PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 719720721722723··· 746747748

impish.sei's Avatarimpish.sei
Oh GOSH I adore that newly updated Aurorus melan

Hatched Shinies

glitter glitter, shine so bright

Hatched Albinos

pastel power!

Hatched Melans

heart attack in a purple sparkle

Hatched Eggs

so many eggs.....
17110 pts .
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
I like the new Tyrantrum pose :) Also I've uploaded the new new albino/melan Aurorus line to the wiki (refresh cache)
Armarouge's AvatarArmarouge
Can't say that the revisit of the new colours for Aurorus really make me think of an aurora borealis still, they make me think of an aquatic creature with thick/sturdy frill/fin more than an icy one with more veil-like/delicate frill, or whatever the correct term is for that body part again. But still an improvement from the first one imo.
  • Babies
  • Shop/ETC
Big Pearl

Big Pearl

Treasure

(: 0)

A lovely large pearl that would sell at a high price.

Sells for 3,750

Lv. 100 — +11,590,219
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Hardy nature
Sun Jewel

Sun Jewel

Forme-Change Item

A little jewel that flickers with a warm glow.

Sells for 325

Lv. 100 — +4,394,403
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FireGhost
Happiness MAX
Lonely nature
Gold Leaf

Gold Leaf

Treasure

A strange, gold-coloured leaf.

Sells for 1,000

Lv. 100 — +8,944,870
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
GrassPsychic
Happiness MAX
Lonely nature
I am a PFQ Starter Collector! Icon by myself.
Joint Shop (Summons/6IVs) Most Wanted Summon TR Points 0
The new Amara/Aurorus frills are at least brighter, but I'm not a fan of the body being more brown =( The blue on the frill is nice, I guess it's the orange that's bugging me? I still miss the kind of rainbow feel of the original melans
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
abingy's Avatarabingy
I love the update to the Amaura melan, the brighter blue and green look a lot better, but the melan Aurorus from yesterday looks so much better than the new one. The pinkish orange edges stand out way too much and just don't look good with the rest of the sprite. I think it would've been better to just brighten the green and maroon like you did on Amaura
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.
I unfortunately do not like the brighter Aurorus melan. I get the idea of the rainbow, but I actually quite liked the initial redesign. It felt more coherent. I also liked the initial albino - the slight green hint in the frill was pretty. The new one feels a little... washed out? The Amaura line was unfortunately always going to be a divisive one, since the original was such a favourite. I don't think it's impossible to keep colours similar to the old one while changing the body colour to a blue that gives off night sky vibes.
Avatar & Cactus Amaura made by me.
Member since 12 May 2017
LilypadLife's AvatarLilypadLife
I’m very glad that the frills are changed, but comparing with the older melans (not the previous revamp), it doesn’t have the same feel :[ Maybe like @Alchemist’s Fire said, the orange and the blue on the frills do look more vivid, but don’t exactly go well together for Amaurus… the blue is good, but the frill’s edge (the orange) might be the thing throwing me off! Just my opinion, thank you art team though for relooking at the sprites
Signature art by TheWildSalem! My avatar was made by Cledanio! ♥︎
TRADE SHOPART SHOPJOINT ART SHOPGYM
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
I'm not sure if I'd have called the old sprites rainbow, but the green-teal-purple of Amaura's eyes and frill did give it a bit of an aurora feel I guess, more so than Aurorus imo. What I dislike the most at the moment is the sharp edge between Aurorus's frill colors. It's a little frustrating, because the current game model and the anime screenshot on Bulbapedia also has that sharp line, but then some other official art has a softer gradient... imo think a softer gradient would be more thematically aligned with an aurora-based Pokemon, but I can see why the sharp line would have been selected. At the very least, a less clashing color than the burnt orange might make that better? Hmm
SparksSystem's AvatarSparksSystem
I actually really love the new Aurorus melan. The blue and orange look really nice.
Plural system. We use "we" to refer to ourselves. They/Them
Score: 0
Type race badge made by LycanKai
impish.sei's Avatarimpish.sei

QUOTE originally posted by Mirzam

I'm not sure if I'd have called the old sprites rainbow, but the green-teal-purple of Amaura's eyes and frill did give it a bit of an aurora feel I guess, more so than Aurorus imo. What I dislike the most at the moment is the sharp edge between Aurorus's frill colors. It's a little frustrating, because the current game model and the anime screenshot on Bulbapedia also has that sharp line, but then some other official art has a softer gradient... imo think a softer gradient would be more thematically aligned with an aurora-based Pokemon, but I can see why the sharp line would have been selected. At the very least, a less clashing color than the burnt orange might make that better? Hmm
I think the problem is...the colours on canon Aurorus ARE very different colours, they're just so pale that they blend more. Since we are looking at the melan, you have to reference the shiny colouration, so the sail is pale yellow and a pale pink-ish lilac grey. So very much both a warm and a cool colour. It's just that when you deepen them, especially with making a gradient in a pixel art at a small scale being more difficult especially when things are stylised, that clashing is more obvious.

Pages: 123··· 719720721722723··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page