with little to no design or planning. ...The Recode that we did helped (which is what you're on now), but it can't fix the underlying core issues that are the foundation of the entire website. There is much more to this story that Niet is simply not comfortable talking about, as he worries that people will see it as 'playing the victim card' instead of it simply being an explanation of the duress under which PFQ was initially developed. Q: Why now? A: Niet didn't have the knowledge that he has now. It's that simple. He knew he couldn't do it justice at that time - and now he feels that he can.
LilyLuff's AvatarLilyLuff
I was wondering what was going to happen with that...I started to feel kinda 'errrrr' at the idea of buying more ZC because if there was going to be a replacement then it'd feel kind of pointless. So this news makes me feel much better about how I intend to spend my time here on PFQ! :D If that makes sense. I appreciate the update, at least, and I'm also glad to know PFQ isn't going anywhere. 💖
Credit
SBG by me, LilyLuff, for my use only/brushes by ObsidianDawn/Sprites credited to Serebii.net

"You are what you settle for." - Janis Joplin

RunnerAwaker's AvatarRunnerAwaker
Thank goodness you guys made a good decision. I hope you can work hard on Pokrfarm's development.

Pages: 123456··· 91011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page