PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Remove tourney egg lock

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed > Remove tourney egg lock >

Roukan's AvatarRoukan
Splitting this up so people can see which parts I'm responding to

QUOTE originally posted by Kiryu

does the time lock actually improve anyone's playing experience, or does it just get in the way? who is helped by people being locked out of buying the eggs?
Me and probably some other people who have anxiety/mental heath/physical health issues that needed to take multiple breaks lasting 1 month or more Insureing mental and physical health is important and russing to ketchup on everything at once is extremly stressful

i don't see how it's anything but harmful to bar players who would want to put money/value/etc into the economy to buy tokens to get the eggs from doing so, and putting an arbitrary time limit on it.
You do relize that people can start gathering the tokens befor the egg is onlocked right? If they want to buy tokens they will

the only, ONLY way i could see it being a "positive" was if someone had the attitude that a player has to ~~~~earn the right~~~~ to have access to the egg, and if they couldnt ~~~put in the eeeaaasy effort required~~~ in order to not be locked out from that egg, then it's totally justified to punish the player for not being as ~~~~cool and dedicated and loyal to the game~~~~ as they are
Another positive point is for the safty of players who have just gotten back from a break for mental/physical health reasons (talking from experieanse both have happened to me) Think about it this way. If somebody had to get alot of surgeries done and couldn't be on for a long time. They are notgoing to be well enough to rush their way to arceus rank. Trying to do so would likely make their condition quite a bit worse. Having something that can't be controlled set as a time marker they can set a pace to get to arceus rank that would be more relaxed and therefor likely better for them With people who've just gotten back from mental health issues there's a lot of pressure to get arceus rank. That pressure is likely to make people with mental health problems try to rush into it far to much and make people feel forced into doing things that aren't healthy/productive (ie. Staying awake over 36 hours and going into debt buying online currency (ZC for this site) with the rent and grocery money) Not to menchen the stress and panic attachs that that the pressure of trying to rush to arceus rank cause Having the site set an arbitrary amount of time is extramly benificial If it wasn't in place the next time I end up going on a break I wouldn't beable to come back safly without outside help
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page