PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Captain Narflunk's Log

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals >

Pages: 12345678

Narflunk's AvatarNarflunk
Sometimes it is good to be wrong. It seems like I was here. Hopefully everything is going to become understood, even if it doesn't get entirely fixed. Oh well, lesson learned.
Buy stuff at my Shop Score: 2294
A New Update
Due to a combination of personal error, technical issues, less than thorough reading, and miscommunication, nearly my entire 'About Me' section was lost. With it was lost most of the information I kept there, including my Pokérus dates and hunt numbers. It is a learning experience, to always back up any data you want to keep. I am going to now take some time to study up on CSS and Styleclass, in order to make a better version of my info. I've already started redesigning the code, but until I have something coherent and visually appealing, I will keep it hidden. On March 24th I had a truly amazing experience. It was a ghost V~Wave day and I had a Pichu egg, so I thought a delta-ghost Pichu would be pretty cool. Used some delta points on the egg hoping to get it to pop ghost. When it hatched, I was startled to see pale sparkles! Not only did I hatch an albino Pichu, but it did come out ghost delta! To make things even more crazy, that day I had only powered my albino radar with the first step (level 2, 100% increase). Those are pretty crazy odds. The only egg I delta'd in my party popped the correct type as well as albino, with the second-lowest setting of albino chances (*add 'mind-blown' emoji here*). Now if I could take those luck chances and just win the lottery, I'd be set! Here is my pale ghostly baby:
Just one more update: the new tournament started (hatch lab eggs) and I'm pretty sure I'm going to end in the top 20. I hit the hard level in less than a day, and as long as I stay at my normal activity level I should remain high in the rankings. Woot! Too bad it's an egg that I don't really need.
It's been a pretty normal few days here (but a crazy time in real ilfe). The other day I hatched 2 random albinos within a few hours of each other (Klefki and Starly) and today I got 'rus! As I feared life has been taking up more time, so I've been less active and fallen a bit in the tourney. Now I'm hovering around the 50 spot. Just hit 400 points with the rus today. It is a really great tournament since you just have to hatch eggs from the lab and you get points; I'm surprised I'm able to stay in the top 100 being as (in)active as I have been the last few days. With only 11 hours left from now, I'm pretty much guaranteed a ranked spot. Two days ago I finished the mythril gemwish badge for . Now is the long trek to the next level. With the tourney I've been focusing on the quickly-hatched bug eggs, so I was able to upgrade that badge as well. Almost finished with the evolves for it too. The latest contest was great for me. My submission ranked 35th out of >1200 entrants, in the top 3%! Feast your eyes on my flexible smarty:
My entrant for the next contest will (I hope) do well also. I've also been doing a lot of spars with Ãntarëm. It's going to be a loooong time until either of us complete all the tasks, but it gives us something to do occasionally, and I like it. Some of the spars are really random and surprising in their winner. I nearly lost to an Eevee using Giratina, and a metapod beat something I was using (but don't remember what). I'm still researching CSS and templates to make a decent 'about me'. One hurdle I've encountered is how to create an accordion (closing/hidden tabs) that can be modified in CSS. I can make one using BBCode, but then the size/color/font/etc. can't be edited with the overall CSS modifiers. Any advice is appreciated. Last thing: I'm still (slowly) getting pairs set up for future hunts. I made a 'pairs' field to keep track. I've upgraded my Maravol pair to 97% but still kind of hoping to get it up to 98/99%. April starts soon so I'll know what Type Race team I'm on, and then I'll decide on what to hunt next.
Team this month! Going to do a Dewpider hunt since I really like its shiny. Not sure if I'll go HM or not. Still improving my gemwish badges. Finished platinum for electric, bug, poison, ground, and almost finished with fire. Previous tournament ended (around 50th place), got my egg. This tournament I've finished hard mode and stopped. Started a new about me, but still having trouble with tabs and the accordion. I think I know how they should be edited, but it isn't working. I'll have to do more research. But for now it's acceptable (I think). Improving my breeding pairs, trying for 97% or higher in as many of the good ones as I can. 99% Mimikyu is great, as well as a few 97%s.
Started the hunt, have 1 shiny and 1 albino after 100 hatches so far. Bought hypermode and used the ubercharm from the christmas event. I'm hoping to get at least 3 of each, and sell whatever else I get. Next tournament is growing berries for a previously released egg. That should be fun and easy to get hard mode. Used the lucky seal I get for HM, got a jade orb for rayquaza. I'll summon that at some point when it won't break my chain.
Hypermode Bonanza + Type Race!
  • Doing really well with hatching special Dewpiders. As of now I'm at almost 90 hatches with over 20 specials (plus a bunch of deltas too). Well over what I need, so I'm adding all the rest to a for sale field. Not sure if I'll break the chain soon or not, since I'm nowhere near Arceus rank so the chances of a single melan (let alone 2 or 3 for collection) is very slim. Might be better to change to a differen bug during the type race.
