PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Update on the "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234567··· 91011

StillHere's AvatarStillHere
This is exciting! Granted I had straight up forgot about the whole reboot thing, but still exciting news to wake up to.
Avatar | Shop They/them, he/him, or xe/xem/xyr pronouns please!
Vorn's AvatarVorn
Thanks for the update Niet, good to hear all of this ^^
Staryu's AvatarStaryu
I had made my peace with the reboot but I'm glad you decided against it. Looking forward to whatever comes next. :)
Karnine's AvatarKarnine
Great to here plans an future things to come for farm 😀
BendyDemon's AvatarBendyDemon
I have to admit I am relieved to hear that there won't be a reboot in the foreseeable future and that there are plans to move this site out of its 'Beta' status. A lot of us put a lot of time into building fields and filling the egg and pokedex and not many want to have to try and transfer stuff or whatever is involved. But..you do as you see fit regardless..
Bendy avatar is mine..I drew it. Name: Umachu Name: Wavelength Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage
BlankSmile's AvatarBlankSmile
I'm rather curious, why was the reboot shelved? I personally was looking forward to the reboot so I hope it's alright to ask! I'm also thankful that there'll be more communication about such big and important updates in the future. This site is where a lot of us spend a ton of our time so at the end of the day, it's quite important for us to know which direction it's heading in.
Winter Wolf's AvatarWinter Wolf
niet didnt like the way the current coding was looking so hes starting from square one again question: If we deside that we want to restart with the reboot, will current users have that option? or after the reboot will we have to contact a moderator? asking because im considering it.
Winters Sparkle Shop! Check out my shop for some cheap sparkles<3 ~♡~Winter Wolf~♡~
Canine's AvatarCanine

QUOTE originally posted by Cyndalavosion

A lot of people had specific hopes for the reboot. Improved currency and specials sinks. The z-crystal update being finally added. All the revamps being done. Bonus bars being adjusted to better reflect the sites userbase. Easier to use systems (trading, releasing fields, I'm sure there are more). Nothing about the work that was put into the new site, was stated to be saved or debated to be implemented onto this site, but rather that the idea as a whole was shelved, replaced by a new idea.
This is my main gripe about this, and why it's so jarring to see so many people happy. Are these features going to be possible on this site with its current 'spaghetti' code? How can you happy as a user with not knowing if this current site will be updateable as we were promised? Is progress that was promised to almost all be kept more important than having a functioning site that can grow? I'm not seeing this as at all as a positive. It's nice to know it was dropped I guess for work to be put onto other things, but what exact other things? Taking the site out of beta means very little. Does that mean there's going to be advertising and an attempt to gain a larger userbase? Is more focus going to be put into the revamps which haven't been touched on in over a year like Cynda mentioned? What about the terrible lag that kills the site whenever it gets even minimally more traffic than normal? Even the current userbase is struggling in the current site economy, is there going to be a fix for that too? Also I saw mention of making s/a worth more dp as a sink, please for the love of god do not do that, it'll just kill the effort and value of deltas and ruin their shaky economy too. >.>
Oliver. Male. 26. Melan Hunt Shop Code BG / Pixel Avatar: hellaonwheels@toyhou.se Sig Art Characters are mine.
Imho, delta Pokemon absolutely wrecked the value of s/a Pokemon because most people want to buy specials for peanuts now because the cost to delta one egg is far more than what the special gives, unless it’s a melan that gets delta’d. ^^;; Don’t get me wrong though, I love delta auras and some Pokemon look super nice with them, it’s just sad that near to nothing has any value anymore.

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Delta pokemon are only a part of the cause of specials not being worth anything in my opinion. The site has been up for years, everything is over-hunted, and the only way to clear your fields is to sell cheap. We need a specials sink that gives currency, or something new. Just giving delta points isn’t enough, cause delta pokemon don’t even have a good value themselves. This was another thing I’d hoped to see on the reboot. A better since that was more rewarding for the users. Everyone says it’s in the power of the users to set the economy, but how does 1 person bring themselves out of this hole the site has collectively dug for itself, for the economy? I’ve tried, I’ve seen others try, but I can’t even get fakemon and variants to sell well enough where I feel it’s even worth it to hunt. I used to only hunt with the daycare, as a personal preference, but my hunts don’t even make enough profit for me to do this, or even cover my HM and Ubercharm for the month nowadays either. And I completely forgot about some of the stuff Canine mentioned. I know the lag when there are a certain amount of users online is more the host than the site itself, but that’s not enjoyable and I was hoping for a fix myself. It’s hard to even enjoy the bonuses when we get them cause of this, and we don’t get the bonuses very frequently because users just aren’t as active anymore. Im on mobile ik this isn’t worded well sorry

Pages: 1234567··· 91011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page