PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

I over-buffed Melanistic Pokémon...

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 33343536373839

pinklink's Avatarpinklink
grandmaster.pngb.png
This is not a regular pokemon game tho, we're here to hatch special pokemon so yes we do expect shinies to be somewhat "regular." This game is literally about hatching eggs not a story or fighting gym leaders. I'm not as far into my hunt as some people but at 240 eggs hatched I've had 1 shiny. This is with HM, Shiny charm, and level 8 radar. The current rates are ridiculous.
Created by Nunka for me
Check out my first 3 fields for PWYW specials and pairs! PFP commissioned from Rylee, used with permission.
Hope'sUnicorn's AvatarHope'sUnicorn
grandmaster.pngs.png
I am super, SUPER happy the free player shiny chance is going up!!! I'm very, very happy about that. I appreciate you listening to us. Thank you!! I will hold off on any Albino comments because um... I actually DIDN'T know that you needed to charge the albino radar, at least to level 1, to even have a CHANCE of getting one. So my anger is my own stupidity, in retrospect. 😂 I would like to say that, for shiny chance and game playability (staying), a big part of what I'm doing right now, is collecting enough resources to start a year long melan Banette hunt. I'll be using 1yr hypermode, 14 ubercharms every month, and shiny charms daily. I also have the 36,500,000 IP required to charge the radar daily, (yes, I know hyper mode cuts that number down but I'm really bad at math so...) Rambling. Lol. I give extra (self hatched) shinies and albinos i don't need for my living dex, away as prizes at the end of the type race as an incentive to partake in the forum thread and hatch eggs for the tourney. Out of 3 recent races, I hatched 5 shinies, 1 albino and 0 melans. I have recently been using shiny charms and it still feels unlucky for me. The first day i fully charged my radar, I got a random albino spoink (was hunting ralts at the time). I've charged it 2 other times, fully, and gotten 0. I'm hoping, with the coming changes, I'll be able to hunt my living dex needs myself instead of relying on others to sell them to me.
551/3,000 summon_xay.png
Çelestanê's Avatarhypermode-12.pngÇelestanê
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngb.png
So, to sum it all up, what can we do now - because the main problem right this second is not the broken balance itself but longevity it takes to fix it. People are bored, people are leaving and complaining, which doesn't help the mental health of site staff either? Cynda was way too... harsh to my liking in her post, but she has a point: right now we should reverse everything like it was before. For people to stop losing patience - from both sides. Step two: gather all the suggestions and data, analyze it with team's help, extract the best ones and try to combine them, THEORETICALLY for now. Count up all the possible affected systems and how to rebalance them Step three: put up several polls and questionnaires in time, suggesting changes and THOROUGHLY explaining what will change and why, with simple language. Step four: do a test-run, several test-runs actually. Your choice, will it be a test team specifically to gather data or the whole community. In case of community you also need to somehow compensate people for testing rates and ratios, when they test specifically expensive mechanics? if that's possible, surely, I'm not a great strategist P.S. Niet, you mentioned the code itself is a mess, with this you can fix it slowly wihout any rush, while people will help you analyze everything? Then I'd start with implementing things long-awaited like problems of free to play non-hm players, while the new system for paying ones can be slightly pushed away. And so on. Just systematically poll and question and ask... and repeat
Maddy360's AvatarMaddy360
grandmaster.pngd.png
In regards to the newest proposed change I think these will definitely help the shiny rates and make them feel more common, especially for free to play players(and I say this as one who usually only gets albinoes once and a while). I was actually thinking about a buff to shiny charms and I think its pretty cool that this is also planned. As for finding a middle ground between the old and current albino rates this seems to be the best course of action. We obviously can't have them as they were, but we still want them to show up more often than once in a blue moon. We as a player base(collectively as there are outliers) have gotten used to tons of specials, so while this change will be nice, there will still be suggestions to return to the old rates. Speaking for myself I understand rates will not go back to how they were, and I will just have to get used to the new rates, whatever they end up settling at. Because this has been an issue for years, it will also take a long time to reach a new equilibrium. Changes made now have short term impacts, and sometimes those can be immediately obvious(like over buffing melans) but for some of these other rates it will be can hard to tell what will happen in regards to other aspects of the site like the market. Its a hard change, and one thats actively being worked on, but I think that once some time passes there will be a better gauge on how the community is still feeling. And let me say that I liked the old rates too, and even though I was never a S/A hunter I can see how frustrating it must be now. I also understand that this old rate will most likely not be returning no matter how much we want them to. The question we should be asking now is how to find a nice middle ground that might still be midly upsetting(because its impossible to please the entire player base), but understandable.
doctormorbid's Avatardoctormorbid
grandmaster.pngd+.png
thank you for thinking this through more! i've never hunted or hatched a melan so i can say nothing on this part, but i dont mind albinos being nerfed. and im very glad the pokeradar may be increased to 39 for free to play! my past hunt ive given up because i hatched what felt like an ungodly amount of eggs (around 650 eggs but i felt like since the shiny base chance in pokemon games is usually 1/4096 and my chain was 38 on the radar i should have gotten SOMETHING by then.. and i wanted to hatch two.. potentially more bc i wanted beautifly AND silcoon) and in that time at only a lazy charge 4 on the albino radar i hatched 3 albinos.. aka i think shiny rates should be higher and albino rates lower (which is being implimented. cool!) i remember way back when, before shiny rates were halved and albinos doubled, i was happier and able to hatch shinies if i put in the effort, but afterwards as a free to play, it felt useless and exhausting. cant wait for the 39 chain ;v; i of course dont expect shinies every 50-100 eggs or anything like that, im happy to work for them, but when you have a tool that is meant to raise rates exponentially and you spend weeks only to get nothing it feels quite... disheartening when hypermode players are getting shinies every 25-100 eggs (ive seen so many averages from people)
『 icon from mindhack 』
crescent's Avatarcrescent
grandmaster.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by Çelestanê