  • Restocked my zophan canisters, I'll be able to refill my hypermode again without worrying. Since I won't be very active during the month of May, I'm not sure if I'll wait to refresh it until after I get back from vacation.
  • Type Race started! I'm at 341 right now. Donated a few of my specials to the team raffle and hoping we do well.
  • Finished in the top 50 of the berry growing tournament, got myself a kangaroo egg. Next tourney is scouring. I didn't do too well with it last time, hoping I do better this week.
  • Significantly stocked my breeding pairs. Filling up a second field of them already.
End of the Chase
  • Ended my Dewpider hunt. Had a pretty good specials rate at 2% shiny and 1% albino. Hatched a total 31 shinies and 17 albinos out of about 1550 hatches. No melan though. I should really get Arceus rank before expecting one.
  • Type Race finished. I ended with 1905 points. As a team we did alright, but not great. Ended up getting 2 full z-crystals (and used one of them unsuccessfully).
  • Currently hatching two more legendaries, Rayquaza and Zeraora.
  • Did really poorly on the scour tourney, didn't even finish hard mode. I really dislike that one. Next tourney is just hatching eggs, so that should be fine.
  • Decided to do as many quick hunts as I can before my HM and ubercharm expire. I'm going to focus on a living s/a dex as quick as I can. First up is Scyther, so that means 3 shiny and 3 albino(Scyther, Scizor, and Mega Scizor). Once I hit that I move on to the next pokemon, any extras will be put up for sale.
  • The Easter Event has begun! I'm really looking forward to getting the Blue Petripeep CS. I really hope it is fairly easy to get the other ones though, because they all look awesome and I need them >_<
  • Continuing to do really well in the contests. Ended the last one in the top 5% again. It's a great way to get gold and exclusive accessories.
Whoops it's been a long time since my last post. Real life has been super busy, so I'll blame that. Here's a summary of what has happened over the last 20 days since my last post: Been continuing my hunts for shiny and albino living dex, so far going well. Currently hunting Ralts, and if my numbers are right I have enough for a full specials living dex. So now I'm just hatching them for sale, since it's the Type Race. I got Pokérus a couple times in the last week of April (since my last post). The last one was on April 25. Not sure if I'll get one this month since I'm not playing as regularly. I've convinced my sister to start playing (it wasn't really hard, she is easily entertained by games like this). Been helping her get settled in the game. Have a bunch more summons to do, which should unlock the complete master list. Will wait for my next hunt switch to hatch those. Also gotten the new exclusive Ryukuza, I'll breed a few of them at some point as well. Got myself the Blue petripeep sprite from the Easter Event. The new tournament season is starting this week also so hopefully I'll do well. It's V~Wave hatching though, but since it's during the type race I probably won't be finishing in the top 100. Oh well... Doing well on the type race, but my team needs to pick up the pace! Finished a bunch more wishforge badges, sold a few more specials, and got mega stone for Dewgong and blue orb for Kyogre. This will probably be my only post this month, I'm still less active the next 2-3 weeks. Until then!
New Post!
Finished Type Race with 1830 points. Hit my goals, even if the team didn't do too well. Done with the Ralts hunt, also did a Magikarp hunt. Got a bunch of albinos during the type race too. Did a quick Shooting Star Cleffa hunt and got a couple shinies. Now I'm hunting Electrike. Continuing to fill out my breeding fields, using my sister as a source and a way to pair things where I am the OT for one half. Got a couple thousand points in the last tourney, but not nearly enough to rank. Next tourney is evolving recently-hatched 'mons, we'll see how well that goes... I think I'm going to make a shop. I'll have to think of a witty name and make a good design, but it will be a good way to start selling more regularly. My UFT fields are getting pretty full.

Update Time!

Well this was a long wait until the next post. I've done quite a bit since last time, and I probably won't remember it all.
  • Several tournaments have come and gone, I never ranked but still got some tokens.
  • Finished the Electrike hunt at 11s/4a/686 H, now starting a Mimikyu hunt. Matches type race so that will be good!
  • I am running the Team Twinkle Tackle (Fairy) team page this month! It doesn't seem that difficult to keep everything organized, and it is helping me refine my code-writing abilities.
  • I opened a shop! Check it out here. My brother recommended I name it "Steve's Goods", but I have no idea why Steve. It houses my sales for all the specials, exclusives and variants I have UFT, as well as services for renting my breeding pairs and for dex-trading. At some point I want to also add a section for selling items (summons, evolution items, etc). It has gotten some traffic, but isn't immensely popular just yet.
  • I figured out why the code wasn't working to add color and formatting to hide-boxes. That allowed me to add some more details to my 'about me' and to make the shop. Now I just need to figure out why a vertical tab list won't work!

Pages: 12345678

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page