PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

I over-buffed Melanistic Pokémon...

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 3233343536373839

UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
grandmaster.pngss.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I'm trying to get things right. But I do need feedback on the current course, not how previous adjustments were (in your opinion) a bad idea. I know. I get it. To some extent (but not completely) I agree. I'm trying to steer us in a better direction. Please help me with that so that you can benefit.
If it's hard to get the feedback you want in this thread, then maybe tossing up something like a questionaire or a Google Form would be helpful in streamlining the feedback rather than digging through hundreds of possibly slightly unrelated posts? As an additional source of feedback, instead of just replacing.
summon_kyo.pngBuying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling.summon_kyo.png Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
KiraVolkova's AvatarKiraVolkova
ultra.pnge.png

QUOTE originally posted by Corviknight

if you haven't polled the userbase yourself, then it's like projecting your own opinion on everyone else.
Well I edited my post slightly so it's me referring to the folks in this specific thread discussion but I mean you're kind of highlighting the actual point I was trying to make... My statement's was reminding Niet to be mindful making decisions for a business that runs on a community of people because not everyone feels that way about shinies or special Pokémon in general.
Please stay safe, someone out there loves you! Call me Foxglove or Fox for short. They/Them Pronouns all art is my own or offical Pokemon sprites edited by me
crescent's Avatarcrescent
grandmaster.pngb.png

-snip- I'm trying to get things right. But I do need feedback on the current course, not how previous adjustments were (in your opinion) a bad idea. I know. I get it. To some extent (but not completely) I agree. I'm trying to steer us in a better direction. Please help me with that so that you can benefit.
yes, i think it would be good to try a small buff out. if we find a balance it’ll make the game more enjoyable. but also reverting to old odds with a smaller nerf + making it harder to roll melans specifically is something many have suggested,, so i feel like that’s something to think about.
SoftScara's AvatarSoftScara
grandmaster.pnge+.png
Okay, i want to try putting my opinion on this update into words. but please bear with me as i am horrible at this (and spelling) Right, in 2020 i started a mimikyu hunt. I had champion, used albino radar,hypermode and used uber + shiny charm for most of it. over a year later, i hatched the melan i wanted. 23/11/2020 - 27/02/2022 hatched: 4593 shiny: 67 albino: 62 melan: 1 the only reason i didn't give up with this exhausting hunt is because i loved getting a couple shinys/albinos most days. im not sure everyone could agree with this, it might just be because im autistic. but the excitment of getting my 1st shiny and my 67th shiny was the same. Theres not a single thing i regret about this hunt, wether its spending over a year on it,having my fingers hurt every day, using my parents money and my pocketmoney (with their permission, i turned 16 in january). I dont regret anything because i worked so hard and got rewarded for it. A few days ago i started an eevee hunt(with arceus, uber,shiny charm,hypermode,albino radar). its boring. i have over 200 hatched and only 1 shiny and not a single albino. I feel like im not getting rewarded at all. the only reason i kept going with the mimikyu hunt was because of the shiny and albinos. now im not really sure if its worth it. not to mention the guilt i feel for spending my mums money on something that could be almost worthless. after my mimikyu hunt, i worked so hard to get arceus rank JUST to make my melan hunting easier. now it seems like it'll be the same as before, if not harder. And as a couple people have mentioned, i want my OWN shiny/albino living dex (all hunted by me) its not rewarding just buying them. its the effort put into it. but i dont see it as worth it if its going to take weeks for one shiny/albino. Yeah, this wasnt helpful but i dont really do well with statistics. I saw other people sharing their expeirence with the new update and enjoyed seeing something i could relate to, so figured i would do the same thing. even as someone who is insanely p2w, this is discouraging. I know people are talking about stats and stuff now, but i started writing this up yesterday and saved it in notes. so sorry if this is annoying TLDR; i would like it if things went back to the way they were
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
grandmaster.pnga.png

