PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Update on the "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Update on the "Reboot" >

Camwoodstock's AvatarCamwoodstock
Really, I think it boils down to that at the VERY LEAST, we should get a Recode 2 or something like it. Niet said it himself; PFQ was originally divised as a Facebook game, and, well, look how that turned out. A lot of PFQ's issues aren't just in the economy; they're fundamental engine-based issues. ...prooobably should've backed up the quest code before trying this, though. Not having proper events has REALLY, REALLY sabotaged this game in my opinion--besides the pre-existing lack of any real story or player motivation, these were basically as close as we had to them, and we haven't had a single one for... gosh, who knows how long, due to the quest code being prematurely updated.

QUOTE originally posted by xXShadeXx

QUOTE originally posted by naeriie

In regards to the economy, we need something that's tantalising enough for people to give up a ton of shinies and albinos for the chance to win something. If deltas dont aeem to be a viable option. So more things are drained from the economy than recieved in the end. I thought something like Flight Risings weekly raffle would be a good idea. People sink SO MUCH into those fof the small chance of winning fantastic. I do remember someone saying somewhere that pfq doesn't want to have any gambling mechanics, but something that removes more from the site than it gives would fix a lot of problems. I heard pf1 had something like this?
PF1 did have something like this. My memory of it is a lil foggy since I was quite young when on it. But you could trade in pokemon (didn't have to be shiny or anything) for these points/rates, and the more you put in, the more rewards that would appear on the wheel, then you would spin it and get something from it. How common/rare the pokemon were would determine the points you got from it I think? I could be merging two different things together, but something like this was on PF1.
I think you're thinking of the Amulet Coins and Doug's Wheel? Info on PF1 is very hard to come by, but I vivdly recall this wheel existing. Really, I remember a LOT of Doug in PF1; he was certainly more present than he is in PFQ, and I really wish stuff like the item exchange were still around! (Still hoarding those Leppa Berries...) I think the reason it wasn't implemented was due to Nintendo's own restrictions about gambling being self-imposed between the time PF1 added that feature (Gen 4) and PFQ coming out (Gen 6), plus Niet just didn't want any sort of gambling at all personally? I could be wrong, and if so, PLEASE correct me. Still kinda wish we at least kept the PF1 wiki up so faulty memory of veterans wasn't the only thing keeping it alive... as if that whole "losing an entire game" was already bad enough for archival!

QUOTE originally posted by rmcqu1

And with how old pfq is (Don't know when they moved from pf1, but the recode was 7 years ago),
Correction--the recode was most certainly NOT 7 years ago. In fact, 2013 (7 years ago) was when PFQ entered closed beta (yeah, it had a closed beta phase, if you can believe that)--the Recode was a good 4 years ago (in 2016).
Source: Eastern Mind (MS-DOS), the Chu-Teng Symbol
~CWS - THE EPIC BLUNDER~
{Cam | Genderfluid | Born: Yes | Single | Dork | Plays video games | 132nd Skywatcher} Uhh... Nothing. More to come, hopefully Icon: Boxart for Japanese-only game "Chu-Teng" (name romanized)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page