PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Remove tourney egg lock

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 123··· 8910

Terabbit's AvatarTerabbit
Okay! So I feel that the title is a bit confusing. What i am referring to is the fact that if an egg has been previously awarded in tourneys and you have not participated in that tourney you cannot buy the egg with tokens. I understand this for the first tournament of a season because it prevents people from getting the second egg. So what I am suggesting is to remove that lock AFTER both new eggs have been distributed. Why? - Well recently pokefarm has been making updates that make it less punishable to put down the game for a few days/weeks than pick it back up. (Ie the albino radar charging function) so fixing this would be a lot similar to that. -there is literally no point to have a lock if someone can sign up, not even participate in the tourney and still unlock the egg -with the new two week stretch between old eggs and new eggs it makes it twice as punishing if you decide to pick up the game after leaving it for a few weeks or months and you return on a bad tourney week. - adds value to tokens on the market, returning players will need to purchase them or participate in tourneys. And if they are in a rush theyll buy them. Making more money for the site and boosting the economy. - a lot of peoole have been dropping pokefarm recently. And some may want to dip their toes into returning one day (i am for example haha) but having a huge time gap to have to wait to restore arceus rank is very discouraging and may push people away. Negative: - might be unfair to those who participated? But then again someone who got one point would get the same reward as someone in 101st place. So thats also not fair haha Also maybe a token fee for not participating? Whatever seems fair
credit
Background drawn by AdimivA on twitter Gif created by JUSTICEBEETLE F2U & Icon code by Gumshoe
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam

there is literally no point to have a lock if someone can sign up, not even participate in the tourney and still unlock the egg
That's not quite how it works though, you have to score at least one point in a tournament with that egg as the prize to get the unlock. (Unless that's what you meant by "not participate"?) I'm trying to remember if the current setup has technical reasons as well (ex: keeps people from being able to buy eggs before anyone is supposed to be able to) but there's probably workarounds for that? Anyway I'm leaning towards support - for the majority of tournament types there's not much of an effort difference between scoring a single point and logging in to the site but not participating in the tournament at all. This is even more true now that most egg hatching tournaments can be done without breaking a shiny chain. Which means that as you say this is more a punishment for not logging in at all than for not putting in effort.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I dunno. I feel like if someone is inactive enough to miss out an entire couple of weeks of tournaments, then it's not really a "punishment" to have to wait a little longer. If they really want it, they can of course trade for a hatched one.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I dunno. I feel like if someone is inactive enough to miss out an entire couple of weeks of tournaments, then it's not really a "punishment" to have to wait a little longer. If they really want it, they can of course trade for a hatched one.
You need the eggdex to get arceus though. This is for people who leave with arceus rank, come back and want to restore it to continue playing. but other people would probably use it too of course. Also you could literally miss out on two weeks and have to wait a whole month to unlock both eggs. Thats a long time if youre hatching eggs a d want a long chain bonus
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Again, if real life takes you away for several weeks, then surely it's of little consequence that you need to wait for the Tournament to come back around?

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Again, if real life takes you away for several weeks, then surely it's of little consequence that you need to wait for the Tournament to come back around?
I mean. Im using myself as an example here, but im sure soon others will be in my place as some people filter back into pokefarm. I took a break but still.logged in every day. I participated in one of the two tournys. By the bare min by accident. (Interacting) meanwhile the next tournament required more effort that i was unable to do because of life obligations. Now im sitting on a 5k chain without arceus bonus even though its five weeks into tourneys. Its very frustrating. Id have to wait another week yes. But someone else who may have come back two weeks ago.would have had to wait a full mont to unlock both eggs. If its punishment for lack of participation maybe there could be a 3 token fee for buying eggs from tourneys you haven't participated in. Also i dont see an issue in making the site more accessible for taking breaks and returning since updates like that have been made in the past. Like the albino radar. Whats the difference in waiting seven days to fully charge your radar again? But the update was made and it was quality.
selocon's Avatarselocon
Thing is-you have to be active to get the most out of this new albino radar. You can charge it with the minimum but there's no penalty to not, anymore. Tourneys, on the other hand, are, in a sense, the same way. Score ONE POINT. Evo tourneys you can buy from me for fairly cheap, hatching tourneys can have the shiny chain clause, etc etc. You need one point and the tokens. Why don't we remove the tokens being more than one to get the egg? You see my point, right?
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0

QUOTE originally posted by selocon

Thing is-you have to be active to get the most out of this new albino radar. You can charge it with the minimum but there's no penalty to not, anymore. Tourneys, on the other hand, are, in a sense, the same way. Score ONE POINT. Evo tourneys you can buy from me for fairly cheap, hatching tourneys can have the shiny chain clause, etc etc. You need one point and the tokens. Why don't we remove the tokens being more than one to get the egg? You see my point, right?
No i don't. people should be able to step away from the site and get to come back without being penalized like this. The only thing unlocking the egg locks after tourneys would do is -make people earn the tokens needed in future tourneys Or make people buy the tokens off other users. Helping those who earned them make a profit.
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
Why punish player for being inactive and not instead like, being cheerful that they are coming back? I'll use a silly example but, if a dog is being punish for fleeing, they may don't come back the next times. If the site punish a player when they want to spend the little times they have find on it, they may think after that this is not worth it.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
pheaux's Avatarpheaux
I can support this with some sort of time limit and extra cost. Maybe a week after the first tourney with that egg ends, you can unlock that egg for the regular price + more tokens or some gp. I don't think I support fully removing the lock immediately after the tourney; having some time while the egg is locked can reward players for participating in the tourney, but wouldn't feel too long if you happened to return to pfq just after the tourney.
Avatar is official art from Pokemon Typing Adventure Look at him:
Enigma Berry

Enigma Berry

Special Berry

(: 0)

A completely enigmatic Berry. It apparently has the power of the stars that fill the night sky.

Flavour: Spicy/dry
Colour: Yellow
Firmness: Hard
Growth time: 96 hours

Sells for 40

Lv. 99 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness 27%
Mild nature

Pages: 123··· 8910

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page