PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in I over-buffed Melanistic Pokémon...

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > I over-buffed Melanistic Pokémon... >

steeve's Avatarsteeve
master.pnge+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

With that in mind, I'm proposing a couple of changes. I'd like to make this happen within a couple of weeks, but we'll see how things go with feedback and such. - Übercharm nerf: reduce its bonus from 8x to 6x. - Free user Shiny buff: increase max PokéRadar chain from 38 to 39. - Shiny Charm buff: increase its bonus from 2x to 2.5x The PokéRadar change effectively represents a 50% increase in Shiny odds for non-Hypermode users. It brings their base shiny odds from 1/600 to 1/400. For comparison, Hypermode users get a base shiny chance of 1/200 from the PokéRadar alone.
kudos to you for these changes, niet. thank you for listening and taking our opinions into consideration. increasing f2p players' shiny chances to 1/400 is fantastic and a great way to bridge the pay-to-win gap. it really makes HM and shiny charms feel like a bonus, and less like a prerequisite to have fun. and it gives players more opportunities to actually hatch shinies to trade for currency to, in turn, get premium boosts. as a side note, i hope the ubercharm change will take effect after all currently-activated charms run out. i don't think it would be a good move to change it after the money had already been spent. i certainly would be bummed to see i didn't get my full 28 days of 8x after expecting 8x.

QUOTE originally posted by nyanine

"players feel entitled to shinies" is that not the point of shiny hunting? hatching a lot of eggs and expecting to eventually get lucky? i may have just interpreted the wording wrong but it IS a main feature of the site.. unlike main pokemon games where theres more stuff to do with the pokemon i guess
i do agree with this sentiment. if i'm spending real life money daily to improve shiny chances, then i better be getting shinies. and i only say this because premium features only really affect shiny rates. it's not like you can throw money at PFQ and get free interaction points and egg autohatching--the game is essentially the same, but money just makes getting specials faster. so if i'm paying to get them faster, i do expect to get them faster.
🌟 🌟

vivillon patterns i need

Icy Snow, Monsoon, Poké Ball Elegant, Icy Snow my pattern is Sandstorm, if you'd like to swap!
i collect flying.png δ also check out my trade shop! all art is my own
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page