PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Remove tourney egg lock

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed > Remove tourney egg lock >

Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
I mean the market in general, including the credits market feature and the trade forums. I don't understand what the point is of the requirement in the first place. What is it meant to achieve? What loophole does it close? I am willing to change my mind if someone can answer that for me in a way that makes sense and seems fair.

TLDR Rambling

Here's the way I see it: - Casual users May not log in regularly. Probably don't care about Arceus, may not be interested in melan hunting. 150k/token isn't cheap to them since they're not on much to be earning money, and if they're not hitting the medium or high goal in every tournament, they're going to need to buy a lot to get the unlocks early on. Instead they'll probably just wait until the eggs cost fewer tokens or are breedable. Or maybe they don't care about the egg dex at all, and just trade GP for hatched Pokemon in the forums. I argue: The 1-point requirement does not influence their decisions on how often to log in, or how much to participate in each tournament. - Active, serious players Log in enough to be able to easily score the minimum point required to be allowed to unlock eggs. These people often care about maintaining Arceus, and can do so in a couple ways: score in the top 100 to earn the egg, or focus more on their shiny chain and buy the extra tokens they need at the end of the week. I argue: The 1-point requirement does not significantly change how these users play, since the effort to get 1 point is small compared to their overall time spent playing. Obviously there's room in the middle there - people who spend more time in the forums than on the collection aspects of the game, or completionists like me who like getting Arceus but never really use the melan boost. I'm generalizing but I hope you see my point. If the requirement doesn't generally affect who I see as the average player, who is it impacting? What is its purpose?
ETA: I say that whatever the original point of the restriction was
(do I recall correctly some drama when all 4 new Pokemon in the first tournament got shiny [melan?] hunted immediately after the first tournament week concluded since all eggs started only locked by tokens?)
may not be as relevant anymore, especially in light of other updates that relaxed some of the negative consequences to not logging on every day. To address things posted since I started my novel: - MCW doesn't count. The new fusions are breedable right away, and the others don't have egg dexes. - If you look at the tournament history, there was a 5 week gap between the last 2 tournaments that gave out Selkrub last season.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page