PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Questions About Site Rules 2.0

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Pages: 123··· 10111213

Kieri's AvatarKieri
Regarding the following part of the trade rules:

QUOTE originally posted by Trade Rules

4. Lend/Borrow at your own risk.

The lending/borrowing of Pokémon or items (as part of a trade) is not supported by the Moderator Team. You may do so, but we cannot guarantee that Pokémon or items will be returned to you in their original condition. We do recommend that all players use common sense in such things as obtaining collateral for anything lent to another player. Note: This does not extend to clear Pokémon Dex trade agreements. Moderators can and will intervene in the event theft occurs during a Dex trade.
If trading a Pokémon for a trade evolution, is this protected under this rule? In particular, the wording seems to state that it is not protected ("... is not supported by the Moderator Team"), and then implies it is to a limited extent ("... we cannot guarantee that Pokémon or items will be returned to you in their original condition"). I'd also like to ask about time-sensitive evos. If trade evos are protected to this limited extent, do evos like Rockruff -> Dusk Lycanroc which requires an evolution at a specific server time also fall under this? This specific one is only because my timezone would require me being awake at 3-4am to do the evolution (AU is GMT+10 at the moment), so it's basically a trade evo for me.
Stay hydrated~ Avatar by Squidacious [p]
Toxel's AvatarToxel
[edit: disregard, sorry ^^;]
Journal avatar: game screenshot edited by me
onychophorum's Avataronychophorum
is it acceptable to ask for artwork to be credited to a potentially inappropriate offsite source (in this case a neocities account) if the website itself is not directly linked to? (this would only apply to non-toyhouse offsite credit, like using as a social media icon elsewhere, etc) i would rather not have toyhouse be my primary contact.
avatar by me; based on adipocere by iyowa
6530b's Avatar6530b
The rules about languages don't specifically mention this, so I'd like to be safe. Is the use of other languages allowed in pokemon names (other than the default language names given)/descriptions? example is: "Mi sprigatito... es muy pequeño. Es un Sprigatititititititito. My sprigatito... is very small. He is a Teeny Tiny Itty Bitty Sprigatito."
Avatar is my pokesona. Official Gen 5 sprite, edited by me!
King's Rock

King's Rock

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A crown-shaped rock that exerts dominance over foes.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 91 — 6,988 / 25,117
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Rash nature
My Super Exciting Journal
I have a question regarding Trade Rule 5:

QUOTE originally posted by Updated Trade rules

5. Breeding/Mass-Clicking/Leveling for payment is NOT allowed.

You may not breed for other players, click other players, level Pokémon belonging to other players, or perform any similar service for any form of payment. This includes breeding for another player in exchange for a breeding pair of Pokémon. Paid services of these types have a history of generating scams/trade failures. Note: You may perform any of the above services for free. It's payment that causes issues.
I am assuming that offering a service to send other people's Pokémon to scour mission (specifically to make them Totem or to gather Zygarde Cells), much like leveling services, would fall under this rule... In order for a service like that to be considered free, is not accepting payment sufficient? Or would I additionally need to keep track of the scour finds/loot and return them along with the Pokémon to the owner?
  • Me
  • Hunting
  • Links
✦ Critter ✦ he/they ✦ 21+ yo ✦ +1 server time
Avatar made by me. For my use only, don't share outside PFQ. PM or here to commission one. ☆ Bait made by me. PM if you want to use, don't share outside PFQ.
x1/x0/x1 April TR:
☆ Go to my shop for BOGO50% specials!
Joyfulness03's AvatarJoyfulness03
Hello! I am just here for a quick clarification on sprite use and then I'll be on my way. After reading through the original Sprite Permission Request Thread, I read this specific rule:

