PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 718719720721722··· 746747748

I see Tyrantrum has now updated, like the colours and glad the pose didn't change too majorly I like the melan Tyrunt colours, but I'm kinda sad the sprite is so squat now
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Shazi's AvatarShazi

QUOTE originally posted by Prometheus

Thought I’d ask this here since it was mentioned in discord- Is there a reason so many of the new sprites are smaller? I feel like with every new update I’m having to squint/zoom in to actually get a good look at the new sprites
Our newer sprites have been smaller to fit more closely with already established sprite sizes with the rest of the regions. When we have been making our new sprites we have been a bit better at taking into account existing pokemon of similar size and body shaped and found consistantly across especially older sprites like kalos, they were far too large. to this end, a lot of sprites have been scaled down as to not look so out of place next to other pokemon
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me

QUOTE originally posted by Shazi

Our newer sprites have been smaller to fit more closely with already established sprite sizes with the rest of the regions. When we have been making our new sprites we have been a bit better at taking into account existing pokemon of similar size and body shaped and found consistantly across especially older sprites like kalos, they were far too large. to this end, a lot of sprites have been scaled down as to not look so out of place next to other pokemon
Is this sort of in line with shrinking the "main" sprites down when a Totem Q is introduced?
Shazi's AvatarShazi

QUOTE originally posted by Alchemist's Fire

Is this sort of in line with shrinking the "main" sprites down when a Totem Q is introduced?
yes and also no, the totems kinda forced us to shrink down sprites to compensate, this is less to do with compensation and more to do with style matching existing sprites. It is silly to have a litten sprite be twice the size of say the glameow sprite when they are both incredibly similar sized and shaped pokemon, same for pretty much all of the pokemon we are currently sizing down. When you look at our old sprites against existing canon ones they are consistantly too big
Jalakins's AvatarJalakins
Just came to say that while I love the new Amaura and aurorus sprites, the melan colors are a little disappointing. The purple just made it pop before and now it feels a little dull and not as pretty. :( Love the poses though! Very cute!
I always try to click back! <3 384/2000 Avatar by Rylee. Siggy from quinn. Sprite credits here.
Shazi's AvatarShazi
Thank you everyone for your feedback, we are looking into ways to adjust the Amaura line, for now we will be leaving these colours as is for a day or two while we try new ideas

QUOTE originally posted by Alchemist's Fire

yes and also no, the totems kinda forced us to shrink down sprites to compensate, this is less to do with compensation and more to do with style matching existing sprites. It is silly to have a litten sprite be twice the size of say the glameow sprite when they are both incredibly similar sized and shaped pokemon, same for pretty much all of the pokemon we are currently sizing down. When you look at our old sprites against existing canon ones they are consistantly too big
Ah, okay. I think I kinda saw this with an older Goomy sprite when I was looking at sprite history, so this makes sense. Thank you for a more detailed explanation =)

Thank you everyone for your feedback, we are looking into ways to adjust the Amaura line, for now we will be leaving these colours as is for a day or two while we try new ideas
Thank you for your consideration ♥ I hope the melan frills can be brightened or do something to restore the "aurora borealis" feel, looking forward to seeing the new idea(s)
Iron Jugulis's AvatarIron Jugulis
Kinda disappointed with the Amaura line. I like the old pose more and also the color, look at my beloved mon and my goal, I feel super demotivated... glad to hear the colors are temporary! My mons are named by the old color vibes, just a side fact :D
”A knight’s duty goes beyond a sword." -Kaeya Alberich
0 / 500, 15zc/ea
Trade ShopArt ShopJournal pls give my bab Morgen some love! ->
Snow Jewel

Snow Jewel

Forme-Change Item

(: 0)

A delicate jewel that seems to be frozen.

Sells for 325

Lv. 100 — +4,298,586
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
RockIce
Happiness MAX
Bold nature
credits

credits

QUOTE originally posted by Cledànio

I thought art team will save pop up sails on Aurorus, making them slightly brighter than they should be to create an "Aurora" effect, something magical and yet fitting whole palette.

QUOTE originally posted by Çelestanê

Definitely, no aurora borealis reference left. They could have been that aurora blue-green turquoise color, you know!
This was exactly why I was so worried about the recolours. The old ones looked so good and like a real aurora. I... actually take a bit more issue with the body colour than the frills, though. The body feels a bit too light and... reddish? Maybe I'm imagining that bit 'cause of the second colour on the frills, which doesn't work with the aurora feel, anyway...~

Ahhh good to know~
Stuff I'm after: An Ice Fang, any Maravol pattern I don't have, some shiny charms, Darecare passes or any currencies.
Signature by CatEnergetic, with help from Wardove. Art by PrincessPika.
MochaFox's AvatarMochaFox
Saw a peek of Melan Aurorus in someone's fields and I definitely like the frill colors better. Its giving me beachy vibes. :o
✦ ✦
69/500+
153/500+
✦ ♥ Jacob Daniel born 7/17/18 ♥ ♥ Zander Leon due 8/1/24 ♥
✧ Template: [✦] | Avatar: [✦] | Background: [✦] | Font: [✦]

Pages: 123··· 718719720721722··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page