PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Questions About Site Rules 2.0

Forum Index > Core > Help >

Pages: 123··· 910111213

Toxel's AvatarToxel
hi! I've always thought users could only bump a thread 1 bump period after the most recent post, but apparently they can bump it if enough time has passed since their last post, even if others have posted since then? I don't really understand why that would be allowed, since the most recent post, no matter who made it, would still bring the thread to the first page of the forum :o
Journal avatar: game screenshot edited by me
KT Kat's AvatarKT Kat
Are there rules about sharing on social media. Like am I allowed to post screenshots of my pokémon or my progress in contests?
Nexwr37's AvatarNexwr37
is naming multiple pokemon music lyrics and then sending them to wondertrade to confused people not allowed or it's just considered goofy silly actions? like... I name one pokemon "never gonna give you up" and then the other pokemon "never gonna let you down" and so on and then I keep sending them to wondertrade until I run out
Icon made by me I have Commission slots open check my site for further information https://nexwr37.carrd.co
Score: 1300
Orcalot's AvatarOrcalot
Hi! I couldn't help but notice that SadRice's question about whether or not it's okay to make OCs of the pokefarm exclusives had been skipped, so I'd like to echo their question, as it's something I'm also curious about.
scavengers's Avatarscavengers

QUOTE originally posted by Trade Rules

The lending/borrowing of Pokémon or items (as part of a trade) is not supported by the Moderator Team. You may do so, but we cannot guarantee that Pokémon or items will be returned to you in their original condition. Note: This does not extend to clear Pokémon Dex trade agreements. Moderators can and will intervene in the event theft occurs during a Dex trade.
As per these trade rules, are borrowing/lending pairs for acquiring an eggdex specifically protected, or is something like that slightly different? Also, in terms of lending pairs for type race/other reasons, would these pairs be protected? If not, would they be protected if payment was taken for it (if that's even allowed for non-permanent trades)? It's not something I tend to do myself, but I'd like to know in case it's something I end up doing ^^; My bad if this has been answered before!
pfp is pixel art, done by me! its my little alien hyena fella so cutest tiepnsy
Enbees's AvatarEnbees
Hello! I have a question about the legibility rules! specifically the contrast rule. How does this apply to text with an outline? I know that's commonly used to increase legibility in presentations, but I'm not sure what the rule is here. To be clear, I'm asking not because of in-site text-boxes, but text on banner art. In cases with outlines, do both the text and outline have to follow the contrast rule, or just the outline? Some examples of what I mean:

1:75:1 Text, 11.52:1 Outline

I'm not a big fan of the colors on this one but it's a basic example.

7.78:1 Text, White (1.82:1) glow

Current Type Race score = 7788
Saving for Memory Stick!
217/200
All art by me.
Cele's AvatarCele

QUOTE originally posted by Toxel

hi! I've always thought users could only bump a thread 1 bump period after the most recent post, but apparently they can bump it if enough time has passed since their last post, even if others have posted since then? I don't really understand why that would be allowed, since the most recent post, no matter who made it, would still bring the thread to the first page of the forum :o
Sometimes offers are ignored (not the most polite admittedly, but not required per our rules). This just ensures that the OP will be able to bump their thread and/or make announcements based on their own last post date if they don't wish to respond to any posts, or in the case that there aren't any.

QUOTE originally posted by KT Kat

Are there rules about sharing on social media. Like am I allowed to post screenshots of my pokémon or my progress in contests?
Please feel free to share screenshots of your Pokefarm journey on your social media account(s)!

QUOTE originally posted by Nexwr37

is naming multiple pokemon music lyrics and then sending them to wondertrade to confused people not allowed or it's just considered goofy silly actions? like... I name one pokemon "never gonna give you up" and then the other pokemon "never gonna let you down" and so on and then I keep sending them to wondertrade until I run out
Just keep the lyrics that you use as nicknames appropriate for the site. If you have questions about what is or isn't then there's a link to the Rules on the bottom of any page of the site, or you may PM a moderator for assistance.

QUOTE originally posted by Orcalot

Hi! I couldn't help but notice that SadRice's question about whether or not it's okay to make OCs of the pokefarm exclusives had been skipped, so I'd like to echo their question, as it's something I'm also curious about.
Apologies to them for the skipped question! (Very sorry, SadRice!) Thank you for bringing this question back up! Please feel free to make OCs of Pokefarm Exclusives. We just ask that you credit the site for the species.

