PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

I over-buffed Melanistic Pokémon...

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 12345··· 373839

Agent3's AvatarAgent3
I do feel like fixing the market/economy is gonna be HARD given the oversaturation is such a long-standing problem, but I do agree with the melan debuff/nerf. Melans haven't been selling even for under their "minimum" value (DP price) which is a hard shift after maybe a month (?) of this update. So support for the nerf to Uber-boosted chances, though I'm not /entirely/ sure how I feel about the alterations to the long chain bonus. I also really like the idea of turning in normal deltas for reduced DP for recycling, it'd kinda be a lifesaver :]
seth | 22 | he/him medical lab science student journal icon + sig of my character, by me.
JadeJester22's AvatarJadeJester22
Ironic, as I've been seeing their value go UP, not down. But I thinks it's just my brain telling me I'm too poor for a melan.
Buying Tanzakus for 15 ZC
× 26 / 300
Sir Dessert,my little buddy :) Profile Picture is from PFQ Advent 2021
Niero's AvatarNiero
Honestly yeah, melans are a little too common right now, which defeats the purpose of them being super rare. I think that shiny and melan rates need to be adjusted as a whole. I don't have any particular suggestions, but I'm open to the idea of "nerfing" melans. I'm not invested in deltas so I can't really comment on the proposed changes to DP. But, I think it would be neat if players could increase the odds of getting the delta type they want. Again, can't really comment but it's an interesting idea.
Niero | he/him | purveyor of edgy boys Profile pic is from Pokemon Crystal.
Lakaishia's AvatarLakaishia
I was actually talking to my friends at the start 4x should have been the change and not 8x lol But I think the ubercharm should be reverted back to 200ZC, not a further decrease as it's still boosting the most valuable pokemon type in the game. Delta's traded back for 1DP and then s/A/M deltas traded for double the reg. DP value (I.E. Shiny pika is 2pts, shiny delta pika is 4pts) would help balance the system without changing the actualy cost to delta and egg (Such as a 4k taking only 20pts) Or Shadow's idea where Delta poke is worth x pts and you need x points to buy something from a bonus DP store (Like the DP trades you were mentioning) HOWEVER, changing melans and DP BEFORE S/A would be extremely detrimental from the start. Maybe instead of the current MELAN bonus for Arceus and Champion, maybe change that to the S/A bonus? What this would do is increase the chance of your basic DP pokes to make the new DP system still worthwhile, but also making it so that melans line back down some but not extremely so (Since it takes both hitting anyway to pop a melan)
The Quilted Blanket Joint Shop! Currency exchange, S/A/M/D reg/E/V/L hunt spots (6IV spots available soon!)! Doing 6IV OT swaps for the time being!
muffi's Avatarmuffi
Thanks for adressing the imbalance and working towards a solution! However, i wether care about Melans (they are cool, but to me not fun to invest the time hunting them), nor about deltas. I was only hunting shinies and albinos to slowly build up my dexes and show case fields. After finally reaching a point where i could purchase the shiny charm box and the shiny charms with it, i was at a point that i could even with limited time do "short chains" for 1-3 days depending on species at a very very satisfying rate of S/A to hatch. Simple fun! :) These times are gone. With the striking of the x2 bonus for Albinos and Shinies, the general rate FEELS so bad, that i have to sit in chains as long to a point that it would make sense to wait for a melan, or even get one BEFORE i get the S/A specials im actually aiming for. The main problem isnt even the longterm distribution of x shines per x hatches, which isnt as badly changed. But with that change the statistical variance skyrocket for these that dont want long chains. This value describes the time BETWEEN hatches, e.g. you hatch one shine in 100 eggs +/- 100. This leads to a point where it is possible now, that you get entire days without a single special, which bears the point of playing since i come here to hatch specials, not 100s of regulars. I know im not the only one feeling massively frustrated about this, and i have seen people leaveing the page over this, or as me arguing why they still stay. Im aware that the Über change was adressing an issue of melans being too rate to get, as well as these hunting them getting swamped with specials they dont need. It solved this and its really nice to see everyone happy about their melans. I just would like to participate in the joy of playing again too, with the way i play. The Über was the way to go for starters that couldnt yet get the money for HM or shiny charms and helped greatly. Also it was the only permanently sustainable boost for Albinos over the radar charge. Happy some melan issues are getting adressed, but *waves* hey, we simply shiny and albino hunters are here too, and we are currently not having as much fun! :(
Made by popcorn8784
0/5000
Looking for jolly:
Ariados/Spinarak
Golisopod/Wimpod
Pinsir
Vikavolt/Charjabug/Grubbin
Araquanid/Dewpider
dayze's Avatardayze
with the melan chances being nerfed, are you also considering raising shiny chances back up a bit? at the moment, i have a 1k chain in my hunt with only 8 shinies (and this is with hypermode, uber, arceus and shiny charms). i don't normally keep my shinies anyway so this isn't really a huge concern of mine, but i'm just curious because 8/1000 doesn't seem very proportional especially with all the boosts i have ^^' as for the idea of turning in normal deltas for points, i would really like it as a feature!! it would definitely save collectors of certain delta types a lot of time and money. i'm excited to see what you end up implementing, and thank you for all the hard work you've been putting in recently !
sei | eighteen | they/them avatar is lee giuk f2u
Moon Stone

