PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

I over-buffed Melanistic Pokémon...

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 2930313233··· 373839

Çelestanê's Avatarhypermode-12.pngÇelestanê
hypermode.pngcomplete.pngb.png
A bit of personal experience in these days: during my new hunt I hatched 500+ eggs, with every possible boost existing. Got 2 shinies. I used 2 very expensive Z-crystals for 2 days in a row. Got ONE albino. I do not feel... exhilarated. With all due respect, we should also remember this is a game BASED on hatching some cool stuff for your efforts. In real pokemon games you would definitely be glad to find a rare shiny, but even if you don't - you still have a bunch of games with plot to play! And re-play. Do mono-runs, nuzlockes, and so on. Entertain yourself even without any shinies. Here, we can't, because it is not intended - pokefarm is about hatching and collecting. Seeing those sparkles going. Am I not right? Trade is cool, and I gladly do it, when I'm too lazy to hunt myself. But we all need some specials to feel... capable. The system definitely needs some improvements, to implement new mechanics, like DP. The first change definitely boosted odds too high, we know it. We just need a golden middle, an equilibrium of sorts, and yeah! I understand that, and I'm more than ready to (I think as well as the whole community) test any changes... But will I have enough resources left to do so, that is the question :(
Cele's Avatarhypermode-12.pngCele
mod21073.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngcomplete.pnga.png
So I looked at the provided information Niet pasted and my eyes crossed, so I made it a table and removed the long string of bonus counter information in favour of a simpler presentation. Just in case anyone else is like me and needs the spacing.
DateEggsShiniesAlbinosMelansBonuses
2022-03-0977,45632333815x2.6 Shazi
2022-03-1060,6252061397None
2022-03-1164,3392601368+6 Garthic
2022-03-1260,9092231697x3 Ravyne
2022-03-1372,8522191749None
2022-03-14115,64844233924x2.5 Niet 18% Dusky
2022-03-1573,14426020213x2.5 Shazi 11% Persephone
I hope this helps out. :)
sig code and sig bg image made by me
Agent3's Avatarhypermode-12.pngAgent3
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png
There's a lot going on here so I guess I'll just drop my two cents; I do like the proposed shiny charm boost balancing out the uber "nerf", seems like a good way to maintain the effectively halved melan rates and increase the prevalence of shinies for shiny hunters. I think the overabundance of old supply from when the full-boost shiny odds were 1/25 - 1/50 is gonna take a while to dwindle out and the DP update was a great step in the right direction.
seth | 23 | he/him medical lab science student journal & my shop icon + sig of my characters, by me.
s.pngsummon_rex.png4.png
yyr twig's Avataryyr twig
collector.pngd.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Yes, PFQ is a game where it is hard to get the things you want. But you have thousands of other players around you, many of them can and will help you and you can help them too. Please remember that.
ohhhhh...um...yeah. thats gonna get a LOT of backlash... yikes... i think big mistake on that, not to be disrespectful. the way that you interperet this game's economic and personal values is kiiiinda wonky. like many people have said here, trading is not nearly as rewarding as hatching- and- by 'too common' people mean that you can get them by trading, not by hatching. but hatching is the point of the game. if you aint hatching, all the pokemon are gonna dry up. then theyre gonna be come more and more scarce. this is literally breaking the fake economy. and [insertnamestaff] will not listen. and this is a big hecking problem. you see, whats the point sharing our opinions if you simply brush it off as better? whats better is keeping your site alive, not what you personally view as something important. the ammount of backlash from imposing this update is ASTONISHING. if that doesnt stinge with 'oops, wrong thing to do!' then i dont know what does. weve made our points. we've done everything to explain how painstakingly bad this debuff was for the site. but of course, that has barely made a difference, from what ive seen. you wanna keep your players, then you gotta do what the players like. simple as that. and not just what a few players like- but the majority. ive yet to see anyone who enjoys this new nerf on odds. so why is it so hard to understand this is a bad idea? the whole thread absolutely BLEW when you said that. and it's really understandable why. more: i also believe this could be taken as disrespectful within reason which is not my intention. i do feel a bit bitter.) (i am apologetic if there are any loops in what i have said like a moth-bitten cloth, unintentionally)
PFP made by riptides (on pokefarm)
Niet [Adam]'s Avatarhypermode-12.pngNiet [Adam]
admin1.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Çelestanê

