PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Update on the "Reboot"

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Update on the "Reboot" >

BlankSmile's AvatarBlankSmile
I'd personally like to hear more on why the Reboot was cancelled. Certainly there has to be more to it being cancelled other than mostly misinformed people disagreeing with the idea of a reboot. I'd also argue that if this is why the Reboot is cancelled, considering the backlash when it was announced, it'd have been cancelled the moment it was announced and not months after. If this decision was made solely because of users saying no, then I'd argue that users should have had more of a say in finalizing this decision. We should have had something like site wide voting to determine the fate of the site we all spend time on. I think it might be a slight bit unfair to say it was the players saying no that got the Reboot cancelled, considering we haven't had any information let alone input in the last few months. As far as I can gather, the majority of people who didn't like the idea of the reboot were worried about the unknowns. A lot of them are indeed addressed in the PokéFarm "Reboot" thread. However without updates and without an active thread where users could discuss the Reboot further, it's hard for that information to be at the forefront. I'm sure it was also a tough thing for people due to the fact that staff couldn't (understandably) give concrete answers to some of the questions. With more communication comes more reassurance. All in all, I'm really happy to hear that there'll be more communication going forward and I sincerely hope that PFQ going into it's "released" state will more or less accomplish what the Reboot wanted to.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page