Moon Stone

Evolution Stone

(: 0)

A fragment of meteorite from a celestial body.

Sells for 1,250

Lv. 100 — +15,325,927
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness 27%
Naïve nature
owlito's Avatarowlito
okay, the melan nerf/buff is understandable, but whats up with shinys? they become even rarer than albinos at this point
avatar by my friend nanabeingsoft for my use only сheck my UFT fields for some special sparkly mons ;)
Wrathion's AvatarWrathion
Darn I just renewed my Ubercharm too lol. Yeah, though I haven’t been as lucky as some with my Melans they did seem to be getting pretty common. Would’ve liked if my victini popped out before the rate went down again but oh well.
Mimthyss's AvatarMimthyss
I'm fine with it being "nerfed" or rather, fine-tuned, but I do have a question. If halfing the boost given by Ubercharm from 8x to 4x, shouldn't the price also be halved to 125, not 150? /gen Also, I feel like reducing the boost from Arceus rank is a bit out of the blue. Hasn't it always been said that Arceus rank is meant to be hard to achieve (and maintain) but the reward makes it worth all the time and money sink? Could it not maybe be possible to only adjust the ubercharm for now, and then judge if melans are still too common? +10% is still decent though I suppose. I guess we'll all wait and see for now :> I am glad this is being adjusted though, the amount of melans being sold in trade threads has jumped way up, and the price way down ;; Edit: forgot to ask, will the price difference be reimbursed to those of us who just renewed our Ubercharm within the last few days or week or what have you before this announcement? Or will a month be waited before the change to allow everyone's full price charms to run out? It'd be kind of annoying to pay 250zc for a full months 8x boost only to get 1 week of 8x boost and 3 weeks of 4x boost for the same price, y'know..?
☆ ~ Self Hatched Melans ~☆
Click on the lil' icons to be taken to their respective pages! Some are what I plan to evolve them into rather than what they currently actually are tho, lol. Also it's in chronological order because yes
~☆~♡~
Team Devastating Drake, Type Race Winners of April, 2024! I achieved 11,140 points!
~♡~☆~ Avatar drawn by me; character is my own! TR Trophy drawn by the amazing Cherushii78 :D
Astrala's AvatarAstrala
I think part of the original ubercharm change was to make shinies a little rarer, so I don't think the decreased shiny hatchings was unintended. The shiny charms are easier to use now, too, so I feel like that kind of makes that difference.

Current Hunt

at 0
67/600
6663/50000

Pages: 12345··· 373839

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page