PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Update on the "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Update on the "Reboot" >

Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
Exactly. Based on the fact that there is real life and that things in real life happen, I don't think it is fair to the devs, and to the rest of us, to drop big news like "we're rebooting the entire site and you're going to be able to transfer over some things!" or "we're shelving/dropping the reboot!" It breeds speculation, misinformation, and conspiracy theories. Examples: "you're going to have to completely redo the pokedex and will lose all your progress" or "the reboot was cancelled because they listened to the (misinformed) people complaining about losing content and progress". I undertand that this is the situation we are in now, but we/the devs need to learn from the first time and should not drop big news until a full explanation can be given. And then once news is released, regular updates need to happen to keep the rest of us involved. It also allows less information to be completely revealed in detail at the beginning, if more details can be published a week later or something.

QUOTE originally posted by Constantine

Anyway, sit tight. It will come.
is the same thing we were told after the reboot was announced, and the next update we got was six months later saying that it was cancelled/shelved/however you want to call it. The solution is simple: assign one person to create a newsletter published in the news tab or made to look like a message from Doug or some other in-game character, weekly or bi-weekly (no less frequent than that), that includes brief updates about the game, events, and the progress of internal developments. This can include everything from a sneak peek at upcoming changes and events to an announcement of the winner of the latest dress-up contest.
Buy stuff at my Shop Score: 0
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page