QUOTE originally posted by Sei

7 • Can I edit the melan 'x'? These are free to edit so long as it's not a sprite made by PFQ - For example, you're free to edit an Albino victini or a Melan Poochyena since we didn't make those, but if you want to use our albino or melans in something like a shop banner or a customized avatar, then permission will be needed.
I was hoping to edit some animated sprites from pokemon Black and White and adjust them to have albino or melanistic colorations. Would I need to go submit a permission form to do something like that? I was planning to, but the wording of this rule confused me, and I wanted to check in order to avoid wasting your time. Thank you!
  • Current Goals
  • δ Arceus Collection
  • (Work In Progress)
823/2100 Mythril Steel Badge
217/10,600 The long road to wishalloy
123 DEXES TO GO

Current Collection

Types Needed

I am seeking out Delta Arceus! If you are selling or trading Delta Arceus, send me a PM with your shop link! I am avoiding duplicate natures! I have: Timid, Serious. ~ Types Needed ~ ~ Priority ~
Feiro's AvatarFeiro
Hi! Is spamming the number keys on the keyboard allowed in party clicking to make it faster allowed?
Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
I bring answers. If anything is still unclear, feel free to post again with follow-up questions.

QUOTE originally posted by Cheap

I have a question about the "do not offer goods you do not currently have for a trade" rule. I would like to offer a raffle of sorts, but the conditions are a bit unusual. They would involve people pooling egg supplier passes (I would give them back as soon as the order is finished) and me giving away any extra specials I would be hatching during the day. Since there could be no winners, the rule could be enforced for this, but also since there's no payment, it isn't really a trade properly speaking, so I'm torn on if the rule applies to this case.
As you can't be certain you will be able to give everyone who added to the pool a special, this is not allowed.

QUOTE originally posted by Kieri

Regarding the following part of the trade rules:

QUOTE originally posted by Trade Rules

4. Lend/Borrow at your own risk.

The lending/borrowing of Pokémon or items (as part of a trade) is not supported by the Moderator Team. You may do so, but we cannot guarantee that Pokémon or items will be returned to you in their original condition. We do recommend that all players use common sense in such things as obtaining collateral for anything lent to another player. Note: This does not extend to clear Pokémon Dex trade agreements. Moderators can and will intervene in the event theft occurs during a Dex trade.
If trading a Pokémon for a trade evolution, is this protected under this rule? In particular, the wording seems to state that it is not protected ("... is not supported by the Moderator Team"), and then implies it is to a limited extent ("... we cannot guarantee that Pokémon or items will be returned to you in their original condition"). I'd also like to ask about time-sensitive evos. If trade evos are protected to this limited extent, do evos like Rockruff -> Dusk Lycanroc which requires an evolution at a specific server time also fall under this? This specific one is only because my timezone would require me being awake at 3-4am to do the evolution (AU is GMT+10 at the moment), so it's basically a trade evo for me.
You have to make the conditions for the trade evolution clear by communicating if the other can evolve for you before sending it back or if they have to send it back so you can evolve it yourself. We can return the Pokémon in case of theft when there are clear agreements, but can't undo the evolution, so it's an "at your own risk" trade in that regard.

QUOTE originally posted by onychophorum

is it acceptable to ask for artwork to be credited to a potentially inappropriate offsite source (in this case a neocities account) if the website itself is not directly linked to? (this would only apply to non-toyhouse offsite credit, like using as a social media icon elsewhere, etc) i would rather not have toyhouse be my primary contact.
The credit on-site has to be PG, but staff can add your credits to a place where only we can see it.

QUOTE originally posted by 6530b

The rules about languages don't specifically mention this, so I'd like to be safe. Is the use of other languages allowed in pokemon names (other than the default language names given)/descriptions? example is: "Mi sprigatito... es muy pequeño. Es un Sprigatititititititito. My sprigatito... is very small. He is a Teeny Tiny Itty Bitty Sprigatito."
Yes, that is fine.

