PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Update on the "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 7891011

Camwoodstock's AvatarCamwoodstock
Really, I think it boils down to that at the VERY LEAST, we should get a Recode 2 or something like it. Niet said it himself; PFQ was originally divised as a Facebook game, and, well, look how that turned out. A lot of PFQ's issues aren't just in the economy; they're fundamental engine-based issues. ...prooobably should've backed up the quest code before trying this, though. Not having proper events has REALLY, REALLY sabotaged this game in my opinion--besides the pre-existing lack of any real story or player motivation, these were basically as close as we had to them, and we haven't had a single one for... gosh, who knows how long, due to the quest code being prematurely updated.

QUOTE originally posted by xXShadeXx

QUOTE originally posted by naeriie

In regards to the economy, we need something that's tantalising enough for people to give up a ton of shinies and albinos for the chance to win something. If deltas dont aeem to be a viable option. So more things are drained from the economy than recieved in the end. I thought something like Flight Risings weekly raffle would be a good idea. People sink SO MUCH into those fof the small chance of winning fantastic. I do remember someone saying somewhere that pfq doesn't want to have any gambling mechanics, but something that removes more from the site than it gives would fix a lot of problems. I heard pf1 had something like this?
PF1 did have something like this. My memory of it is a lil foggy since I was quite young when on it. But you could trade in pokemon (didn't have to be shiny or anything) for these points/rates, and the more you put in, the more rewards that would appear on the wheel, then you would spin it and get something from it. How common/rare the pokemon were would determine the points you got from it I think? I could be merging two different things together, but something like this was on PF1.
I think you're thinking of the Amulet Coins and Doug's Wheel? Info on PF1 is very hard to come by, but I vivdly recall this wheel existing. Really, I remember a LOT of Doug in PF1; he was certainly more present than he is in PFQ, and I really wish stuff like the item exchange were still around! (Still hoarding those Leppa Berries...) I think the reason it wasn't implemented was due to Nintendo's own restrictions about gambling being self-imposed between the time PF1 added that feature (Gen 4) and PFQ coming out (Gen 6), plus Niet just didn't want any sort of gambling at all personally? I could be wrong, and if so, PLEASE correct me. Still kinda wish we at least kept the PF1 wiki up so faulty memory of veterans wasn't the only thing keeping it alive... as if that whole "losing an entire game" was already bad enough for archival!

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

And with how old pfq is (Don't know when they moved from pf1, but the recode was 7 years ago),
Correction--the recode was most certainly NOT 7 years ago. In fact, 2013 (7 years ago) was when PFQ entered closed beta (yeah, it had a closed beta phase, if you can believe that)--the Recode was a good 4 years ago (in 2016).
Source: Eastern Mind (MS-DOS), the Chu-Teng Symbol
~CWS - THE EPIC BLUNDER~
{Cam | Genderfluid | Born: Yes | Single | Dork | Plays video games | 132nd Skywatcher} Uhh... Nothing. More to come, hopefully Icon: Boxart for Japanese-only game "Chu-Teng" (name romanized)
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Camwoodstock

...prooobably should've backed up the quest code before trying this, though. Not having proper events has REALLY, REALLY sabotaged this game in my opinion--besides the pre-existing lack of any real story or player motivation, these were basically as close as we had to them, and we haven't had a single one for... gosh, who knows how long, due to the quest code being prematurely updated.
Where'd you get that idea from? o_O
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Camwoodstock's AvatarCamwoodstock

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

...prooobably should've backed up the quest code before trying this, though. Not having proper events has REALLY, REALLY sabotaged this game in my opinion--besides the pre-existing lack of any real story or player motivation, these were basically as close as we had to them, and we haven't had a single one for... gosh, who knows how long, due to the quest code being prematurely updated.
...I must be having a mandela effect-style moment right now, because I SWORE it was said that's why there was no Halloween/Christmas event, and now I can't find it. I think it says a lot about me as an individual where I can remember stuff from PF1--no more than seven years ago--just fine, but ask me about something that happened last year and my mind goes kaput.
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

