PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

I over-buffed Melanistic Pokémon...

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 3132333435··· 373839

yyr twig's Avataryyr twig
collector.pngd.png

I've hatched 623 applin with no specials. During the previous type races I at least lucked out with enough albinos to feel like I was getting somewhere
that's absolutely horrid. another reason why i think the nerf is... problematic.
PFP made by riptides (on pokefarm)
xazz's Avatarxazz
grandmaster.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by abingy

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I am also wondering, maybe I should raise up Albino chances again, maybe to some middle-ground between where they were and where they currently are, and instead lower the boost granted by Z-Crystals? Not by too much, but at least try to balance things that way...
I've been holding off on speaking so far (mostly because with how slow I write there's like 10 new posts at a time and have to change what I'm writing lol) but I want to respond to this. I think this is a good idea and I was actually considering suggesting this a few days ago. I do think though if this is implemented we should get an extra crystal or two from type race since they'd less effective. Or maybe another way to get them, like possibly being able to buy them with DP? That could also help with demand. I think making it so you could only get a random type would be a good implementation since it would encourage the trading of crystals to get the type you want similar to how TR works. I'm not sure what a good DP price would be though so they aren't too common.
This so much and also just more thing to spend DP on. Lots of special and albinos isn't an issue as much when there is stuff to DO with those specials. Right now we can only trade them in for DP. Well if that's the case make DP more interesting! There's a suggestion thread where literally you buy a color shifted egg with DP. So a charmander is fire and normally orange, when you DP it if you get a water one its blue, or an electric one its yellow. Just as an example. Or let us buy other rare stuff with DP. Z-crystals would be HUGE! I'd toss so many specials into DP if I could buy Z-crystals to help boost albino rates. Like even if they're expensive; ESPECIALLY if they're expensive. Then that's so many shinies out of the pool and DP goes up in value and so do specials. I think a lot of rebalancing shouldn't be on rates personally. It should be on what you can DO with those specials once you have them. Right now deltaing a pokemon is pretty unrewarding. It's way way better than before don't get me wrong and I love the new change. But give us MORE stuff to do with DP than just deltaing and I think rates could even go back to preboost/nerfs and the economy would be kinda okay. Bc now people are just deltaing their specials for Z-crystals or color shifted pokemon, or other items you want to add. I think adding and not removing fun from the game will fix the economy a lot more than 'adjusting rates'. Like okay. Let us have high rates and then let us buy EXPENSIVE stuff for DP with them! Way more exciting than not hatching a single shiny in 200+ eggs.
Çelestanê's Avatarhypermode-12.pngÇelestanê
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by Çelestanê

A bit of personal experience...
I am also wondering, maybe I should raise up Albino chances again, maybe to some middle-ground between where they were and where they currently are, and instead lower the boost granted by Z-Crystals? Not by too much, but at least try to balance things that way...
Yep, I thought about something like this. We should gather all the info, data and suggestions and try to weave them into a perfect Charlotte's web where EVERY single feature on site is re-balanced or at least shaped to be in this (sorry for my excessively ornate metaphors xD) isosceles triangle of hatching--trading--collecting with an equal ratio. Z-crystals, charms, DCP system, limits and modes. It will be hard, no doubt. But not impossible :) I already see some pretty nice suggestions that are needed to be tested~
DragonDance's Avatarhypermode-12.pngDragonDance
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb.png
I used to really enjoy hatching eggs chasing after melans.....that being said after all these updates I'm just exhausted hatching 300+ eggs and only getting 1 albino with 0 shinies just causes a total lack of motivation. I grinded for Arceus and it's hard to see the point with the rates all bonked up. I'm also a hm user and I have Uber going.
summon_zer.png × 47 / 500
collector.pngd.png
To the people talking abt dp: and making Dp a tradeable thing. this would be so 👏 useful
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by sourbean

I've hatched 623 applin with no specials. During the previous type races I at least lucked out with enough albinos to feel like I was getting somewhere
that's absolutely horrid. another reason why i think the nerf is... problematic.
With all due respect, the most recent update proposal is to buff shiny chances by 50% for free players, and a further 25% for those using Shiny Charms. I'm trying to get feedback on that, but I'm struggling to get much with the current debate going on. I understand. Nerfs are hard. Nobody likes them. I certainly don't like doing them. I'm not going around nerfing things for a laugh. I'm trying to help the longevity of the game, which I'm hoping that longer-standing players can understand and appreciate, if only I can get things right. I'm trying to get things right. But I do need feedback on the current course, not how previous adjustments were (in your opinion) a bad idea. I know. I get it. To some extent (but not completely) I agree. I'm trying to steer us in a better direction. Please help me with that so that you can benefit.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
grandmaster.pngss.png

