PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Remove tourney egg lock

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 1234··· 8910

selocon's Avatarselocon
Since apparently I need to be more clear... You need ONE POINT, ONE. POINT. To unlock an egg. I just joined this tourney today near the end, because I was out a laptop charger for about roughly half a week. I've already "unlocked" my egg. We have 2 tourneys per new egg. Once again, hatching tourneys will either count your chained egg (such as our current one) or have a chain clause, usually. Evo tourneys, look for someone like me who makes RTEs that are eligible when te tourney starts and buy ONE for cheap. Fishing tourneys aren't hard to catch ONE. You see a trend? ONE POINT is all that's needed to be unlocked. I have yet to see a tourney season go by in which, with this new system, someone, regardless of activity level, couldn't unlock the egg. Once again, I pose a question: At this point, why not just lower all eggs to one of the current token, since apparently the system is "too hard" for players who can't be that active.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
Dont need to be that aggressive, the point of this suggestion is just not having to wait a whole month just because you have miss one week.. How about if, in the case of we manage to miss both new egg, we only need to participate in the current tournament to unlock the previous egg? I like the fees idea too, but I think is better if is more in a "yay congrats for participating again" kind of way.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
@Selocon Your point about getting a single point being very easy is why I *do* support this suggestion. The requirement seems arbitrary to me, unless the intent is to prevent people who log on infrequently from being able to unlock new tournament eggs. Like, I understand that in theory since the eggs are meant to be tournament prizes it makes sense that you'd need to participate, but the high market cost of tokens, especially early in the season, does a reasonably good job at preventing the unlocks from being "too easy" imo, and gives that incentive to participate without drawing lines in the sand about how much participation is "enough". Which leads to my next point - there is a huge difference between removing the one point requirement and reducing the egg unlock cost. If you don't score high in the tournaments you have to pay big time to buy tokens from other players - which means you need to invest time or money or both in the site. From what I can see this suggestion isn't about making tournament Pokemon significantly easier to obtain, it's about not locking out people who come back from breaks and want to get right back into things. If you come back from a break at just the wrong time you could have to wait up to 3 weeks to reclaim the Arceus boost, with *no* way to shorten that time. Edit: Ah, I never noticed that the eggs aren't in the same order near the end of the tournament, so I guess that's really more like 6 (7?) weeks max?
pheaux's Avatarpheaux
Lmao, as I was drafting my response, Tarashia pretty much everything I was going to say (and in a much nicer way). I do want to point out that eggs change order every 4 week period. So at minimum you're keeping people from Arceus for 3 weeks; at maximum, that's 7 weeks. It seems pretty absurd to lock someone out of Arceus for that long, especially since that's a LOT of eggs you're hatching without that nice bonus.
Avatar is official art from Pokemon Typing Adventure Look at him:
Enigma Berry

Enigma Berry

Special Berry

(: 0)

A completely enigmatic Berry. It apparently has the power of the stars that fill the night sky.

Flavour: Spicy/dry
Colour: Yellow
Firmness: Hard
Growth time: 96 hours

Sells for 40

Lv. 99 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness 27%
Mild nature
selocon's Avatarselocon
I'm sitting on 3 tokens I'd be wiling to sell for fairly cheap. Fun fact: after the first two rounds, guess what happens, prices go down! Tokens have little to do with this (little meaning that they do have something to do with it, but aren't the primary point of the suggestion) The whole point of this suggestion is that someone missed a few weeks, couldn't be bothered with joining the tourney late and getting the one point, and buying the tokens. Case in point, first off, the OP never added any negative points, and second off, the OP continuously states "I just returned" and "I lost arceus" and specifically mentions the participation/point gain requirement. Rather than complain something is "too hard", try. If you tried, you could EASILY get 12 points in the next 8 hours. That's 2 parties. And it's literally ANY egg with this tourney, just hunt your chosen mon and you can probably get the medium goal easily. 1/4 of the way to the egg! For those saying that the market prices are expensive, I'd like to see how so? Which market are you looking at? Because ~100k-150k is about what they go for on the trade forum too... Just find someone (like me!) who generally doesn't care about arceus rank, and buy the tokens for cheap from them.
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Oh! The issue is not that i lack the tokens. Ive actually been purchasing them. The issue is that I can not buy the eggs. like its locked in the shop and theres no way to unlock it unless i participate in a tourney WITH that specific egg as a reward (in my case kitworm) so that could be three weeks from now. And i think its a bit ridiculous to have it that way. Because someone could sign up for an interaction tourney. Make a single interaction and recieve the same prize as the person in 101st place, unlocking the egg in the prize shop. And i think thats ridiculous. Im not against a fee to unlock it if the user hadnt participated in the tourney. What ever thats fine. But having to wait? Thats just crazy if someone is busy or left and wants to return. What if someone came back at the end of the season right after the last new egg tourney ended? Theyd have to wait until the next season started. What im getting at is its so strange that the tourney eggs are hidden behind this arbitrary "you have to participate with atleast one point" wall when something like mcw prizes arent. Like you can get the mega or totem dex from a mcw without being penalized. and so far its been super easy to just breed the variants to get the egg dex if you missed mcw, and honestly? I think someone should be penalized harder for missing mcw if you're getting penalized for missing tourneys because mcw gives a lot more back to the sotes userbase than tourneys do. This tourney thing makes reclaiming arceus very difficult and it honestly drives me and im sure itll drive others, further from the site if they try to return.
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
selocon's Avatarselocon
Thing is, you HAVE to complete the goal for te MCW prize. Before, you didn't have to gain a single point in a tourney offering an egg. If I remember correctly, before, you could just sign up for the tourney, and unlock the egg. I like this new system. Also, idk where the idea for the next egg being random comes from. If you look here you'll see a pattern. The two newest eggs, two old ones, the new 2, 2 random, the first new egg, random egg, second new egg. (roughly) In other words, a little bit of looking on the wiki would've shown you it won't be three weeks until you get kitworm again.
Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

