PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

OT Eggs

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123456

This was suggested by Kïpcha a few months ago but deleted for inactivity. Some people (myself included) like certain natures for their pokemon, so they breed them to have those natures. But currently trying to find an egg with you as the original breeder can be a pain: you have to find the egg itself in the shelter and then you have to open and wait for the summary page to load before you can see if it's from your daycare. This can be especially frustrating if you're hunting something as plentiful as Eevee. Imagine having to open say, 5 or 6 different egg pages before you find one of yours. Not everyone has the time, patience or the proper internet to do this over and over until they have a full party. This can be avoided by using daycare passes, yes, but what happens after you run out and/or can't afford them? And what if you're saving them for any number of reasons? This suggestion isn't a new filter, but something that shows up when you click the "View/Adopt" button on an egg in the shelter.
naïve collector | budding IV breeder
Signature image is free-to-use, by Lagomorphas. Avatar is by Temporal.
Anduin's AvatarAnduin
Big support. Some people really like melans with only their name on it. I know it increases my affection for the melan, and it has a practical application in breeding for natures as mentioned above. Would be a huge quality of life addition to the shelter for several groups, melan hunters, people looking for certain natures to make good battle Pokemon, ect And doesn't abuse the "no filters" rule as nothing would actually be being filtered out and is just streamlining a process that technically is already possible but not really feasible.
Methos's AvatarMethos
(Posting as a player, not as staff.) Wouldn't this strongly affect the tournament that requires you to hatch eggs bred from your Daycare?
Official site avatar. Current site avatars were created by the lovely DuchessLunaire.
KishanHaru's AvatarKishanHaru
How would this affect that tournament anymore than it already does? This information is already available and can be viewed at anytime. It would just be more useful if you didn’t have to go the extra step (which people already do during nature hunt tournaments anyhow.) :o
SCA ♪ 🌸 Wiki Help 🌸 SpecialsPM MeMy Shoppe~ Current Hunt: Mudkip
B> Lunar Wings for 45 ZC ea.
Stevanae's AvatarStevanae
Throwing in my vote of support as an IV breeder. Sometimes I go to ten or more Egg summary pages trying to find eggs that were bred by me, or at least came from a pair with obvious indications that it was bred from someone using the same methods. It isn't just an aesthetics thing. If I am trying to hatch 6IV Pokémon, such Pokémon are outright impossible due to stat inheritance mechanics from parents that don't have a single 31 IV (or only, like, one), which is the case with most of the Pokémon people breed. I think this would save on bandwidth from unnecessary HTTP requests if it were implemented. People like me are going to open all of those tabs anyway.
Anduin's AvatarAnduin

QUOTE originally posted by KishanHaru

How would this affect that tournament anymore than it already does? This information is already available and can be viewed at anytime. It would just be more useful if you didn’t have to go the extra step (which people already do during nature hunt tournaments anyhow.) :o
This. And since it would be available to everyone without requiring any purchases or item upgrades I don't see how this would be unfair to anyone participating in that tournament.
Cadence's AvatarCadence
Echoing Stevanae. As an IV breeder, this would be really helpful. My only question is how do you plan on making it work? Because I usually identify OT by glancing at the breeding pair. Mine usually have a destiny knot, and at a glance you can see names, evo stage, colors...etc. Therefore, instead of having a some type of mark or other indicator when you click view/adopt, it could show the parents of the egg. That way you can see if it’s your pair (for OT), if the egg is being IV or nature bred, or if that unown egg is the letter you’re hunting. ...or is that too different/bulky from what you’re looking for? Overall, I support the idea, I just want to know how you’re thinking of implementing it.
Sig and icon art by me
MariNee's AvatarMariNee
I support this 100%. I almost always nature hunt and this would help a lot!

QUOTE originally posted by Cadence

*snip* Therefore, instead of having a some type of mark or other indicator when you click view/adopt, it could show the parents of the egg. That way you can see if it’s your pair (for OT), if the egg is being IV or nature bred, or if that unown egg is the letter you’re hunting.
Having the parents showing would be, imo, too cluttered. Unless you're changing your pairs all the time, I don't see how it would be useful, as you already have control over the pair (Red String, Everstone). I think just a symbol, when you click the egg/poke, should be enough.
Grym's AvatarGrym
I don't see how this would affect those tournaments. You can already check who need the egg by opening a new tab or clicking it and checking before going back. This simply cuts out the extra step of leaving the shelter to check it. I wouldn't personally use it, i don't think. But I do see how useful it could be if breeding for IV or nature.
⚫ Avatar made by Dr.Devorak here Art thread 0
I like this idea. As was already stated, if when my melanistic Zorua hatches I would really like for it to have been a product of my precious Zoroark pair, so they could be a little family. Would make it mean all the more for me.
Rèal's sprite by Matamoja. Avatar of Rèal by safi.

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page