Cynda was way too... harsh to my liking in her post, but she has a point: right now we should reverse everything like it was before. For people to stop losing patience - from both sides. Step two: gather all the suggestions and data, analyze it with team's help, extract the best ones and try to combine them, THEORETICALLY for now. Step three: put up several polls and questionnaires in time, suggesting changes and THOROUGHLY explaining what will change and why, with simple language. Step four: do a test-run, several test-runs actually. Your choice, will it be a test team specifically to gather data or the whole community. In case of community you also need to somehow compensate people for testing rates and ratios, when they test specifically expensive mechanics? if that's possible, surely, I'm not a great strategist
this was needed, thank you. i agree,, it would be easier and better for the staffs mental health without these discussions for now, giving it time and thought.
Neutrophil's AvatarNeutrophil
master.pngd.png
Over buffed??? I've had my chain for years on max boosts and still can't get a melan. Please don't make them more rare again. At least wait until I get my first one DX
Avatar is official from the anime Cells at Work
Rory's AvatarRory
grandmaster.pngss.png
I still fail to see where the over-buff that gives the title was but anyway. I'm happy if non-HM users' chances get buffed. I can only give my personal experience and two cents, but anyway. I don't have much time to play here anymore so buying HM or Ubercharm just isn't worth for me, but I started a long term Melan hunt anyway. Right now my hunt is 3/6/0/2185. One shiny every 738 eggs, doesn't seem that high of a chance to me. True also that I charged my Albino Radar to max more often than the times I used a shiny charm (did it only during the MCW, when there's a Niet day). The point is, I don't feel like any kind of nerf is needed. People with a lot of time would still hatch plenty of them, because they have time to do so, so they sell them and have money to buy more powerups, and hatch more and that's the circle. Meanwhile the only ones that feels like they have been impacted by nerfs are players who can play less and rely mostly on their luck (which in my case is never much) to get some specials for themselves, since as many already pointed out, many like to hatch their special themselves without relying on the market.

title

Personally I quite dislike games with a heavy market-like interaction with other players, becuase no matter how much one tries to make the game balanced, it will ALWAYS end up that those with much more time to play and much more money to invest will have more and more while those who can't afford to do so will never be competitive enough because that's how capitalism work. And in a game it's even worse since you can't go and just "tax the rich", because of how the game's structured (this one but it works like that on every game wth an existing marked between users, like Animal Crossing) nerfing the rates/drops/whatever to limit the "power" of the biggest users will inevitably also nerf the smaller users. If the problem is the oversaturated shiny market due to people Melan hunting, I don't think the best solutionis to change the rates, but to give those shiny a purpose other than becoming DP (also boosting DP I guess, I think someone suggested more things to buy with them aside from Delta'ing eggs?) But these are just my two cents, from a user who's attached to this gae but doesn't really feel like playing. EDIT: One big problem, at least for me, it that everyone always talk about having Arceus is a good boost even for non HM users but that thing is so damn hard to mantain, especially if one can't play that much often. Mostly due to Tournaments. I assume that someone who doesn't play often doesn't reach the top 100, so no free egg. Without trading, it takes at LEAST five weeks out of the twelve to get the two new eggs to reach Arceus again. In case of not being able to reach the 5 weekly tokens, it takes more time, so it's less Arceus time before the next batch drops. Then there are the Egg Passes. They go around 200k in the Market, so it's 400k every three months just to keep Arceus going, more if one wants to buy Tokens to get Arceus faster, usually the price settles to 100kCr/100GP each. Just keeping Arceus is EXPENSIVE. Just to say. And this doesn't really make me want to play more, the opposite. Couldn't we have that the first Tournament egg bought (the one with Tokens then) doesn't break the chain?
img official by Honkai Impact 3rd
Hucklberri's AvatarHucklberri
grandmaster.pngc.png
What're thoughts on the idea of having a boost/counter where people can donate their albinos are shinies to it in exchange for a site-wide prize. To elaborate: -Any one person who donates doesn't get a prize, so people aren't encouraged to trade in albinos or shinies they can't or don't want to spare. BUT -Once filled there could be some sort of reward, probably not boosted albinos because.. pointless? heh. But maybe this could be a weekly event and once the quota of donated (and therefore removed from market) specials is reached everyone on the site for the next week or so gets something like maybe some sweet hearts, or a flower from the accessory shop. Or something new, and for holidays it can be changed to something more useful. There's kinda limitless ways to take this but I think it'd be a good win-win perhaps? Pros: -It's one more event for the people currently underwhelmed with the current selection -Should only reduce market prices while leaving hatch rates alone. Will hopefully prevent people who collect these pokemon without selling to be not negatively affected -The prize can be something small and not too impactful on the market. -It seems the main hangup currently is the ones currently in circulation. Cons: -Probably not as incentivizing as one would hope. -Not easy to code a new mechanic. -Requires teamwork and if it's absent might cause turmoil?? -More balance issues I might not have foreseen. Also of course liking the idea of increasing the f2p options.
First exclusive melan~ Wolf avatar is drawn by me.
Score: 2770
Badge Code by LycanKai
yyr twig's Avataryyr twig
collector.pngd.png
Great idea forumfairy! support 100 percent <3
PFP made by riptides (on pokefarm)

Pages: 123··· 33343536373839

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page