PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

OT Eggs

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123456

QUOTE originally posted by Animestia

I really like this idea, and it has my full support! Though, I still worry how it could effect the tournaments, as stated in earlier posts. And could it possibly cause the site to lag during these tournaments, as multiple people would be checking eggs or even the same egg at once? I feel as though AuracleOfBacon's idea may be able to help negate some of it, but I could be wrong! Overall, I think it would be a wonderful addition! ^^
Yeah, my proposed solution takes advantage of the Shelter Highlight CSS that already lets people know if there's a special Pokemon visible on the current selection of Pokemon, and intends to work much the same was as the CSS already lets you know there's, say, a Delta Pokemon or something visible in the Shelter. Having something like I proposed would cause the site to lag about as much as, say, a Shelter Hunt for a Shiny if one were to do a Shelter Hunt for their own Eggs. Plus the icons would be client-side, and would likely work as follows: *If egg ot ≠ client, then don't show Egg OT icon *If pkmn ot ≠ client, then don't show Pkmn OT icon *If egg ot = client, then show Egg OT icon where gender would be *If pkmn ot = client, then show Pkmn OT icon next to all other applicable icon(s)

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
Amanome's AvatarAmanome
The timeline information is what reveals who the OT is. If you want to figure it out, then check it. If you don't want to put the time and effort into opening another tab to check an egg to see if it was bred by you, then maybe Nature/IV hunting isn't for you. Moving to rejected.
♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ Buying for zc - 60zc ZC UFT: 2 Free Toyhou.se Codes PM me! ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡
code: izu.ku| bkgd
nikao's Avatarnikao

QUOTE originally posted by Amanome

The timeline information is what reveals who the OT is. If you want to figure it out, then check it. If you don't want to put the time and effort into opening another tab to check an egg to see if it was bred by you, then maybe Nature/IV hunting isn't for you. Moving to rejected.
May i ask, did you ever iv breed? from very low iv under 100 to 186??....or nature only....and had to look at eggs, 1-20 or so, to find the one egg you breed ....how not fun or easy this is? i would not say it like this. Not really fair to say more or less one is lazzy when one does not wish to take hours on end to click egg for egg for egg...even whe one takes an h or more to already do this..... and this way is to look into if you are OT of an egg...in a shelter where sometimes 1-15eggs are the same...yo have to click the egg look if it is yours and go back to look for new one, but what then? you dont know which egg is the ne you did look at and that was yours..and you dont even know when you already did look at this egg which it was that you did look at when there is more than one, when only one egg you hunt alright,....... but when there is 5 or 10 you do not know which was the egg that you where OT from and that you found between all the other ones, as there is nohing that you can mark it with to find again between all the other eggs....they look the same after taking a look at there timeline..... it takes so much time....click on the egg go to the type name of egg on left corner on bottom of shelter field, then click there, go to middle of shelter field to click again on the eggs name to go to the timeline Information of poke, then click back to shelter......this takes way more time out of short time one already got to be on here. it got even worse when one wants to look into poke with iv in shelter....the you Need to look into battle states too. So no, one is not lazzy or not made for iv breeding, when one would hope for a tiny bit more easy way to see if one is OT breeder of an egg.... Im a iv breeder, for some years now, and i dislike no i hate to look into shelter for my eggs when there is more than i who breed for my poke i hunt....it is terrible to get non iv poke i have to work so hard for.....or even hatch than Special from those nonIVeggs....it erally maes me cry sometimes, and i would cry when i get a melan from no IV egg........ .it is already real hard work to hunt iv poke, to breed them up step by step, to search for eggs in shelter, to get stupid non iv not breed by one self..... ...... or like other user do-> to breed for nature and then they have to get eggs all the time from other non nature breeder as it is near impossible to get OT eggs in shelter when there is more than ioe egg of same.....and so many refresh of shelter again and again to get right eggs...that takes hours n end that one Need to click to hatch eggs and doother Thing....yes also things for real life.... not sure if it just my bad luck, but from the poke i hunt now for years when not type race-event or weekly hunts... i always get one and the same egg most of the time in shelter even when i click it away and refresh the shelter....when i get lucky and it is only one....and it is bad when it is not one of my eggs, and i click it away again and again till i just give up sometime later and just adopt it evven when i only look for my , but it Shows up agaain and again... so it would have been nice when it would have worked and this Suggestion would have been atleast accepted....to make live of hunter be it iv or nature hunters a bit more nice and easy....but to late. sorry for the rant, but i feel hurt beeing called lazzy even when it was not writen in this word.... it really hurts me deeply and makes me sad.........i speak for myself now....i put all the time i have each day when i have the time, and so much effort into this, i look into eggs and poke to find iv poke or my breed eggs....it takes hours when i have some time free, to do this, of my hard earned free time.....IV hunting is for me even when you say no. that is not fully nice or right to say it is not a Thing for us, that we dont put effort or time into nature or iv breeding,.... for us, only becuse we hoped for a tiny thing that makes game a Little more easy, to see at one look if it is ot egg......sorry i dont want to offend with what i did write. .
🐾 Please support this suggestion from me^_^ support: show upvoted really as up-voted I do look for high or perfect iv poke,love for free or trade/swap...i do trade or swap for high iv poke or perfect pidove^^ with iv friends an friends i like to gift 5-6iv after hunts^_^ ->can trade s-a iv pidove, for zc-gp or credit .
Animestia's AvatarAnimestia

