PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

General Feedback thread

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 187188189190191··· 206207208

Thunderjaw's AvatarThunderjaw
Often, I leave the responses to others, but I thought I give my opinion as well a little? I'm quite ehm... horrible mixed with good at it right now :) I need to say, I didn't realize at first you still needed to buy them with credits. As I finally manged to get into the top 50, I was very much sure to be done with Impyre's Red Token massacre and focus on the others. Once I found out, a day later, I still needed to buy the eggs with tokens I was, also, quite dissapointed. I didn't know it was changed at all. If this was announced, I must have missed it, but if not, maybe an announcement would have been great? :P Also, I do like the new bars, change is good. But 50 Mil interactions Niet? Well... back to clicking :D
Useful links: Journal: The Thunderclaw Follow me on these too if you'd like to know me! Youtube: CommandoReptilio Twitch: CommandoReptilio Instagram: GeckoCommander
art by Shadowfeathers of Thunderjaws OC Steve, edited by MossDragon for Thunderjaw's use only
polerberr's Avatarpolerberr
What's up with mega stones being one-use and permanent? I feel like mega stones should behave more like forme change items, since in the games you can give and take mega stones as you please. They're not supposed to be permanent evolutions. Feels kinda meh that after getting the stone, not only do you have to pay a credits fee to use it, but afterwards you can't ever change it back.
That change was made because of the number of complaints that we had regarding them not being permanent. If we start hearing the opposite now, then it just goes to show that you can never make people happy and we should just do what we want to (in regards to this) :P
I can understand that choice, haha. Makes me wonder if it would be possible to make it's permanence optional, to appease both sides? When you give the Mega Stone, the Pokemon Mega Evolves with the option to still remove the stone and have it return to normal. Then add a "Make Change Permanent" option in it's menu. Maybe that's where the fee can come in, rather than every time you want to use the stone to mega evolve a Pokemon? Would it be worth it for me to make post on the suggestions board to see if there's any support, or is there a reason why it won't happen period?
To be blunt... That's exactly what it used to be. And people complained about it. Your suggestion sounds completely reasonable, doesn't it? That's what we thought - before we were consistently hounded by people complaining that it wasn't permanent... When... The option was there. Granted it did cost - because it didn't make sense otherwise. GP, only, mind you - and not much. But hey, "Niet only wants money" etc. If I sound a bit salty, it's because I am! XD I'm not gonna lie. The way the Mega-Stones are implemented, they can't be FCI's - this would have made it incompatible with the original design of it being "temporary" or "permanent", it also was done this way to kinda inflate the values of the stones themselves because otherwise, you can just take the stones off and give it to someone else. Doing that would make them far less special and much more... "throwaway". Which, considering what they are... Well. They're not meant to be lacking in value, right?
No that all makes sense, in that case. I find it kind of odd that so many other users wanted it to be only permanent, but it's not too big of an issue now since the stones are easy enough to get thanks to the weekly tournament's prize shop. (And while I'm in the feedback thread I'll add that the weekly tournament is probably my single favorite feature that's been implemented since the recode. For the most part I feel like the easy - hard tiers have been set up pretty realistically. Hard isn't impossible but does require a fair amount of effort, and I like that.)
croChimerical's AvatarcroChimerical
So, in a help thread and a bug thread, Niet has said "The Ditto Egg Voucher replaced the ability to buy it for double the price." (Sorry for the normal copy/paste, I somehow constantly get lost with the quote bbcode) Frankly I find this conflicts with the "play your way" aspect of PFQ Now I may be missing something but let me explain why I feel this way. With the addition of Champion rank, the only ways to get your first Ditto Eggdex is to either find it in the lab (which is really rare) or to rank up to champion to get the ditto voucher. This means if you want a ditto egg you either have to rely on luck, or dex. Being forced to dex to get such an important egg feels like it takes away some of the "play your way" aspect of PFQ. Now yes you can buy a hatched ditto from others, but for quite a few people, they'd much rather hatch their first Ditto themself because it is