PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 651652653654655··· 748749750

Novan-chan's AvatarNovan-chan

QUOTE originally posted by Tikru97

I noticed that Zarude is missing it's vines from it's arms. Is this intentional? Also the inside of the hand is grey instead of white like in the picture. The sprite has the same grey colour for the stomach and the inside of it's hand.

Zarude

Official art
Hiyo, hopefully i can clear that bit up. The palm is actually the same grey as the face, not white. Since the palm is facing downwards and in the shadows, we’ve used a darker gray to reflect that. It may be a bit dark but the palm is facing away from the light, so it make sense. The lack of Vines on Zarude's arms are intentional. While I was researching an getting references to sprite Zarude, I found that there was a special Promo Card that released with the movie, featuring a number of Zarude with vines placed in different spots on their bodies. And I decided to work on making the vines fit to reflect that. Because making 1 sprite an being done with it wasn't enough for me. /j There's some back end stuff that needs to be worked for the vine versions can be released on site. It'll just be a bit, so hold tight ^^
credits
Novan-Chan and all forms of her belong to me Avatar of Novan is made by me for my use only!
KaiserMeowser's AvatarKaiserMeowser
Aww, the new fakemon is totally adorable and I love the idea & design for it. The mallet is such a cool item xD Kinda makes me think of the Chinese mythology about the moon rabbit and all that~ The sprite is also really nicely done, really love the starry-sky parts and the colors c: Though.. Yet another rabbit-based Pokémon? We've now got 5 designs based off of bunnies. Don't get me wrong, they're all great! But, I dunno, seems a bit excessive to have 5 o: If anyone hasn't thought about it, we've got Bunbori, the Taiveret line, the Slypin line, the Minibbit line and now the Lunamor line. Then again, it's not like there's no other duplicate design-sources :d Here's a list of similarly classed fakemon. 6 dog/canines: Lunupine, Kinaster, Kitsunari, Kenyip, Puppod, Frusky 1 cats/felines: Solynx 6 birds: Faemueño, Gosold, Luckoo, Petripeep, Rokiwi, Goschief 4 reptiles: Wagell, Tillink, Caimaw, Flurrawr 7 bugs: Arasprit, Phastix, Klaatupillar, Maravol, Selkrub, Kitwurm, Aphreyd 6 fish/aquatic: Blophin, Hydrark, Bezerell, Skeleco, Kyutopi, Alicalf 5 deer/equine: Ardik, Pasovan, Glaquine, Shinorin, Sikannos 3 draconic: Impyre, Searene, Gragon 2 objects: Kryptik, Mocknock 3 plants: Gumairy, Pepyre, Parapod(?) 13 others: Boxaby, Flarbat, Quetzephyr, Pixrine, Bandicoon, Ayeren, Valkind, Kawotor, Valimp, Skyrie, Tenrekki, Caprikid, Croaket Unsure of what to do with this information though but it's there to look at xD
EDIT: Wow, I can't count! We have 5 rabbit-based Pokémon lines, not 4!
Cháösity's AvatarCháösity

