PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 631632633634635··· 746747748

totem leavanny is super cool, but is it just me or does totem leavanny's sprite look darker and less vibrant than regular leavanny?
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
Cledànio's AvatarCledànio
@mikestarprince i think it's all because of more complex and proper shading. Original sprite is lacking of shade (for example look at it's "hood") while totem form more shaded, so it feels a bit darker than the original!

Cledanio | She/They| Adult

0/550 Buying at 40
ART SHOP Adopt Shopcredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @SilverRaven on PFQ Signature Pagedoll @Me
Type Race Score; 1000
Aphelios1595's AvatarAphelios1595

QUOTE originally posted by Cledànio

@mikestarprince i think it's all because of more complex and proper shading. Original sprite is lacking of shade (for example look at it's "hood") while totem form more shaded, so it feels a bit darker than the original!
just to add to this the totem forme, the yellow is like 1 tone darker
Shiny Charm Box/Charm Rental & Dead to Live Charm Swap & / ★/X Pass Rentals at my shop!
KitKatKutie2's AvatarKitKatKutie2

QUOTE originally posted by frøst1595

just to add to this the totem forme, the yellow is like 1 tone darker
Yeah! It could be a combination of multiple things, but I'm pretty sure it's because they're using the Leavanny sprite from the games for its regular form, but the totem form is an original sprite and they wanted to differentiate I'm sure.
kit | 22 | general moderator shopsite rulesjournal
code and sprite by me for my use only. official mystery dungeon dx artwork.
CrazyCrØw's AvatarCrazyCrØw
Maybe they're gonna update its colors? They usually update the special colors after a totem is released
Crow ♥ She/Her ♥ 25
Pokemon/Item shop
x38 x2
credits

credits

Code @Colorful. Background from here. Murkrow Tab Headers are the animated menusprite from the Generation III, IV, and V Pokémon games. Credits Murkrow is Game sprite of #198 Murkrow from Pokémon Crystal. Custom bottom right Murkrow is is by @Dartwind. Avatar created by @AurumArt_ from Twitter. Commissioned by me.

see, you'd think so, but now that i look at it on my phone instead of my computer, it's really not a shading issue. the yellow on the body is a different shade of yellow (darker and warm toned on the totem), and the lighter green for the leaves is also a warmer tone. that sort of jade green on the legs and torso is completely fine tho. i even colorpicked the sprites, it really isn't just shading. i'm not trying to be rude to the artists or the person i'm replying to, this just striked me as odd.

QUOTE originally posted by mikestarprince

see, you'd think so, but now that i look at it on my phone instead of my computer, it's really not a shading issue. the yellow on the body is a different shade of yellow (darker and warm toned on the totem), and the lighter green for the leaves is also a warmer tone. that sort of jade green on the legs and torso is completely fine tho. i even colorpicked the sprites, it really isn't just shading. i'm not trying to be rude to the artists or the person i'm replying to, this just striked me as odd.
I was chatting with Cele yesterday when she was streaming on the Discord server and she says these things are decided years in advance, and totem Leavanny was one of those things decided a few years ago. I'm assuming that because of that, too, the difference in sprites results from it. Spriters improve a lot over time, so even if the Leavanny sprite isn't their original sprite, the totem Leavanny sprite is. I'm assuming they may replace the Leavanny sprite eventually.
Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
The highlight on the yellow is much more noticeable on the totem than it is on the original. The original's highlight just blends into the yellow. IMO the totem looks a lot better colorwise. Edit: oh yeah and the melan's sick as heck
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
Lawless's AvatarLawless
I love the new leavanny totem and the colors for the albino/melan, I'm just curious if anyone knows when the normal versions will get the revamp colors? 'cause all I'm thinking is there's going to be a big Sinnoh/Unova revamp color drop or something but I feel like that would be a lot of work they would be saving to drop all at once. Great totem though, I feel a lot more lucky for getting an Ice albino when I was hunting before 'cause now it looks super nice
Jayden | Ghost | Vivillon Enthusiast
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 96 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +1,908,394
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
x 4 / 200
Collecting for Koko hunt!
x 9 / 1000
Collecting for Articuno hunt!
There's actually a good chance it might drop all at once. That's kinda how they've done a lot of their sprite revamps in the past.

Pages: 123··· 631632633634635··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page