PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Update on the "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Update on the "Reboot" >

UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria

QUOTE originally posted by Belial

In terms of why it was cancelled... people said no. So they're listening to the players. :P
I really hope that's not the case, but it's happened before. The much-requested Trade Center update was cancelled because people complained about 1 thing, something we already have: Unlimited currency trades. Everything else was generally responded to positively. I hope the negative response to losing progress, which was confirmed to not be happening, wasn't the reason for this change. My only issue with this change originally was losing the chance for inactive accounts to be purged, but as many people put in their ideas, I can see it's much worse than that. If the site's as bad as Noot has said, being almost impossible to make updates to, it seems like a full rewrite would be neccessary whether we call it pfq (pfq2? pfq3.0?) or pfr. Which is easier? Noot knows best. It could just be Noot doing the same thing he was doing for the reboot, but just saying it's still pfq to alliviate the concern. Either way, I'm hoping the teased improvements, forgotten accepted suggestions, and highly requested updates will be implemented, whether we call it pfq or pfr.

QUOTE originally posted by Kiryu

add me to the list of ppl disappointed from this I was also really looking forward to finally getting my ideal username since the person who has it here hasnt logged in in over 5 years and never hatched their starter, and this would have been a perfect way for me to get the username i wanted while not ''''stealing'''' the name from them. but now.... ;_;
Same here. The username I want, while they have hatched their starter, still have their bulb after 4 years of inactivity. And with how old pfq is (Don't know when they moved from pf1, but the recode was 7 years ago), it's really needed. Hopefully something gets done about it with this new recode. I've been thinking a lot about the most optimal way to implement this (And I might write a suggestion for my current idea at some point), but if you've been gone for years, I probably could just be a "stinks to be you" situtation, especially if you still have a bulb. Obviously, you didn't care enough about the site to stay active, and in many cases, finish or even start the tutorial.
Buying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling. Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page