QUOTE originally posted by marionn

QUOTE originally posted by Trade Rules

The lending/borrowing of Pokémon or items (as part of a trade) is not supported by the Moderator Team. You may do so, but we cannot guarantee that Pokémon or items will be returned to you in their original condition. Note: This does not extend to clear Pokémon Dex trade agreements. Moderators can and will intervene in the event theft occurs during a Dex trade.
As per these trade rules, are borrowing/lending pairs for acquiring an eggdex specifically protected, or is something like that slightly different? Also, in terms of lending pairs for type race/other reasons, would these pairs be protected? If not, would they be protected if payment was taken for it (if that's even allowed for non-permanent trades)? It's not something I tend to do myself, but I'd like to know in case it's something I end up doing ^^; My bad if this has been answered before!
Good question! I will bring this up to the moderation team and ask for a response on our stance. I will PM you with the result of that conversation and edit the answer in here when one is available so that it is here for posterity. Edit: Back as promised! The answer is... yesn't. Let me explain. So, with a regular Dex Trade, the expectation is that the Pokemon is sent and then comes back relatively quickly and unaltered. That's a very simple thing to protect, because it's just one Pokemon in what should be a fairly expedient trade back and forth. When you get into sending a breeding pair off for someone to breed so they can get the EggDex, there's some layers of complexity when it comes to protecting this. It's not as fast of a process because the person has to take the pair, have the time to click for the egg they're wanting (which only gets more time-consuming if it's a variant or exclusive)... and let's say they're malicious. A breeding pair can be split apart. That's not just one Pokemon to protect. It's two very specific Pokemon paired to each other. There's situations where if something happened to either a Dex Trade or a breeding pair dex type of trade, we'd be able to help. We do as much as we can do, but the options are much more severely limited in the case of it being a breeding pair and something going wrong. So... we'll try, but no promises, basically. All in all? We highly recommend taking collateral so that you're not entirely up the creek without a paddle in the case something happens!

QUOTE originally posted by Enbees

Hello! I have a question about the legibility rules! specifically the contrast rule. How does this apply to text with an outline? I know that's commonly used to increase legibility in presentations, but I'm not sure what the rule is here. To be clear, I'm asking not because of in-site text-boxes, but text on banner art. In cases with outlines, do both the text and outline have to follow the contrast rule, or just the outline? Some examples of what I mean:

1:75:1 Text, 11.52:1 Outline

I'm not a big fan of the colors on this one but it's a basic example.

7.78:1 Text, White (1.82:1) glow

It is the white glow version that is correct and will properly protect readability. The blending of the purple text with the darker purple bordering starts to become harder sooner than the white glow version does. As an example, I took my glasses off and had to get very close before the purple outline version's capital A regained the gap/hole in its centre, while the white glow version was identifiable from a little further. That was fun to try! My vision VS what I can see and pick out, kinda emulated with a blur tool: I read the first as "Nt" with a weird cursive frill at the start, and the second as "Art" when my glasses were off, both from the same distance. It's not exactly the same as what a more severely visually impaired user may see, but this is kind of the idea of that line of reasoning!
sig code and sig bg image made by me
Green Ster's AvatarGreen Ster
Hi, I have a question about one of the rules, would it be against the rules to have 2 separate devices logged in to the same account even if I’m the only one who uses them?
Cele's AvatarCele

QUOTE originally posted by Green Ster

Hi, I have a question about one of the rules, would it be against the rules to have 2 separate devices logged in to the same account even if I’m the only one who uses them?
You may have two devices access your account, as long as the person physically doing it is you. After all, folks can have a PC and a phone, and not allowing them to use both of their devices to access the site would be a little silly. So, please feel free!
Cheap's AvatarCheap
I have a question about the "do not offer goods you do not currently have for a trade" rule. I would like to offer a raffle of sorts, but the conditions are a bit unusual. They would involve people pooling egg supplier passes (I would give them back as soon as the order is finished) and me giving away any extra specials I would be hatching during the day. Since there could be no winners, the rule could be enforced for this, but also since there's no payment, it isn't really a trade properly speaking, so I'm torn on if the rule applies to this case.
pfp: Official Xenoblade Chronicles 3 portrait.
Score: 0
Type race icon by LycanKai

Pages: 123··· 910111213

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page