Long

QUOTE originally posted by sourbean

I've hatched 623 applin with no specials. During the previous type races I at least lucked out with enough albinos to feel like I was getting somewhere
that's absolutely horrid. another reason why i think the nerf is... problematic.
With all due respect, the most recent update proposal is to buff shiny chances by 50% for free players, and a further 25% for those using Shiny Charms. I'm trying to get feedback on that, but I'm struggling to get much with the current debate going on. I understand. Nerfs are hard. Nobody likes them. I certainly don't like doing them. I'm not going around nerfing things for a laugh. I'm trying to help the longevity of the game, which I'm hoping that longer-standing players can understand and appreciate, if only I can get things right. I'm trying to get things right. But I do need feedback on the current course, not how previous adjustments were (in your opinion) a bad idea. I know. I get it. To some extent (but not completely) I agree. I'm trying to steer us in a better direction. Please help me with that so that you can benefit.
You're asking for help/input but you're ignoring the feedback. You've made the changes too drastic, you did them out of the blue, you're still insistent that you've done the proper thing when there's no feedback supporting that, and honestly I can't even see how your Numbers support it either. It doesn't feel right to me how few specials are being hatched suddenly compared to how many eggs are being hatched, and the amount of people expressing their newfound disinterest in hunting is being completely overlooked by you. Yes, nerfs are hard. Especially when people don't feel they were necessary. If you did this 2+ years ago it would've been more reasonable, the site wouldn't have been completely flooded with specials from everyone hunting everything everyday. But, here we are. This is essentially salt in the wound. It's not actually doing anything to help, it's hindering people more than anything from the looks of things. The solution should NOT be to buy it from someone else, or power through your crappy hunt so it feels more "worthwhile" or "special" when you hatch what you want. That is exhausting and not fun. Can you consider just undoing this in it's entirety and reverting everything back to the way it was? I can appreciate that you're still trying to find a proper solution but the problem will always exist because of the setup the game has. These current band-aids aren't helping as much as you might believe, they're just making it unpleasant to continue. There's plenty of feedback in agreement people are unhappy with these changes, they're just being neglected.
crescent's Avatarcrescent
grandmaster.pngb.png

QUOTE originally posted by EdgyYohane

the only reason i didn't give up with this exhausting hunt is because i loved getting a couple shinys/albinos most days. im not sure everyone could agree with this, it might just be because im autistic. but the excitment of getting my 1st shiny and my 67th shiny was the same. Theres not a single thing i regret about this hunt, wether its spending over a year on it,having my fingers hurt every day, using my parents money and my pocketmoney (with their permission, i turned 16 in january). I dont regret anything because i worked so hard and got rewarded for it.
^ this. shinies and albinos feel like rewards for hunting a melan for so long. that’s the fun in them. <3 for me at least. @niet this thread is receiving so much feedback, so many shared ideas, and yet little agreement from you…this isn’t to bash anyone. it’s to help improve the game. the old ways were just so much more fun :(
gfhdjskal's Avatargfhdjskal
ultra.png
In case anyone didn't read both my previous posts here at the same time, I actually presented 2 different options, not really my opinions in either one. They are, in fact, POTENTIAL solutions, and I will try to make more. What we all share here are either good things or bad things, even the facts amount to one or the other. Reading both my previous posts shows that they are actually conflicting solutions with each other, which means that I tried to think about it from 2 different prespectives. As for my personal opinion, I think that depending on what scenario you've been in that has a relation to this problem, you will think about it differently, so those that try to look at the truth have less slandering opinions (less harsh), but those with experiences due to this problem will have more outspoken opinions, whether it is good or bad. I, personally have never hatched anything out of the ordinary, so I'm currently not impacted really right now. If in the future I've completed a lot more and done a lot of hunts, I can make a better opinion, but right now, all I have to say is that everyone, regardless of your previous statements here, needs to catagorize each of your complaints, so we all know how to answer it and so the staff can figure out the best way to go about this. Here is a good breakdown of what your statement should look like, or at least be able to answer all four questions: Which part of the problem are you addressing?: (Melan rates, Albino rates, Shiny rates, Paying users v.s FTP users, DP, experiences, other reviews, etc) Is this positive or negative? (Good or bad?): (Good, Bad, Positive, Negative, Neutral) Is it a complaint or a solution?: (Complaint, Solution) Describe it: (Write a detailed version of it here) Example and also my personal opinion: As far as I can see, people want tradable DP to be a thing, I agree to that, because I don't see any harm in doing so, it could be like a Box-Box sort of thing with the Treasure Boxes, or it could be like the Daycare Passes, or even trading the points itself.
I collect: LITERALLY ANYTHING! Check my bio for more information Please help in taking a part in raising my starter:
Niero's AvatarNiero
master.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by UnownVelouria