And with how old pfq is (Don't know when they moved from pf1, but the recode was 7 years ago),
Correction--the recode was most certainly NOT 7 years ago. In fact, 2013 (7 years ago) was when PFQ entered closed beta (yeah, it had a closed beta phase, if you can believe that)--the Recode was a good 4 years ago (in 2016).
I knew something was 2013, guess I just mixed them up. I didn't join until 2017, so they were both history before I got here. But anyway, it's still been years with nothing working to solve that issue, so inactive accounts have just been piling up. 4 years or 7 years, something should be done about them.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

In the reboot thread it was stated in the first post "So there will be no story-related events, or at least... Very few of them (as the new story engine has been upgraded and is no longer compatible with the one on PFQ) and there will be no new features. Bug fixes, so long as they're simple or urgent will occur."
Avatar of a Bannette/Tyranitar Fusion was made by BumbleJuice Avatar of a Tyranitar/Grimmsnarl Fusion was made by AmazedFurz Avatar of the Goodra Fusion was made by SailorSCTk Avatar of Flurbet was made by Cynda

Please disregard what has been announced previously about the "Reboot".
And this was stated in the first post of this thread. Once a... "ground level" is reached with what we are working on at this time, things will proceed as normal. Which, for reference, does mean that updates which were shelved because "the recode will fix this" are open for debate/discussion/consideration/[insert word of choice here].
Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
I really hate seeing all of this speculation (again) about what is happening with the reboot being shelved. This is exactly why there were problems with Reboot information to begin with, because we are not getting the full story from the devs. We have not received from Niet or Garth an exact explanation why it was shelved, so speculating or assuming makes us look stupid and causes even further problems. We really need to receive regular updates, weekly or bi-weekly, even if it's just "continuing to work on coding a new __". Please stop giving us partial information so infrequently that we make up wild speculation in the interval.
Buy stuff at my Shop Score: 2294
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
I would ask for patience, it's not exactly easy to come forward and explain why your passion project is shelved, it takes a lot of sitting back, thinking and coming to terms with it. Remember, this isn't just a job for Niet - it's a hobby, something he loves. This was pretty big for him. Beyond that, Garth is also spending time with his wife - he's on holiday and I think that earns him a little reprieve while he lives his life, it's not every day you can travel across a great distance to be with someone you love so dearly! Anyway, sit tight. It will come.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
Exactly. Based on the fact that there is real life and that things in real life happen, I don't think it is fair to the devs, and to the rest of us, to drop big news like "we're rebooting the entire site and you're going to be able to transfer over some things!" or "we're shelving/dropping the reboot!" It breeds speculation, misinformation, and conspiracy theories. Examples: "you're going to have to completely redo the pokedex and will lose all your progress" or "the reboot was cancelled because they listened to the (misinformed) people complaining about losing content and progress". I undertand that this is the situation we are in now, but we/the devs need to learn from the first time and should not drop big news until a full explanation can be given. And then once news is released, regular updates need to happen to keep the rest of us involved. It also allows less information to be completely revealed in detail at the beginning, if more details can be published a week later or something.

QUOTE originally posted by Constantine

Anyway, sit tight. It will come.
is the same thing we were told after the reboot was announced, and the next update we got was six months later saying that it was cancelled/shelved/however you want to call it. The solution is simple: assign one person to create a newsletter published in the news tab or made to look like a message from Doug or some other in-game character, weekly or bi-weekly (no less frequent than that), that includes brief updates about the game, events, and the progress of internal developments. This can include everything from a sneak peek at upcoming changes and events to an announcement of the winner of the latest dress-up contest.
Winter Wolf's AvatarWinter Wolf
I think their could be a moderator who is assigned as the “news reporter” so we can get updates when Niet thinks we should. Just so we aren’t left in the dark. I’m not saying daily reports, just every few weeks we are told “the reboot is going fantastic I really thing you will like it” or “we’ve had a few minor setbacks but we are back on track” like, a few statements saying stuff like that will keep us informed and hyped, I’ll be honest, I completely forgot about the reboot.
Winters Sparkle Shop! Check out my shop for some cheap sparkles<3 ~♡~Winter Wolf~♡~

Pages: 123··· 7891011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page