PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Remove tourney egg lock

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12345··· 8910

Gumshoe's AvatarGumshoe
does the time lock actually improve anyone's playing experience, or does it just get in the way? who is helped by people being locked out of buying the eggs? to me, it seems like it just gets in the way of dedicated players who would like to actively participate in the game. i don't see how it's anything but harmful to bar players who would want to put money/value/etc into the economy to buy tokens to get the eggs from doing so, and putting an arbitrary time limit on it. the only, ONLY way i could see it being a "positive" was if someone had the attitude that a player has to ~~~~earn the right~~~~ to have access to the egg, and if they couldnt ~~~put in the eeeaaasy effort required~~~ in order to not be locked out from that egg, then it's totally justified to punish the player for not being as ~~~~cool and dedicated and loyal to the game~~~~ as they are and yes, i realize i'm exaggerating here, but to me, that does seem to be the mindset/attitude on display here. i'm sorry if this wasn't the intent, but this is how the message is coming across, in my eyes. it's not like the person is getting the egg for free. they still have to buy/obtain tokens in order to get the egg, the question is just do they have to wait an arbitrary amount of time before being allowed to do so. i personally think it would be a good idea to not prevent people from participating and engaging with the game, especially if it'll put more value into tokens and whatnot.
"Who knows? That guy...always keeps you waiting."
Chicken ★ 27 ★ they/them journal shop art shop
credit
★ pfp by me ★ sig img from Metal Gear Solid 2 ★ sig code by me
After reading through everything, I'm going to have to say support. I don't really understand how any of the points selecon brought up are relevant, especially about the "it's just ONE point" thing. If my internet is out for a week, only having to score one point doesn't make it any easier?? I couldn't get on the site at all. And if I miss the wrong tournament, it could be up to 7(?) weeks before I get the chance to unlock that egg again, regardless of how many tokens I win. I could have 100 tokens and still not be able to buy the egg. Which is kind of ridiculous. I think the restriction should be that you can only unlock an egg if it has been offered as a prize in a tournament, that way you still can't buy both new eggs at the very start of the season. (which was the issue the 1 point lock was meant to solve) Punishing players for not being able to be active, will only make them less likely to come back. Case in point, me. I left, I came back, and couldn't get arceus. So I left again, right up until the next tournament season. If It had been easier to get my rank back, I wouldn't have deserted the site for so long. I'm still struggling a little on the token side of things, but it's not literally impossible like it was last season.
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
flürrawr's Avatarflürrawr
honestly the arguments against this suggestion really bother me. they boil down to "if you didn't play for a week then you can handle losing arceus for weeks" or "you only need to score one point so don't be lazy." like, have you guys never been hospitalized? never been on a vacation where you can't access the internet? you're under the assumption that the user chose not to log on for a week, and therefore should be punished for doing so. why are we punishing people for having real lives outside of the game? punishing people for being hospitalized? punishing people literally at all? if you're in the middle of a melan hunt, end up in the hospital, a tourney passes, you get released, now you've lost your melan boost for weeks because of an arbitrary restriction. as others have asked, what is the point of the restriction in the first place? it was also mentioned that OP didn't include any negative points as if that invalidates this suggestion. do you have any negative points to include? because i literally cannot think of any in case it isn't obvious, i support this.
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
Definitely support this, because there's not much of a reason not to in my opinion. Don't understand why people are "punished" for being inactive due to personal issues happening. Pheaux laid it out really well, and gave great opinions on the matter definitely agree with what they said. Punished in quotations, because I feel like it's the wrong word? This feels more unfair than a type of punishment I think. Not everyone can be active every day all the time, and it's a shame to have to lose Arceus for a while just because you had personal things to attend to for a few days and missed out on a tournament. Honestly I didn't even know this lock thing existed until it happened to a friend, and I'm confused as to why it does? I get the whole "One point" thing okay, but I do think it should be like maybe 1 week or even 2 weeks and allow the egg to be purchasable at that point for those who missed the tournament. Whether you need 1 point or not, sometimes life gets in the way and you're not able to get that "1 point" to come back to a game you love and to feel as though you've been screwed over, kinda sucks imo
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
Zen's AvatarZen
As someone who's been able to score at least one point in most, if not all, tournies... I support this, and thompheda and Mouse 13 hit the nail on the head why. I myself am soon going to be hospitalized for surgery, and have been forcing myself to get on so I can try and get things done before then since I'll be on even less once I am. I'll be missing a few weeks of tournies. And this isn't even my choice. I either get these surgeries I need to prevent my issues from getting worse or I let them get worse and deal with an even worse outcome. Am I an extreme case here? Yes. Am I the only one? Maybe. Is it possible others could have a similar situation happen in the future? Yes, it is. Being punished for things we outright cannot control is a little unfair. I couldn't control what I got. Others can't control if they have to lose their internet for a week, or if they have to go on vacation. And we get, in a sense, punished for it. More so if those people are melan hunters and need the arceus boost. Even if it gets replaced with an increased fee, I wouldn't mind. I can get the currency/tokens for an increased fee. I can't turn back time to be on the week I missed.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Aemilia's AvatarAemilia