QUOTE originally posted by apatheticcritter

I have a question regarding Trade Rule 5:

QUOTE originally posted by Updated Trade rules

5. Breeding/Mass-Clicking/Leveling for payment is NOT allowed.

You may not breed for other players, click other players, level Pokémon belonging to other players, or perform any similar service for any form of payment. This includes breeding for another player in exchange for a breeding pair of Pokémon. Paid services of these types have a history of generating scams/trade failures. Note: You may perform any of the above services for free. It's payment that causes issues.
I am assuming that offering a service to send other people's Pokémon to scour mission (specifically to make them Totem or to gather Zygarde Cells), much like leveling services, would fall under this rule... In order for a service like that to be considered free, is not accepting payment sufficient? Or would I additionally need to keep track of the scour finds/loot and return them along with the Pokémon to the owner?
Scour missions fall under this rule, and not accepting payment is fine to consider it free. You can keep your scour finds.

QUOTE originally posted by Joyfulness03

Hello! I am just here for a quick clarification on sprite use and then I'll be on my way. After reading through the original Sprite Permission Request Thread, I read this specific rule:

QUOTE originally posted by Sei

7 • Can I edit the melan 'x'? These are free to edit so long as it's not a sprite made by PFQ - For example, you're free to edit an Albino victini or a Melan Poochyena since we didn't make those, but if you want to use our albino or melans in something like a shop banner or a customized avatar, then permission will be needed.
I was hoping to edit some animated sprites from pokemon Black and White and adjust them to have albino or melanistic colorations. Would I need to go submit a permission form to do something like that? I was planning to, but the wording of this rule confused me, and I wanted to check in order to avoid wasting your time. Thank you!
The sprites are copyrighted, not the colour combinations. You can recolour the official sprites.

QUOTE originally posted by Feiro

Hi! Is spamming the number keys on the keyboard allowed in party clicking to make it faster allowed?
The numbered hotkeys for party clicking are implemented into the site specifically for ease of clicking. As long as you are not using any sort of third party programs to automatically click these buttons for you or or use physical objects on your keyboard to perform actions for you there should be nothing to worry about. One keystroke or mouseclick has to be one interaction. Edit: it was brought up in the Discord so adding it here: pressing multiple buttons simultaneously is also not allowed, it has to be one button press at a time. You can alternate your fingers by "drumming" but may not press more than one key at a time with your hands.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
skiddo's Avatarskiddo
Hi, I'm working on a type race team thread, and I had a question to ask. As a type race leader, would I be allowed to maintain a section of the first post with links to relevant lends/giveaway threads? Eg, if a user made a thread in the trades forum offering a type race-related deal (eg, supplier pass lending, like I would love to offer for my team!), would I be allowed to link that post in the type race first post? Would I have to direct my team to look at the generous user's signature? Would I not be allowed to mention it at all? This post within the type race rules thread states that having a "freebies section" is okay, as long as it directs users to PM and does not include sales for profit. I will not include sales for profit! Would it be allowed to link to trade threads within the correct forum offering free, no-profit giveaways/lends for things that aren't explicitly allowed in the type race rules, eg, supplier passes or shiny charms? EDIT:

QUOTE originally posted by Answer from Terabbit, in support ticket

Hello, I apologize for the delay in getting back to you but what you have proposed is perfectly acceptable! Please let me know if you have any additional questions! You can even be preventative and mention the rules in the section if you'd like! Mini-modding only applies if you try to tell someone about the rules after they've broken them. So mentioning the rules proactively is totally fine if you wish.

QUOTE originally posted by Part 2

I apologize! I missed one part of your question. Signatures in the main post will be unnecessary since they are in users posts regardless. And all threads/posts linked must be 100% not for profit as you described. Any posts where users are looking to buy or sell even with a discount may not be linked. Giveaways/freebies are all totally fine.
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
TheRPGNerd's AvatarTheRPGNerd
hi!! i wanted to ask if it would be ok to make an off-site list (ie: through rentry) for pokedex completion, future hunts etc? i wanna have an easy way to show ppl on the trade forums and the like what pokemon i might need for the pokedex. i wanted to ask before i do it bc i dont wanna accidentally break site rules. im aware you cant have adult content in them (and i wouldnt) but i didnt know if it was okay to have one in general. thanks!
My profile picture was made in Ibis Paint by myself. [Pronouns are they/them.] Obsessed with mystery dungeon.

Pages: 123··· 10111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page