PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 630631632633634··· 746747748

Gengirl's AvatarGengirl
Caprikid is so cute!!! ♡
Credit to my bff CorvidsAiden for my avatar!
ValleryP's AvatarValleryP
@sojussimblr~ Congratulations on the Female Melan Snowbee and for making it totem! She's super pretty!
Score: 70

Apocalyptic Growlithe Pic|Avi by Kattling
Gallevoir's AvatarGallevoir

QUOTE originally posted by ValleryP

@sojussimblr~ Congratulations on the Female Melan Snowbee and for making it totem! She's super pretty!
I know!! I love how the black works so seamlessly with the wine red around the skirt-- Aa! She's better than I ever dreamed!
  • Shops
  • Best Melans
  • A Christmas Bee, for Melan Luck
They/them, for simplicity. Beathan sprite; egg sprites from Bulbapedia; avatar; Acacia sprite by me; Bee from Pokefarm Advent
yeah, i agree that the new fakemon line don't really look like pokemon. they aren't bad designs though, they're pretty cute, they just feel more like someone's cool goat OCs rather than actual pokemon. their S/A/M colors are nice, too.
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by mikestarprince

yeah, i agree that the new fakemon line don't really look like pokemon. they aren't bad designs though, they're pretty cute, they just feel more like someone's cool goat OCs rather than actual pokemon. their S/A/M colors are nice, too.
Can you explain this further? How do they "not look like Pokémon?"
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
After squinting at them, I really do think it's the hair. Putting humanlike hair (especially neon/dyed) on top of anthro animals really does just make the "fursona" alert go off on my brain
source: i am a furry artist
. The "alarm" goes off the most with Sagidamas, as it's the most humanoid in terms of the torso (which I know is the point, as it's based off a centaur!) But it just really does look like a furry deer taur. I've put some examples of what I'm talking about in This Post in my mature journal, since they're offsite links with comments enabled, but they're all SFW. It's not to say that there aren't some furry-esque pokemon (coughZOROARKcough) but Sagidamas really just sticks out like a sore thumb to me. After a quick glance-over I couldn't find any examples of pokemon with "hair" that wasn't extremely stylized/unrealistic (Meloetta, Drampa, Rillaboom, and yes even Zoroark) or wasn't a part of the animal it was based on (manes on Rapidash, Pyroar, etc). Regularly styled neon human hair on an anthro creature just, doesn't ring "pokemon" bells for me. (The closest I could find was Primarina? but it is much more Animal Shaped™ than Sagidamas so the pokemon-ness stays intact) But uh, yeah. That's my two cents at least :') Edit: I don't have that many problems with the rest of the line honestly! Caprikid is cute, and Saytaries and Taurminos look just fine to me (although I thought that Saytaries evolved into Taurminos, it just looks like the middle evo to me :''D ) The colors are nice across the board, and I do like the concept! It's just Sagidamas design-wise was a bit of a miss for me. And it's not even a bad design, per se, it's just, not very pokemon-esque to me.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn

QUOTE originally posted by Nightmøn

Ey! Who is the one who let these MLP characters enter the pokemon's world? Personally not a fan, they just feel... weird? Mostly because of the blue flashy hair. I feel like they looks more like MLP oc rather than fakemon. Tho I'll still be interested in seeing what the artwork looks like.
Putting back my post of the previous page to basically says that it's exactly my thought! I'm still not saying they're not well design since it isn't true, but just saying they doesn't looks like they belong in a pokemon game. I have the same feelings with some of the PFQmon tbh. It's about the proportion and color choice compare to the others pokemon. Oh and it's there any lore explaination on why they are male only? Because I can't see why they couldn't be female. Is there a female counterpart that is planned?
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Lucky's AvatarLucky

Oh and it's there any lore explaination on why they are male only? Because I can't see why they couldn't be female. Is there a female counterpart that is planned?
I assume it's because they're based on satyrs which, according to mythology, can only be male.
It/its or he/him. Icon is official art from Cardfight!! Vanguard.
Trade shop DO NOT PM me about trades or send unprompted trades! Post in my shop first!
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe

Oh and it's there any lore explaination on why they are male only? Because I can't see why they couldn't be female. Is there a female counterpart that is planned?
Yep, there's lore here! For the gender: "Fun Fact! This line is male only because the greek minotaur and satyr mythical species are supposed to have only been male. Sagidamas was purposely designed as femme with a false binder marking but it is still male only."
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
Oh I see, that's actually interesting! Tho I'll still have trouble to understand the dual type choice mostly because I feel like Saytaries doesn't really look like a steel type xD

Pages: 123··· 630631632633634··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page