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I dunno. I feel like if someone is inactive enough to miss out an entire couple of weeks of tournaments, then it's not really a "punishment" to have to wait a little longer. If they really want it, they can of course trade for a hatched one.
I'm going to poke in and say sometimes real life obligations force you away from games such as this and even other online sites. I am currently being processed for the military which, if accepted, will mean 2 to 8 MONTHS without being able to connect with friends and family, let alone score a point in a tournament. So, while I see the understanding of it, waiting an extra three weeks (assuming I just miss the new egg that current week) to gain arceus back for something out of my control will likely turn me away from wanting to play because I am locked from progressing towards arceus again for that period of time. Sure, I can accumulate tokens those weeks to get arceus back...whenever I can unlock the egg finally.
Buying: BSDs 20 ZC Prisms 70 ZC
Icons/Template by Aemilia

by Kaede

Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
bump, i got my arceus back but this can affect others in the future
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
I was reading few replies and I didn't know you get locked out of buying the egg until that egg comes back again in the tournament. I thought scoring in the next one would unlock it. In that case huge support from me. I don't think it is fair to be locked out of something that helps you progress for so long, especially since this is necessary to gain Arceus rank (which is already hard enough to get let alone maintain).
Offering 20.000 for 6IV Ditto Disclaimer: I'm not native English speaker. Please read my posts and messages in calm and friendly tone, and do ask for further clarification in case of confusion. Thank you! ~
Roukan's AvatarRoukan
Splitting this up so people can see which parts I'm responding to

QUOTE originally posted by Kiryu

does the time lock actually improve anyone's playing experience, or does it just get in the way? who is helped by people being locked out of buying the eggs?
Me and probably some other people who have anxiety/mental heath/physical health issues that needed to take multiple breaks lasting 1 month or more Insureing mental and physical health is important and russing to ketchup on everything at once is extremly stressful

i don't see how it's anything but harmful to bar players who would want to put money/value/etc into the economy to buy tokens to get the eggs from doing so, and putting an arbitrary time limit on it.
You do relize that people can start gathering the tokens befor the egg is onlocked right? If they want to buy tokens they will

the only, ONLY way i could see it being a "positive" was if someone had the attitude that a player has to ~~~~earn the right~~~~ to have access to the egg, and if they couldnt ~~~put in the eeeaaasy effort required~~~ in order to not be locked out from that egg, then it's totally justified to punish the player for not being as ~~~~cool and dedicated and loyal to the game~~~~ as they are
Another positive point is for the safty of players who have just gotten back from a break for mental/physical health reasons (talking from experieanse both have happened to me) Think about it this way. If somebody had to get alot of surgeries done and couldn't be on for a long time. They are notgoing to be well enough to rush their way to arceus rank. Trying to do so would likely make their condition quite a bit worse. Having something that can't be controlled set as a time marker they can set a pace to get to arceus rank that would be more relaxed and therefor likely better for them With people who've just gotten back from mental health issues there's a lot of pressure to get arceus rank. That pressure is likely to make people with mental health problems try to rush into it far to much and make people feel forced into doing things that aren't healthy/productive (ie. Staying awake over 36 hours and going into debt buying online currency (ZC for this site) with the rent and grocery money) Not to menchen the stress and panic attachs that that the pressure of trying to rush to arceus rank cause Having the site set an arbitrary amount of time is extramly benificial If it wasn't in place the next time I end up going on a break I wouldn't beable to come back safly without outside help
@ Roukan Pokefarm is not responsible for its players' mental or physical health. That is each person's own responsibility. Why should everyone be punished because maybe one or two players can't manage the time they spend on here in a healthy manner?

Pages: 12345··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page