In other words, a little bit of looking on the wiki would've shown you it won't be three weeks until you get kitworm again.
Actually if you noticed, tourneys #141 - 144, did not follow this pattern, thus implying its random, same with tourneys 130- 132... please don't chide me about looking on the wiki or checking my sources, i know what im talking about /:
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
I mean the market in general, including the credits market feature and the trade forums. I don't understand what the point is of the requirement in the first place. What is it meant to achieve? What loophole does it close? I am willing to change my mind if someone can answer that for me in a way that makes sense and seems fair.

TLDR Rambling

Here's the way I see it: - Casual users May not log in regularly. Probably don't care about Arceus, may not be interested in melan hunting. 150k/token isn't cheap to them since they're not on much to be earning money, and if they're not hitting the medium or high goal in every tournament, they're going to need to buy a lot to get the unlocks early on. Instead they'll probably just wait until the eggs cost fewer tokens or are breedable. Or maybe they don't care about the egg dex at all, and just trade GP for hatched Pokemon in the forums. I argue: The 1-point requirement does not influence their decisions on how often to log in, or how much to participate in each tournament. - Active, serious players Log in enough to be able to easily score the minimum point required to be allowed to unlock eggs. These people often care about maintaining Arceus, and can do so in a couple ways: score in the top 100 to earn the egg, or focus more on their shiny chain and buy the extra tokens they need at the end of the week. I argue: The 1-point requirement does not significantly change how these users play, since the effort to get 1 point is small compared to their overall time spent playing. Obviously there's room in the middle there - people who spend more time in the forums than on the collection aspects of the game, or completionists like me who like getting Arceus but never really use the melan boost. I'm generalizing but I hope you see my point. If the requirement doesn't generally affect who I see as the average player, who is it impacting? What is its purpose?
ETA: I say that whatever the original point of the restriction was
(do I recall correctly some drama when all 4 new Pokemon in the first tournament got shiny [melan?] hunted immediately after the first tournament week concluded since all eggs started only locked by tokens?)
may not be as relevant anymore, especially in light of other updates that relaxed some of the negative consequences to not logging on every day. To address things posted since I started my novel: - MCW doesn't count. The new fusions are breedable right away, and the others don't have egg dexes. - If you look at the tournament history, there was a 5 week gap between the last 2 tournaments that gave out Selkrub last season.
pheaux's Avatarpheaux
@ selocon Why'd you bring up tokens in the first place? You said "they have little to do with this" but then you say people are "saying that the market prices are expensive"?? No one in this thread has suggested that tokens are too expensive, and bringing up the price of tokens has been suggested as a Good Thing (tm), since adding an additional cost for those who missed a week can keep the price of tokens up for a little bit longer. I find this bit really funny actually:

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

Rather than complain something is "too hard", try.
Yep! If I try hard enough, I'm sure I can go back in time! Snarkiness aside, I'm not sure how missing a week translates into not trying hard enough. Real life gets to all of us eventually, and sometimes it's just not feasible or practical to track a pokemon clicking game and figure out when to log on. If you want people to work hard and "try" in order to unlock eggs, then you should be supporting an extra cost instead of a time limit to unlock, because, interestingly enough, it takes more effort to gather resources for that cost than it does to just log off again and wait for the next week. Anyways, it seems like you keep bringing up arguments but then never expanding on them. Like you bring up token costs even though it's irrelevant; pointed out that OP didn't have negative points, and then still didn't suggest any; and have yet to engage with arguments against your own arguments. Do you have any response to the redundancy of the requirement in the first place? Any particular reason WHY you like the current system? If you just like arguing, that's fine, I just want to know what exactly your point is, so I can determine if I'm putting in too much effort.

Pages: 1234··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page