QUOTE originally posted by KaiserMeowser

Aww, the new fakemon is totally adorable and I love the idea & design for it. The mallet is such a cool item xD Kinda makes me think of the Chinese mythology about the moon rabbit and all that~ The sprite is also really nicely done, really love the starry-sky parts and the colors c: Though.. Yet another rabbit-based Pokémon? We've now got 4 designs based off of bunnies. Don't get me wrong, they're all great! But, I dunno, seems a bit excessive to have 4 o: If anyone hasn't thought about it, we've got Bunbori, the Taiveret line, the Slypin line, the Minibbit line and now the Lunamor line. Then again, it's not like there's no other duplicate design-sources :d Here's a list of similarly classed fakemon. 6 dog/canines: Lunupine, Kinaster, Kitsunari, Kenyip, Puppod, Frusky 1 cats/felines: Solynx 6 birds: Faemueño, Gosold, Luckoo, Petripeep, Rokiwi, Goschief 4 reptiles: Wagell, Tillink, Caimaw, Flurrawr 7 bugs: Arasprit, Phastix, Klaatupillar, Maravol, Selkrub, Kitwurm, Aphreyd 6 fish/aquatic: Blophin, Hydrark, Bezerell, Skeleco, Kyutopi, Alicalf 5 deer/equine: Ardik, Pasovan, Glaquine, Shinorin, Sikannos 3 draconic: Impyre, Searene, Gragon 2 objects: Kryptik, Mocknock 3 plants: Gumairy, Pepyre, Parapod(?) 13 others: Boxaby, Flarbat, Quetzephyr, Pixrine, Bandicoon, Ayeren, Valkind, Kawotor, Valimp, Skyrie, Tenrekki, Caprikid, Croaket Unsure of what to do with this information though but it's there to look at xD
I agree with this and would like to point out that these are specifically bunnies, not just generally in the same family like most of the other fakemon. The only other that seems repeated as much is dog/canine. The birds are different kinds of birds, the aquatic ones are different species, the bugs are different, the deer are different and the reptiles are different. But the bunny fakemon are all seemingly just bunnies. I don't know much about bunny breeds, but they're not typically very different from one another and it just seems odd to be constantly making bunny based fakemon. They're adorable and whatnot but it's starting to feel redundant. (Nothing against the sprinters and their work, it's great.)
• ᴠᴀɴɪᴛʏ • • δA/M Charks UFS
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü
I would agree with the above statements if the bunny releases were more back to back, but the last one was Slypin back in 2019 - so it has been 2 years, unless you include the Mega Terabbit Q we recieved this year which...Personally I don't but to each their own. Though it seems Bunbori and Taiveret were both released the same year, so that would be something to call a bit much but honestly it has been 2 years since a bun as I stated, so I'm not really sure I can agree with the everything as I said. Also there are loads of different types of rabbits, there are plenty of differences between them feel free to look it up! This one seems to be based on a Lop breed (Can't say for sure which one) but those happen to be my favorites so maybe thats why this exclusive has ended up being my favorite fakemon yet. Though, it is easy to say a rabbit/bunny is just that and there's no differences because most are the same size so it's difficult to see the differences there are indeed some :>
------------------- -------------------
credit
F2U code by Gumshoe Edited by me with permission Further credits in "About Me"
Lawless's AvatarLawless
Just chiming in with my info about rabbits LOL It does appear the new one is based on a lop, however, most rabbits kinda look the same and the thing that really is different between them is the size/color/fur type which doesn't really translate well outside of seeing them irl. Like mini rex rabbits are very very soft, but they look like every other rabbit in apperance until you touch them. The only rabbits that look different really to the "standard" look are Lionhead, Angora, Lops, Teddybear(?) I think is what it was called, and maybe a dwarf but that's it from what I remember I do really like the new pokemon, it's design is really cute, the spritework is really nice as well, but there's only so much you can do with rabbits compared to other animals in the future. I'm just a bit disappointed we finaly get another mythical pokemon for the site, and it's another fairy bunny when we have bunbori.
Jayden | Ghost | Vivillon Enthusiast
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 96 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Electric
Happiness MAX
Docile nature
Lucky Seal

Lucky Seal

Account Upgrade

(: 0)

[LEGACY] Stick this Seal to a Treasure Box, and it is guaranteed to contain a Summon Item! One-time use.

Legacy items are old items that no longer serve a purpose and are only good for collecting.