Long quote

QUOTE originally posted by nikao

May i ask, did you ever iv breed? from very low iv under 100 to 186??....or nature only....and had to look at eggs, 1-20 or so, to find the one egg you breed ....how not fun or easy this is? i would not say it like this. Not really fair to say more or less one is lazzy when one does not wish to take hours on end to click egg for egg for egg...even whe one takes an h or more to already do this..... and this way is to look into if you are OT of an egg...in a shelter where sometimes 1-15eggs are the same...yo have to click the egg look if it is yours and go back to look for new one, but what then? you dont know which egg is the ne you did look at and that was yours..and you dont even know when you already did look at this egg which it was that you did look at when there is more than one, when only one egg you hunt alright,....... but when there is 5 or 10 you do not know which was the egg that you where OT from and that you found between all the other ones, as there is nohing that you can mark it with to find again between all the other eggs....they look the same after taking a look at there timeline..... it takes so much time....click on the egg go to the type name of egg on left corner on bottom of shelter field, then click there, go to middle of shelter field to click again on the eggs name to go to the timeline Information of poke, then click back to shelter......this takes way more time out of short time one already got to be on here. it got even worse when one wants to look into poke with iv in shelter....the you Need to look into battle states too. So no, one is not lazzy or not made for iv breeding, when one would hope for a tiny bit more easy way to see if one is OT breeder of an egg.... Im a iv breeder, for some years now, and i dislike no i hate to look into shelter for my eggs when there is more than i who breed for my poke i hunt....it is terrible to get non iv poke i have to work so hard for.....or even hatch than Special from those nonIVeggs....it erally maes me cry sometimes, and i would cry when i get a melan from no IV egg........ .it is already real hard work to hunt iv poke, to breed them up step by step, to search for eggs in shelter, to get stupid non iv not breed by one self..... ...... or like other user do-> to breed for nature and then they have to get eggs all the time from other non nature breeder as it is near impossible to get OT eggs in shelter when there is more than ioe egg of same.....and so many refresh of shelter again and again to get right eggs...that takes hours n end that one Need to click to hatch eggs and doother Thing....yes also things for real life.... not sure if it just my bad luck, but from the poke i hunt now for years when not type race-event or weekly hunts... i always get one and the same egg most of the time in shelter even when i click it away and refresh the shelter....when i get lucky and it is only one....and it is bad when it is not one of my eggs, and i click it away again and again till i just give up sometime later and just adopt it evven when i only look for my , but it Shows up agaain and again... so it would have been nice when it would have worked and this Suggestion would have been atleast accepted....to make live of hunter be it iv or nature hunters a bit more nice and easy....but to late. sorry for the rant, but i feel hurt beeing called lazzy even when it was not writen in this word.... it really hurts me deeply and makes me sad.........i speak for myself now....i put all the time i have each day when i have the time, and so much effort into this, i look into eggs and poke to find iv poke or my breed eggs....it takes hours when i have some time free, to do this, of my hard earned free time.....IV hunting is for me even when you say no. that is not fully nice or right to say it is not a Thing for us, that we dont put effort or time into nature or iv breeding,.... for us, only becuse we hoped for a tiny thing that makes game a Little more easy, to see at one look if it is ot egg......sorry i dont want to offend with what i did write. .
This. I don't mean to be rude in the slightest (quite the opposite in fact), but this is not a matter of laziness as a whole. This is a matter of time and effort. It can be hard enough to find your own eggs in the shelter as it is, but what if you're hunting something no one else is breeding for? What if you're looking for a genderless pokemon? The shelter is a staple for this game, and it is often a last resort when you run out of daycare passes. This change, while small, could really improve the quality of life for the users, so I'm saddened to see it rejected on such grounds :< (Mod edit: Hid long quoted post)
Avatar: Official Venti 2020 birthday Artwork, Edited by me
skiddo's Avatarskiddo

