PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
After squinting at them, I really do think it's the hair. Putting humanlike hair (especially neon/dyed) on top of anthro animals really does just make the "fursona" alert go off on my brain
source: i am a furry artist
. The "alarm" goes off the most with Sagidamas, as it's the most humanoid in terms of the torso (which I know is the point, as it's based off a centaur!) But it just really does look like a furry deer taur. I've put some examples of what I'm talking about in This Post in my mature journal, since they're offsite links with comments enabled, but they're all SFW. It's not to say that there aren't some furry-esque pokemon (coughZOROARKcough) but Sagidamas really just sticks out like a sore thumb to me. After a quick glance-over I couldn't find any examples of pokemon with "hair" that wasn't extremely stylized/unrealistic (Meloetta, Drampa, Rillaboom, and yes even Zoroark) or wasn't a part of the animal it was based on (manes on Rapidash, Pyroar, etc). Regularly styled neon human hair on an anthro creature just, doesn't ring "pokemon" bells for me. (The closest I could find was Primarina? but it is much more Animal Shaped™ than Sagidamas so the pokemon-ness stays intact) But uh, yeah. That's my two cents at least :') Edit: I don't have that many problems with the rest of the line honestly! Caprikid is cute, and Saytaries and Taurminos look just fine to me (although I thought that Saytaries evolved into Taurminos, it just looks like the middle evo to me :''D ) The colors are nice across the board, and I do like the concept! It's just Sagidamas design-wise was a bit of a miss for me. And it's not even a bad design, per se, it's just, not very pokemon-esque to me.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp from Dungeon Meshi ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page