Sells for 10,000

Lv. 100 — +1,908,822
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Psychic
Happiness MAX
Sassy nature
x 4 / 200
Collecting for Koko hunt!
x 9 / 1000
Collecting for Articuno hunt!
flürrawr's Avatarflürrawr
it's funny cuz i remember someone said literally the exact same thing when slypin came out - "why another rabbit?" i don't get it?? they look nothing alike. saying they're all "just rabbits" is nonsense. lunupine and frusky are more similar than any two of the rabbit mons but nobody complains about "too many dogs". lunamor is the first with lop ears even, like i dunno how anyone can claim it's redundant in any case cute babby bun, i for one am grateful that exclusives are making up for the lack of canon rabbits (that actually look like rabbits)
GnarleyQuinn's AvatarGnarleyQuinn
We don't have any llamas
shop & dexing ♦️ journal (see for credits) my lucky sparkly charm (sprite permission) - avatar credit in journal
Mikkü's AvatarMikkü

QUOTE originally posted by Lawless

I'm just a bit disappointed we finaly get another mythical pokemon for the site, and it's another fairy bunny when we have bunbori.
This I can understand as you said it's another fairy bunny so I would have definitely liked if this wasn't mythical, but I can't really agree with other statements made about it being redudant just because it's another rabbit. Why weren't things said about other exclusives that were repeat animals? Why now? & As Flurrawr said, similar things were said about Sylpin, so why is it rabbits that people seem to be upset about? There are also some non-animal exclusives that have been extremely questionable but everyone seemed to like them. Is it the simplicity (Not saying simplicity is bad)? There have been more simplistic ones, it's fine if you don't vibe with this exclusive everyones right to their opinion on it of course, I just don't really agree with Buns being overdone?
Lawless's AvatarLawless

QUOTE originally posted by Glacegoss

QUOTE originally posted by Lawless

I'm just a bit disappointed we finaly get another mythical pokemon for the site, and it's another fairy bunny when we have bunbori.
This I can understand as you said it's another fairy bunny so I would have definitely liked if this wasn't mythical, but I can't really agree with other statements made about it being redudant just because it's another rabbit. Why weren't things said about other exclusives that were repeat animals? Why now? & As Flurrawr said, similar things were said about Sylpin, so why is it rabbits that people seem to be upset about? There are also some non-animal exclusives that have been extremely questionable but everyone seemed to like them. Is it the simplicity (Not saying simplicity is bad)? There have been more simplistic ones, it's fine if you don't vibe with this exclusive everyones right to their opinion on it of course, I just don't really agree with Buns being overdone?
Ah, sorry wasn't really meaning to seem like I dislike the bunnies or am tired of them but I just feel like rabbits don't have a ton of potential compared to other animals so they end up looking similar most of the time. Not really saying I don't want more, just want them to keep having more of a variety. Like I really like Lunamor, it's very cute and looks different from the other bunnies, I think it's a good addition and hope the next ones are also take from the different looking breeds. Honestly, I think the real disappointment for me personally is they all (besides bunbori) evolve into a 2 legged humanoid rabbits. Astrolochi isn't bad, but I think it woulda been cooler if it evolved into another bigger lop that sat on all 4s instead of another skinny rabbit with standing ears
KaiserMeowser's AvatarKaiserMeowser

QUOTE originally posted by Glacegoss

... Why now? & As Flurrawr said, similar things were said about Sylpin, so why is it rabbits that people seem to be upset about?
Gonna pop in and say that I'm of the opinion that please no more fakemon based off of dogs/canines. We've so many already and I feel like there's not much to do with them at this point x_x The amount of bird-based 'mons is also a little on the ehh side. Like, it's not too noticeable since most regions have more than just a couple birds lines. There's also a lot more to draw from with all the different types of birds that exist. Same with bug, fish/aquatic and reptile based designs. Perhaps people are getting a bit bored of the bunnies since out of 8 regions, there's only 3 or 4 canonically (Buneary, Bunnelby, Scorbunny, does Azumarill count?) and now we've gotten 5 in the PFQ "region"? I'd definitely love to see more inanimate object or plant based designs! "Nonsense"/abstract kinds of designs would be cool too. Think of Jigglypuff, Audino, Timburr, Pawniard, Castform, etc. that aren't really obviously based off of any animal or such, if that explanation makes sense?

Pages: 123··· 651652653654655··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page