PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

OT Eggs

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 123456

nikao's Avatarnikao

QUOTE originally posted by skiddo

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

The problem then becomes how the bonus works - it just picks the first egg it can find, which is why if you look closely you might notice that the egg you're hunting that shows up on several pages is actually the same egg. So if the bonus triggers and you get the egg you're hunting, you'll find it's not bred by you, so you go back to reloading, and you find the egg again, and it's the same one not bred by you... That sounds like the opposite of quality-of-life ;)
Ohhhh, I see! I just tested that out, and yeaaa, I saw the same Nickit egg like ten times-- But, in a way, that's also why this suggestion would be helpful. Because either way, you'll be finding that egg again and again and again, so would it not be "quality of life" to have an easier way to disregard it? Eg: Without suggestion: Reload Shelter > See the "first" egg > Check summary > Check summary page > It's not bred by me > Reload Shelter > See the "first" egg again > Check summary > Check summary page > It's not bred by me > Reload Shelter > (repeat until you find your own eggs) With suggestion: Reload Shelter > See the "first" egg > Check summary > It's not bred by me > Reload Shelter > See the "first" egg again > Check summary > It's not bred by me > Reload Shelter > (repeat until you find your own eggs)
It seems that the problem with the same egg again and again after looking on there summary page, is for long chain hunts, or longer chains. But could be wrong with this thought. ...and is it not a new egg after a day or some h or so..so one could just wait it out when it really is the only egg there or just throw in some 20-40+eggs so you get higher chance to see more of the same breed poke egg and then can just click an new one and look for ot egg from there. But when i did use time to be free of my normal hunt for some time, and did hunt up some poke in iv, i breed for type race and released eggs, then found my eggs and those from other. Even when it was the only egg in this shelter group, the next one after refresh was often a new egg,.....only when there where only some eggs i found the same egg agaiin after some time... .... but for the poke i normaly hunt outside of this time, in my long chain from over 13k, it happens too when i hatch some in type race... i just find this one egg i clicked from it first... again and again till adopt, but so i can go over it and just not click it when i could see a little more easy that it is my, but with this i just breed more and release and get so more of my eggs into shelter to get better chance to see and find my ot egg without clicking this ...not right egg... In the moment i adopt 1 from my good eggs in daycare for each Party (6 or 12 when i have hm), and adopt just whatever with what i find in shelter,... as i just did give up after many many times trying to only adopt my eggs in shelter and look at them without loosing the right egg when going back from egg summary to shelter...so i atleast have one good egg each Party.....and as it is no fun loosing all hard breed iv...even more so for those i just try to breed up i just breed those i hatch with free daycare adopts ...and maybe some pass packs only when type race-weekly hunts, or HM...but i still look now and then to atleast try to find my eggs when not many or no user breed my poke, or what i often try to do is i just try to pick up all the eggs from my pokes breed, and then release eggs so i know i will find my eggs....till someone again throws there eggs in when they start to breed for some time...even when not so much as not much time right now^^ Sure we would still find the other eggs, but could see when it is ot egg, and would not always get nature we want, and even have to adopt one or other egg when there is not enough and we did not breed and release many, when there are not many and we have not good luck, like skiddo, Nightmon did say, we would just breed more, would have to click one time, to see the egg basic summary to see if ot or not and then go refresh the page. Still had to work to look at the eggs in shelter like we would do when we would look for a poke wanted nature....when we dont care about iv( but with poke you atleast got gender-nature-level to make a difference and very good chance to find it again...eggs dont have this^^), but we would just breed more and release them as there is a little better chance to really see ones own egg without loosing it between 10 of the same in shelter again after going back to shelter.But there is something that Shows an ot egg... or when more easy poke and there egg.... I think nobody wants free things or way to easy things like flashing bright coloured sparkly egg that shows your ot egg...even when this would be crazy funy to see^^ but maybe a little thing that shows that the egg-poke breed by you, like you see nature and gender and such when clicking an egg?! one little thing that makes live and game a little more easy. That would be real lovely....^///^ .
🐾 Please support this suggestion from me^_^ support: show upvoted really as up-voted I do look for high or perfect iv poke,love for free or trade/swap...i do trade or swap for high iv poke or perfect pidove^^ with iv friends an friends i like to gift 5-6iv after hunts^_^ ->can trade s-a iv pidove, for zc-gp or credit .
flürrawr's Avatarflürrawr
not to beat a dead horse, but if the reason this is rejected is because of an actual coding issue, then why not....say that?? there's literally no need to say "well if you aren't willing to take 15 minutes trying to adopt a party of eggs by checking if they're your OT, then maybe you shouldn't nature/iv hunt." like...huh? there's absolutely no need to be rude, just say this currently isn't possible with the way the shelter stores data. especially since the site is going for more transparency, as stated in the newest update.
söbble's Avatarsöbble

QUOTE originally posted by Amanome

The timeline information is what reveals who the OT is. If you want to figure it out, then check it. If you don't want to put the time and effort into opening another tab to check an egg to see if it was bred by you, then maybe Nature/IV hunting isn't for you. Moving to rejected.
Accidentally upvoted this when trying to quote, y I k e. Anyway, maybe this is true-ish when hunting on PC, as you can always open another tab with just a hotkey and click. You can also use the code to highlight eggs easily on a PC with tampermonkey. However, on a phone this is absolutely not true. For harder to find eggs (for me, for example, I can't see a gible egg to save my life especially on a small screen) you might skip several. After you've skipped several eggs, you find one, you need to hit it, then open it, then either open in new tab (and navigate to that tab) or open it in your current tab and then go back to the shelter. It is a headache and a half. Not to mention, internet is much slower on phones. So you can't highlight eggs as easily. It takes anywhere from 4-6 clicks per egg and that's if you can even find them. You're eating extra data. Taking extra time (especially with shoddy data connections or wifi connections) for no reason. Something that could easily be two clicks. As stated above, if this is an issue that simply can't be coded in, I understand. It's inconvenient but we'll just have to live with it, I know that's too much coding to redo an entire system just for one QOL feature. I will also agree with the above that your post also reads as though you're rejecting this qol suggestion because you think people who want this implemented are lazy. Which is super counterproductive. Some of our best qol things could have never been added under that criteria. If you're too lazy to take 'mons out to feed them sweet hearts, then maybe breeding isn't for you. If you're too lazy to click with a mouse instead of hotkeys, maybe this game isn't for you. See how ridiculous and rude that sounds? Not helpful. I also don't understand why the bonus can't just pull a random egg... Honestly, I thought that's just how it worked. I haven't noticed the same egg appearing over and over again and blocking all other eggs of the same type forever.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
Nightmøn's AvatarNightmøn
What about Unown egg? Do the bonus count the letter, or would it pull out a unown egg undependant of its letter? If it's the case, that an even better reason to implemente this suggestion because of the unique way it work. It would made hunt easier in general, but also made unown hunt a bit less frustrating that it already is.
My first language is french! So sorry in advance for misunderstanding xD Profile picture made by myself! Gacha for DCP!

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page