If it's hard to get the feedback you want in this thread, then maybe tossing up something like a questionaire or a Google Form would be helpful in streamlining the feedback rather than digging through hundreds of possibly slightly unrelated posts? As an additional source of feedback, instead of just replacing.
I agree 100%. It would be beneficial to just do a poll, or a questionnaire, or something like that. It would be a simple way to get everyone's thoughts in one place. Actually I'm surprised there wasn't a poll put up before or after the changes to S/A rates were added.
r.png3.pngNiero | he/him | purveyor of edgy boysu.pngl.png Profile pic is from Pokemon Crystal.
(I am recovering from a cold and perhaps not having the best word retrieval at the moment, so please bear with me...) I wanted to mention the concept of melan pokemon being too common being related to how users price them to sell for zc. This correlation (if I am understanding everything correctly) bothers me for a few reasons. - The majority of things we can purchase on this site are related to hatching eggs more quickly/hunting/having better odds at hunting. If people are choosing instead to purchase pokemon for their collection with ZC, what would be the cost of the special pokemon in an ideal market? - We've determined that it is easier to hunt with boosts, so looking at the cost of everything: 600 ZC for 1 month of HM 250 ZC for 1 month of Ubercharm 200 ZC for 1 shiny charm + the GP required to recharge. = 1050 for 1 month of hunting, during which a melan may or may not happen. I defintely don't feel like I'm making sense, but basically I am just trying to figure out what people would prefer -- to hatch their own melan pokemon which means more melans which means they may sell for less on the market, or to have them be rarer, but then be able to turn around and sell them for a decent (and I don't like to use that word, because it is subjective) price? Is it even worth it to sell extra melans for ZC? Like will you ever get the ZC out of them that you put in to hatch them? I would personally prefer the former because hatching my own specials feels more rewarding to me as a player than buying them, and also means I am more likely to invest in the various boosts available for ZC. I was contemplating several legendary hunts that now don't seem worth it to me because I don't want to spends thousands of ZC on hunts that may not produce anything. On the topic of legendary hunts, I was also wondering if it would be worth it to discuss instead of or in addition to long chain bonuses, basing a very minimal melan boost on EHP. That would give me more incentive to buy bulk summon items to then hunt legends. Just a thought though. c: This is a complicated tangle and I appreciate all the work being put in by the staff and all of the users who are voicing their opinions. :)
Lawless's AvatarLawless
grandmaster.pngc+.png

Yes, PFQ is a game where it is hard to get the things you want. But you have thousands of other players around you, many of them can and will help you and you can help them too. Please remember that.
I'm late to see stuff but I just want to say as someone trying to collect every Melan vivillon pattern, no one is hunting like 3 of them because the pattern is rare or they just don't want to, especially with the new changes they hardly benefit from doing it other than the 1 melan they hatch to sell/trade. Personally I like to just do things myself on this site even if I could trade for it because I like my clean history and it feels way more rewarding to work for it myself. You use the argument that you caught a lot of bidoof and the game just handed you a shiny, you worked for it by catching things before hand? It's like saying because you hatch 100s of eggs the game just handed you a shiny even though you're technically working for it. It feels FAR less rewarding to trade for a shiny. I think the original base rates were fine, shinies and albinos were common and melans were rare. That's how you set it up and now you want to change it to make hunts not even feel like they're worth doing half of the time. I've had great luck, hatched so many early melans with max boosts but I'm also struggling to hatch that many melans with my 40k+ nincada chain with max boosts. RNG is a huge factor in this game.
Jayden | Ghost | Vivillon Enthusiast
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(item.png: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 96 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(item.png: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +1,911,203
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
summon_tko.png x 4 / 200
Collecting for Koko hunt!
summon_gar.png x 9 / 1000
Collecting for Articuno hunt!

Pages: 123··· 3233343536373839

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page