I apologise, but I don't see the logic in this, especially when one could use the same statement against nearly any other feature of the site. "If you don't want to put the time and effort into opening each Pokemon in an individual tab to feed a berry, then maybe massclicking isn't for you." aaah... pf1 memories XD Yes, some things should stay difficult (eg: variant/exclusive/legend hunting, melan hunting in general) but I don't see why nature/IV hunting should be one of those things, especially when there's a possiblility for a helpful quality-of-life addition that wouldn't hurt the game's economy or overall difficulty at all. I hope this makes sense.
59 / 200
Not actively buying. Or actively doing anything in general.
(credits)
code by skiddo; banner by mochafox; sprite by pfq; bg is official
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The Shelter isn't really intended to be a "bypass" for Daycare adoption limits, but that's what it has become. There is already a bonus to help you find the Egg you are currently hunting, but narrowing that down to "who bred it" isn't possible with the Shelter, as it only has limited data on the Eggs/Pokémon within, to save resources and load faster.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
skiddo's Avatarskiddo

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

The Shelter isn't really intended to be a "bypass" for Daycare adoption limits, but that's what it has become. There is already a bonus to help you find the Egg you are currently hunting, but narrowing that down to "who bred it" isn't possible with the Shelter, as it only has limited data on the Eggs/Pokémon within, to save resources and load faster.
Ah, I understand what you mean! But this isn't a suggestion for a "bonus" (as you said) but rather a suggestion for a different quality-of-life feature. The original post wasn't asking for a higher chance of finding your own eggs, but an easier way to tell whether an egg was bred by you.

This suggestion isn't a new filter, but something that shows up when you click the "View/Adopt" button on an egg in the shelter.
As an example, there no "bonus" to finding Timid
for example
-natured Pokemon in the Shelter, but when you click on a Pokemon, you can easily tell its nature. So, with this suggestion, you wouldn't be more likely to see your own eggs - if you're hunting for Eevee, you'll still see everyone else's Eevee eggs, it'll just be a little bit easier to figure out which ones are your eggs and which ones aren't XD
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The problem then becomes how the bonus works - it just picks the first egg it can find, which is why if you look closely you might notice that the egg you're hunting that shows up on several pages is actually the same egg. So if the bonus triggers and you get the egg you're hunting, you'll find it's not bred by you, so you go back to reloading, and you find the egg again, and it's the same one not bred by you... That sounds like the opposite of quality-of-life ;)
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
I've test it and the first Nickit I've see was breed by akzm and the second by FireWolf1117. i don't know if it really work that way, but at the worst, you just need to breed more to make your egg morst likely to show. It may be try and retry to find our egg, but at least if there is a specific icon, you don't have to look at the summary each time.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!
skiddo's Avatarskiddo

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

The problem then becomes how the bonus works - it just picks the first egg it can find, which is why if you look closely you might notice that the egg you're hunting that shows up on several pages is actually the same egg. So if the bonus triggers and you get the egg you're hunting, you'll find it's not bred by you, so you go back to reloading, and you find the egg again, and it's the same one not bred by you... That sounds like the opposite of quality-of-life ;)
Ohhhh, I see! I just tested that out, and yeaaa, I saw the same Nickit egg like ten times-- But, in a way, that's also why this suggestion would be helpful. Because either way, you'll be finding that egg again and again and again, so would it not be "quality of life" to have an easier way to disregard it? Eg: Without suggestion: Reload Shelter > See the "first" egg > Check summary > Check summary page > It's not bred by me > Reload Shelter > See the "first" egg again > Check summary > Check summary page > It's not bred by me > Reload Shelter > (repeat until you find your own eggs) With suggestion: Reload Shelter > See the "first" egg > Check summary > It's not bred by me > Reload Shelter > See the "first" egg again > Check summary > It's not bred by me > Reload Shelter > (repeat until you find your own eggs)

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page