To the people talking abt dp: and making Dp a tradeable thing. this would be so 👏 useful
Definitely would help, since the multi-Pokemon trade update got scrapped over currency limitations. Though bringing that update back would also be really helpful.
summon_kyo.pngBuying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling.summon_kyo.png Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
steeve's Avatarsteeve
master.pnge+.png

With that in mind, I'm proposing a couple of changes. I'd like to make this happen within a couple of weeks, but we'll see how things go with feedback and such. - Übercharm nerf: reduce its bonus from 8x to 6x. - Free user Shiny buff: increase max PokéRadar chain from 38 to 39. - Shiny Charm buff: increase its bonus from 2x to 2.5x The PokéRadar change effectively represents a 50% increase in Shiny odds for non-Hypermode users. It brings their base shiny odds from 1/600 to 1/400. For comparison, Hypermode users get a base shiny chance of 1/200 from the PokéRadar alone.
kudos to you for these changes, niet. thank you for listening and taking our opinions into consideration. increasing f2p players' shiny chances to 1/400 is fantastic and a great way to bridge the pay-to-win gap. it really makes HM and shiny charms feel like a bonus, and less like a prerequisite to have fun. and it gives players more opportunities to actually hatch shinies to trade for currency to, in turn, get premium boosts. as a side note, i hope the ubercharm change will take effect after all currently-activated charms run out. i don't think it would be a good move to change it after the money had already been spent. i certainly would be bummed to see i didn't get my full 28 days of 8x after expecting 8x.

QUOTE originally posted by nyanine

"players feel entitled to shinies" is that not the point of shiny hunting? hatching a lot of eggs and expecting to eventually get lucky? i may have just interpreted the wording wrong but it IS a main feature of the site.. unlike main pokemon games where theres more stuff to do with the pokemon i guess
i do agree with this sentiment. if i'm spending real life money daily to improve shiny chances, then i better be getting shinies. and i only say this because premium features only really affect shiny rates. it's not like you can throw money at PFQ and get free interaction points and egg autohatching--the game is essentially the same, but money just makes getting specials faster. so if i'm paying to get them faster, i do expect to get them faster.
🌟 🌟

vivillon patterns i need

Icy Snow, Monsoon, Poké Ball Elegant, Icy Snow my pattern is Sandstorm, if you'd like to swap!
i collect flying.png δ also check out my trade shop! all art is my own

With all due respect, the most recent update proposal is to buff shiny chances by 50% for free players, and a further 25% for those using Shiny Charms. I'm trying to get feedback on that, but I'm struggling to get much with the current debate going on. I understand. Nerfs are hard. Nobody likes them. I certainly don't like doing them. I'm not going around nerfing things for a laugh. I'm trying to help the longevity of the game, which I'm hoping that longer-standing players can understand and appreciate, if only I can get things right. I'm trying to get things right. But I do need feedback on the current course, not how previous adjustments were (in your opinion) a bad idea. I know. I get it. To some extent (but not completely) I agree. I'm trying to steer us in a better direction. Please help me with that so that you can benefit.
To clarify: I was okay with the thought of nerfing the albinos, I just didn't realize how hard that nerf would be vs what I was used to expecting. My original post also provides a time line, I didn't start the albino radar till type race, but I've also been hatching applin for a long time. After seeing the numbers posted I figured it was a good idea to toss my own into the mix, as numbers for the site as a whole vs the users may help get perspective (unless, as I mentioned before there is a way to check the data for all boosts affecting the rate, such as shinys from hm vs f2p chains vs randoms, or rates of random albinos vs level (x) vs level (x) + coorisponding type z-crystal.) This stuff is hard, and right now there are going to be growing pains as you try to even it out, but right now as far as I can tell data collection is limited due to how the site is coded and without a way to see how all the data interacts its giong to take longer to find that happy medium
Looking for anyone who would be willing to IV breed Petal Maravol.
collector.pngd.png

I'm trying to get things right. But I do need feedback on the current course, not how previous adjustments were (in your opinion) a bad idea. I know. I get it. To some extent (but not completely) I agree. I'm trying to steer us in a better direction. Please help me with that so that you can benefit.
there are many suggestions. i have made some. plentiful suggestions await you here ~ of course, i may have said some harsh things unintentionally. some suggestions i have are: - revert back odds, but make it harder to roll both albino and shiny for uber (others have suggested) -make dp tradeable as well as what UnownVeloria said, this would definately help.

Pages: 123··· 3132333435··· 373839

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page