PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Update on the "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 91011

I’m not quite sure why a lot of people are relieved there will be no reboot, especially when if I remember correctly, the reboot was brought up as the coding for PFQ was so bad that Niet sometimes needed to hack his own website to add things. It wouldn’t have been like we’d have to completely start over on an improved site. ^^; (esp as mods were saying they would have tried to have all progress transferable) I must be in the minority who was looking forward to what the reboot would bring, but appreciate this update regardless, and also look forward to what is to come for PFQ now. c:

Avatar is my sona, drawn by Saapricots!
×7/1000

Caliban's AvatarCaliban
I won't lie when I say I was looking forward to the reboot. But this doesn't mean I'm unhappy; can't wait to see what you have planned for the future. And as always thanks for all the hard work you do.
Avatar is my sonic OC Presto, drawn by Kazuma Kiryu
EspeUmbre's AvatarEspeUmbre
I wasn't playing yet durring the first reboot and wont lie when I say the transfer idea scared me. I was on the fence about liking or disliking the whole thing. In the end I decided I'm sticking with you guys no matter your decition moving forward. You are all a great bunch of staff and work hard to give us a great game to play. I know you will continue this and I look forward to seeing what you do to continue imporving the game.
naeriie's Avatarnaeriie
As long as the site can continue to be improved as it is, then I'm all for it. On a programming standpoint I can see the recode having been incredible due to working out all that spaghetti code. But on the other hand if the current site can be tidied up and worked on, sounds good to me too. The only thing I have a gripe with, with not rebooting is that special values have crashed through the floor. I'd love to see some kind of special sink that will raise their value again. Whether it's something new or they simply give more dp. Glad to see more transparency being at the forefront though. c:
Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
I agree with the minority others here that were looking forward to the reboot, since there definitely are parts of PFQ that need tweaking. If these changes can be done without breaking the current site, then that's great too. But I wasn't worried about the loss of progress or things like that because the devs specifically said this wouldn't happen, and I trust you. I look forward to whatever new ideas and improved content you have planned, Niet.
Buy stuff at my Shop Score: 2294
Lawless's AvatarLawless
Glad there's going to be no reboot, hearing it demotivated me from doing anything on this site because of the uncertainty about the progress we've already all made here. I hope this one continues to improve. The only real thing I'm sad about directly linked to a site change is having the old accounts who take nice names being gone so it frees up the names. It's annoying when nice names are taken by very obvious accounts who started and quit after one day and haven't touched it since then. I hope you guys choose to delete these accounts or rename them to something else if someone asks to have their name changed to that name. The other thing, not directly linked, is I hope you guys can finally come up with a definite set of colors for each Pokemon and stop changing them. The constant changing for things that have already been changed is incredibly frustrating and makes people lose modiviation to hunt Pokemon outside of their favorites because you never know what's going to change. I was hoping with the new site these would exist, but since we're not getting it there can we please have that here. Thanks for the continued work on the site and not abandoning it.
Jayden | Ghost | Vivillon Enthusiast
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 96 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +1,908,394
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
x 4 / 200
Collecting for Koko hunt!
x 9 / 1000
Collecting for Articuno hunt!
VyrusVoyd's AvatarVyrusVoyd
I'm neutral on a reboot or not. I'm more happy about the more frequent communications. I won't lie, but I have felt like the community has been ignored a number of times. Really happy that feeling will fade. Keep up the good work!
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
Can I just ask, will we soon be able to see more frequent updates to the site, since now there isn't much a reason to not? I hope I don't word anything poorly, rudely, or harshly, as my intention is purely to cease wondering and start knowing. I'm glad communication was used for this, it's appreciated. However. That means for 6 months, work was done and essentially wasted, if you just boil it down to the facts. 6 months that could've been spent on current features for PFQ. For example, this suggestion was made and approved over 2 years ago and there hasn't been any implementation of it. Here is another suggestion that was approved, also over 2 years ago. The changelog hasn't really had an update since September, because in my opinion the flags update wasn't prompted or heavily requested or even that big of an update, I'd already forgotten about it until I checked the changelog just to make this point in my post. It has been over 1 year, specifically 14 months, since Hoenn revamps were released, and Sinnoh still has not been finished. While art team is not specifically related to the release of new updates on the site, I can say the revamps are definitely amongst the more wanted features that aren't here yet. While Galar has been dropped, and that is likely a priority, 14 months for 1 region, probably one of the smallest regions, seems rather... unnecessary. Not to disregard the positivity of the post, but I'm also just not 100% why users seem to be so.. pleasant? Again, I'm all for the communication. Ecstatic about it. But as stated, that's 6 months essentially wasted. 6 months potentially towards this site. The here and now. A lot of people had specific hopes for the reboot. Improved currency and specials sinks. The z-crystal update being finally added. All the revamps being done. Bonus bars being adjusted to better reflect the sites userbase. Easier to use systems (trading, releasing fields, I'm sure there are more). Nothing about the work that was put into the new site, was stated to be saved or debated to be implemented onto this site, but rather that the idea as a whole was shelved, replaced by a new idea. Furthermore, it's stated that better communication is something being strived for, and that you, Niet, believed 1 update every 6 months is not good enough, but before this you said that the next update we would get in regards to this topic, would be in 6 to 8 months. Now, having no clue what this could be, I'm not terribly upset with it, but it's rather contradicting, the way I see it. Again, I'm glad the goal is more communication, but I'm sadly just less glad about everything else.
I'm actually kind of disappointed there will be no "Reboot". I honestly hoped for new and improved features, especially trade centre update (being able to trade only items and not just 5 of them) and potential sparring improvement, which I hoped would bring more attention to this feature. (Cyndalavosion said it well and I fully agree.) If site can be improved without the reboot, that's great but if reboot is necessary, I personally think it should be done then. It was already stated we won't loose progress so I don't see any problem in that aspect. Either way, I just wish for this site to improve and I hope it does.
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
pixelkitty's Avatarpixelkitty

QUOTE originally posted by Cyndalavosion

Okay, I agree with everything else you've said but - I believe the statement Niet made about the next update being in "6-8 months" was a self depreciating jab at how few updates have been made recently.
⚢ Sylveon PFP from Pokemon Shuffle

Pages: 12345··· 91011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page