PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

I over-buffed Melanistic Pokémon...

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 36373839

Rory's AvatarRory

QUOTE originally posted by QuirkyRabbit

Option 1: S/A are a rarity Shiny and albino chances are low enough that you might get one special sparkle a day even with full boosts. S/A prices are consistently high because each one has to pay for roughly one day of charms and HM (more if buyers are hard to find). Bartering becomes more common as it's less feasible for people to hunt things for themselves. Hardly anyone DPs anything because it's simply not financially worth it, and deltas are correspondingly more expensive. Option 2: S/A are a commodity Full boosts net you around 3-4 specials per day. S/A are dirt cheap and easy to sell in bulk to high buyers, who generously feed them all to Sally for DP. The reward gained from DP is proportional to the investment, so there's good incentive to use it, both for newer players and veterans with large hoards, so those large hoards get liquidated. S/A becomes a stepping stone and DP (be it deltas, or whatever other system supplements it) becomes the new endgame.
This. Personally, I don't like at all option 1, and here's why. I'm no economist, but what I imagine from there is that prices will inevitably increase, the rarer the specials the higher the price. This will also bring DP and Deltas to increase in price, since the only viable source for DP is conversion (anonymous clicks are not a reliable source, more like a little bonus. It would've been back in the days of forums where people begged for click in signatures, but those days are long gone). So everything that can be collected here gets more expensive, so even if someone only wants to play for Deltan Pokémon (like me) and doesn't really care if the market is oversaturated, has to suffer the raise in price of pretty much everything, because then every boost will increase in price since the only way to get a kinda nice income would be to use ALL boost EVERY DAY. This will only discourage those who can't afford to play for hours every day. In the games, for instance the latest that came out, Legends Arceus

Potential Arceus spoiler

You can't compare the shiny odds of that game, which are already nice per se, to those of a game that's 1) fundamentally different in structure (not in a negative way, it's a fact) and 2) is in perpetual motion so one can't just complete the Dex and go hunting, because every three months there are two new eggs plus all the byproducts of MCWs and such.
Making everything rare I think will only keep players away in the long run. Those who play a bit everyday would not be motivateed to do so since the rewards to do it would be nonexistant. And little by little, even "big players" will have no one to buy their earned specials. No, I think the option 2 is the more viable one, just like many said, adding more stuff to do with DP or in general with the surplus of shiny and albinos. I liked Hucklberri's idea of a "global" donation bar. What about you can either donate the special for DP OR donate it to the global bar (value to be calculated), and when it's full it could be like a second MCW, opening more bonuses at once? Of course, just like the other bonuses' bars, the number shall be adjusted so it doesn't come too often, but not so rarely that makes donating not worth it in favor of just getting DP. By the way, making DP an official currency doesn't seem so bad (making it tradable then). Because the problem in the end were not the special odds, were they? It's the saturation of special's marker, isn't it? So, adding more stuff to do with that surplus seems the more reasonable thing to do. I know Niet, who's really great, will find something cool to fix this mess <3
img official by Honkai Impact 3rd
JadeJester22's AvatarJadeJester22
Problem is I don't want specials to be ultra common and jusr grinded out to feed to the Holon capacitator. I want them to be special, but not rare. My Febuary SHINY hunts (Slugma, Sobble, weedle) took only a few days to reap rewards- Slugma 1 took 156 eggs, Slugma 2 took 193 eggs. Sobble took less than 60. Weedle took 153. All of these were hunted with a 38-chain and sparse useage of the shiny charm on good ol'gp saving Persephone's days. My Eevee hunt? Twice as long as the other hunts (Sitting in the 320+ chain) and ONE early shiny. Using level 5/6 radar near daily. This is just ridiculus for free 2 players. I only got the charm from a leaving sale, so I really can't find anyone selling HM/more charms. I know there should be effort. But just by looking at the hunt stats, it's pretty clear a big change was made to the rate.
Buying Tanzakus for 15 ZC
× 26 / 300
Sir Dessert,my little buddy :) Profile Picture is from PFQ Advent 2021
lunacria's Avatarlunacria
the problem is: as a whole, the players on this site were hatching too many shinies and albinos, to the point where, as niet said, they are currently worth "peanuts". however, when the rates are decreased, players individually are becoming frustrated because they are not hatching many specials. they feel like they are wasting their time and money. i think it's really important to keep in mind that people are spending hours every day to hatch eggs hoping for specials. like, let's take the no-bonus day on 3/13, where people hatched 72,852 eggs (219 shinies, 174 albinos, 9 melans). that's 12,142 full parties. let's say it takes five minutes to hatch a full party of eggs (this is a ridiculously low estimate) - that's 60710 minutes or just over 1000 hours. i think the delta changes are on the right track for sure. imo, it's not the amount of shinies and albinos that's the problem, it's the fact that there's nothing to do with them except put them up for sale for dirt cheap. either that, or trade them in for delta points, which get you delta pokemon, which are worth... even less. so i think making it easier to trade DP, plus giving you more things you can do/buy with DP, is the perfect solution to this. i'm excited to see how it works out :)
Miraidøn's AvatarMiraidøn
I dunno if anyone’s suggested this but what about being able to buy the Delta Type for more DP? Say like 5x the DP and if it you were trying buy the same type as what you were hatching (aka a double type) make it even more DP like let’s say 10-20x more as I believe that would stop a large flow of specials from flooding the market. As some people solely collect one Delta Type or only double types and that would incentivize them to turn their specials to DP instead of putting them UFT.
percy
or whiims
/ 26
jan 17th
/ they/them naughty collector / ingo enthusiast
i usually don't make trade threads for selling my specials till i get about 20 or so saved up but don't be afraid to shoot me a pm if you see anything in my uft field you want!
credit
Background from Pokemon Anime Icon by Me F2U code by Gumshoe
Prometheus's AvatarPrometheus