A bit of personal experience...
Thank you for your experience. I appreciate your patience and understanding. It is my hope that the planned boost to Shiny Charms (and non-HM Radar) will help achieve a better balance. I am also wondering, maybe I should raise up Albino chances again, maybe to some middle-ground between where they were and where they currently are, and instead lower the boost granted by Z-Crystals? Not by too much, but at least try to balance things that way...
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Alfalfa's AvatarAlfalfa
grandmaster.pngc.png
i havent been playing long, so please take my opinion with a big grain of salt i do agree that seeing rates drop is frustrating. it can be easy to buy a special pokemon, but that all depends on how long it takes to hatch and how popular it is. its easier to find things like eevee, but harder for ones like dewpider. most people scale off of exp cost per egg, so a 10,000 exp shiny or albino is already quite expensive (ive seen around 300gp+) with a drop, the price is going to increase a lot. that may be the goal, which isnt necessarily bad, but its hard to get money in the game without specials. really the only other things of value or wishforge gems and treasure, and summons. as a casual player the game has a semi steep step in. not the worst ive seen, which i will give great credit for that, but theres not a lot to do on the site besides check in and hope for a special guy to hoard the maim thing i can think of right now as a compromise would be to drop rates but add a way to get money more steadlily. whether thats through games, or something like the trade system with deltas where a regular pokemom can be crunched for points that can be redeemed for cash or whatever, up to yall. im greatful to staff for trying to balance the game/economy more, but until theres something else to keep it even i dont think dropping the rates will be recieved well
Credits
profile picture from pokemon shuffle, gif from pokemon anime
UnownVelouria's AvatarUnownVelouria
grandmaster.pngss.png
I think rather than killing the S/A market in order to fix it, the focus should be making buying them more appealing. Like, Delta Pokemon were a way to remove excess specials, but you need so many points for even a single delta compared to specials, that it's not that feasable for players without an excess of currency to Delta more than a few Pokemon every now and then, and even then, most of what was being used were self-hatched specials that wouldn't sell. If that system was a lot more forgiving to buy into, then we'd probably see a reasonable decrease in specials. At least, that's what I feel like.
summon_kyo.pngBuying Sapphire Orbs! PM me if you're selling.summon_kyo.png Profile picture by BananaLizard. Mimikyu/Sakura (FE) fusion.
Agent3's Avatarhypermode-12.pngAgent3
hypermode.pngarceus.pngb+.png

[snip] I am also wondering, maybe I should raise up Albino chances again, maybe to some middle-ground between where they were and where they currently are, and instead lower the boost granted by Z-Crystals? Not by too much, but at least try to balance things that way...
oh that would be interesting, niet. maybe base albino rate could be 1/150 and z-crystal could provide a boost to 1/100, since the new shiny odds after the charm buff would be 1/75? (i think, anyway) or full odds are still 1/120 but the base is something like 1/180? just kinda spitballing here ^^;
crescent's Avatarcrescent
grandmaster.pngb.png

Thank you for your experience. I appreciate your patience and understanding. It is my hope that the planned boost to Shiny Charms (and non-HM Radar) will help achieve a better balance. I am also wondering, maybe I should raise up Albino chances again, maybe to some middle-ground between where they were and where they currently are, and instead lower the boost granted by Z-Crystals? Not by too much, but at least try to balance things that way...
i actaully kind of agree with this. but if you lower the rates of z crystals there’ll probably have to be some way to lower the market. or maybe make z crystals work for a week/a few days, with lower rates? that way value stays the same. this is just an idea, obviously,, thank you for trying to find a middle ground ^^

I'd say yes to raising the albino chances, but before nerfing the z-crystals would there be a way for you to see how they are directly affecting albino outcomes? Z-crystals are pretty rare. Each user only cycles through each team once in 18 months, and when used only last a day. They're expensive in time and resources to aquire (expensive as in spending time making sure you make enough points in the type race to get at least one (the most I've ever gotten from my fragments) let alone buying one (ie paying someone for their super hard work to do the type race of the type you need). Before another nerf, especailly a rare item nerf I'd hope the users could see what impact they have on the data (as well as the levels of albino radar.)
Looking for anyone who would be willing to IV breed Petal Maravol.

Pages: 123··· 2930313233··· 373839

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page