special. And yes you can buy a voucher from someone. But Vouchers are a limited supply since the only way to get them is from ranking. And as time goes on, less and less users will be willing to sell their voucher since they will need them for themselves. Which is why this feels like it is forcing you to dex if you want a Ditto. I realize hatching a Legendary is similar in limitations, but they are Legendaries, not meant to be easy to get and they don't serve as huge a purpose as Ditto does since Ditto is ESSENTIAL to hunting/breeding Genderless pokemon, and super helpful with single-gendered ones as well. I just feel like, for a lot of users, and especially as time goes on, removing the option to buy your first Ditto Eggdex for credits feels like it is forcing you to Dex whether you want to or not to hatch your own Ditto. (Side note: I know Ditto's breed better when traded to you anyways. But it is easier to swap a Ditto you hatched for another than to save up the money to buy one off of someone, since from what I've seen, most the time people only want ZC for a hatched Ditto.)
I'm going to make several points. • I don't understand where you're getting this "play your way"-thing from. If you're taking it from the rules - you're misinterpreting what is meant. The only way it's meant is that you can't force anyone else to play how you want them to. Nothing more, nothing less. The game itself has a pretty clear goal - there is only one way to do that, really... After all, you can't have someone else hatch eggs for you, right? • Already addressed the "play your way"-thing. The thing with the Champion rank is that it's near the full-completion, right? So if you've managed to get that far with the Dexes but you haven't managed to get a Ditto yet... Well. Here's your consolation prize. Boom - you now have a Ditto. • There are 14 Ditto Egg vouchers in the Market right now that cost less than what the Supplier required (3 million credits). • I'm failing to see the problem with "You need to play the game to be rewarded". Trading is a core part of the game - that's not going to change, and it can be utilised to make things easier. • The credits thing from the Supplier was a temporary thing, regardless. It was pretty much shoe-horned in to provide a way to get a Ditto without having to offer your soul to the Lab in prayer to get one. It was never a permanent solution. • May I ask why you think that Ditto is meant to be easy to get? It's extremely valuable, ridiculously useful... If anything, it should be a rare commodity. If anything... In my opinion, this may be too generous - but balancing requires that you try new things, so there ya go. • If you want to hatch your own Ditto but you don't want to wait until you have 3 million credits and you've not quite been lucky enough to get one from the Lab... Get to Champion rank. It's very simple - and most people will get to that rank without having accumulated 3 million credits anyway... So this is actually a lot easier - statistically... So this is factual - than spending 3 million. Not to mention - you can spend 1.5 million credits in the Market right now. • If I may ask... Why do you think that there won't be any new ways to get hold of these vouchers? It's the only way now, sure... But considering that we literally just demonstrated that things can change... One would think you would ask about this, rather than just assume it. • If people want to ask for ZC... That's on them. Nothing we can do. If you don't agree with that, don't purchase from them. Easy peasy. It's a free market - if we start getting involved and dictating prices, it's no longer a free market. That is a bad thing.
Interestingly, today there was someone who made a suggestion regarding field prices and having them lowered, after all... At 173 out of 250 fields, it starts to get expensive! Just over 1.2 mill! And yet... Here, we literally have someone asking to be able to spend 3 million credits for a Ditto from the Supplier. I have to admit, there is some cruel irony here.
croChimerical's AvatarcroChimerical
I see your points. I suppose the play your way was where I was mistaken. I'd never seen dexing as more or less the goal of the game, probably due to never really needing to/bothering to dex for my first year on here. Reading your post, and thinking of it from a dexing goal viewpoint, I see how this would actually make sense.
MBCMechachu's AvatarMBCMechachu
This might not be that big of a deal but I was kind of wondering if in a future update you could be allowed to see the multiple forms the Flabébé line has on here & check in to see what ones you still need to collect. As somebody who is trying to do so myself I find that a lack of this is rather frustrating.
MBC Power Up! Profile Picture made by myself.

Pages: 123··· 187188189190191··· 206207208

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page