QUOTE originally posted by Spritzee

I dunno if anyone’s suggested this but what about being able to buy the Delta Type for more DP? Say like 5x the DP and if it you were trying buy the same type as what you were hatching (aka a double type) make it even more DP like let’s say 10-20x more as I believe that would stop a large flow of specials from flooding the market. As some people solely collect one Delta Type or only double types and that would incentivize them to turn their specials to DP instead of putting them UFT.
Niet himself has already suggested this in the first post:

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

The main idea I have at the moment is to allow an option to choose a specific Type for your Delta. The base price would be around 10x the standard "random" Delta price, however there would be significant discounts for Types that would already have increased odds in the first place. To give an example, the V~Wave gives a 20% chance of getting that particular Delta Type, so it would cost maybe 4x the standard price. This means it will still be cheaper than just going for the random option and hoping for the best (on average it would take 5 Deltas to get the V~Wave type). Similarly, if the parents are of different species then there is a 40% chance of inheriting a type from the parent whose species is different from the Egg. So breeding a Shinx and a Buizel would tend to yield Delta-Electric Buizel and Delta-Water Shinx. The corresponding types would be priced around 2x the standard price, since on average it would take 2.5 Deltas to get the corresponding type. If multiple types qualify, the price would be higher.
Avatar - Garchomp from Pokemon Conquest
berrypass's Avatarberrypass
Well I will say I don't have a problem with this because I'm obsessed with them, it does seem that albinos are far more common than shinies. I haven't truly shiny-hunted but I hear many people say they haven't gotten a single shiny in a long hunt. I have hatched two albinos myself out of sheer luck but not a single shiny.
...and that's a wrap.
Miky's AvatarMiky
Yes hello, I'm a bit late to the party but here's my comment. I'm a hardcore shiny hunter in the main games! I started actively hunting around a year after X and Y came out, when I was finally able to get my hands on a 3DS (2014). Not to flex or anything but since then I managed to obtain 460+ unique shinies + duplicates. And now compare this to the 2 shinies Niet got..... And this is why individual experience matters quite a lot! You like hunting in old generations when the odds are 1/8k? Understandable have a nice day. But I prefer using all the mechanics the new games have to offer. All this rambling is tied to hatching specials on PFQ as well. As some users have already pointed out, a melan is more or less the equivalent of a shiny in the main series. The shinies are more and more common nowdays becuase there's a ton of new pokemon. If you're a collector, it's hard to catch up with all the new regions. I personally, and I'm sure there are more users who think the same, want to use all the boosts possible to make my hunts easier and get more specials.
On a completely different note, I've been trying to find solid proof of how much of a nerf the Albinos got. And I finally found something. August 27th 2020 That day was a rollercoaster of emotions. I got a random Melan, but along with it, came a bunch of random albinos as well. The multipliers we had that day was Niet x2 and Sei. I was hatching random lab eggs. By the end of the day I hatched around 800 eggs. And I got a total of 16 Albinos. That's 1 Albino every 50 eggs. *** Please note that we had Sei that day and I'm not sure if this affects albinos in any way or not *** My present hunt gave me 4 Albinos in 1250 Eggs. It's depressing.
Garthic's comment about reverting back being a valid option is the last string of hope left. We are so used to seeing those pretty sparkles that now it's just depressing not seeing them anymore. Yes, the shinies and albinos in this game may be dirt cheap, but with the new proposal for boosted DP they will possibly gain more value. After all, there are some Delta Shinies and Albinos on this site that are worth more than a Melan! With such low S/A odds now, I lost all hope of hatching Delta Specials. The shiny charm giving a 2.5 bonus is cool and all, but it's still not the same :( Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. 🥔
yyr twig's Avataryyr twig
@miky that was a very well presented point. i think reverting back odds, having more things to use interaction points and delta points for, and keeping the uber as it is are just fine. although other's opinions do vary.
PFP made by riptides (on pokefarm)
hayday6's Avatarhayday6
@niet look I just wanted to say something here about your point opinion on getting a shiny bidoof in legends arceus and it not feeling special or earned that's just your opinion the amazing thing about shiny pokemon is every shiny pokemon regardless of the rates odds or method they are obtained in can be special to the user or sentimental....I myself gave only ever hatched I belive 4 shiny pokemon on here in years maybe I'm just unlucky as I'm always using boosts but it's not your rightto tell other people how to feel about shiny pokemon they get it might be just your opinion but that's how it felt and as to shiny pokemon being handed out that part is true because of the multiple shiNY giveaways the official pokemon company has done and the way your own rates/boost have been implemented the point here Is don't say the users feel entitled to specials(now some might feel that way but it's not really indicative as us of a group maybe say instead shiny pokemon are common
GhostWithLegs's AvatarGhostWithLegs
If albino rates end up getting nerfed, would it be possible to add an increased chance to hatch one added on to Sei's buff? I personally dont think the albinos need the nerf but I respect yours and the other staff members' opinions/decision. Would it be possible to just nerf the chance of the two stacking, therefor reducing the chance of melanistic pokemon that way?

Pages: 123··· 36373839

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page