PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 652653654655656··· 746747748

LadyElemental's AvatarLadyElemental
Dogs are amazing. The new Fakemon is really cute and I love how it's also galaxy themed. The artists have done amazing work on not only this, but also the other Galar 'mons. I appreciate your work so much!! Thank you!!
Background done by Golden Tempest. Sprites are official. This banner is for Lady Elemental's use.
Made by BlackBlood1872, more banners here
Mirica199's AvatarMirica199
I love how it looks like Totem Porygon-Z has a permanent 'I'm so done with this' face I love this new Totem!
new to forums, still learning I like to talk about magical animals called Pokemon can get emotional easily but that's ok since I love you all anyway my icon is from Pokemon Cafe Mix btw! Such a cute game~

QUOTE originally posted by KaiserMeowser

-snip- I'd definitely love to see more inanimate object or plant based designs! "Nonsense"/abstract kinds of designs would be cool too. Think of Jigglypuff, Audino, Timburr, Pawniard, Castform, etc. that aren't really obviously based off of any animal or such, if that explanation makes sense?
Pawniard and Bisharp are based on chess pieces (pawn and bishop), and are vaguely humanoid like Jynx, Tyrogue line, Machop line, Ralts line, Makuhita line, Timburr line, Mr Mime & Mr Rime, etc. I feel like even the Elekid and Magby lines are more human based than animal based. I agree about more abstract designs like Jigglypuff, Audino, Castform, etc. Or something like Slowpoke, Slowbro, and Lickitung that are believable "animals". I'm also a fan of the object designs like Litwick, Klink, Klefki, Pumpkaboo, Kryptik, Mocknock & Portalgeist.
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
GnarleyQuinn's AvatarGnarleyQuinn

QUOTE originally posted by Alchemist's Fire

QUOTE originally posted by KaiserMeowser

-snip- I'd definitely love to see more inanimate object or plant based designs! "Nonsense"/abstract kinds of designs would be cool too. Think of Jigglypuff, Audino, Timburr, Pawniard, Castform, etc. that aren't really obviously based off of any animal or such, if that explanation makes sense?
Pawniard and Bisharp are based on chess pieces (pawn and bishop), and are vaguely humanoid like Jynx, Tyrogue line, Machop line, Ralts line, Makuhita line, Timburr line, Mr Mime & Mr Rime, etc. I feel like even the Elekid and Magby lines are more human based than animal based. I agree about more abstract designs like Jigglypuff, Audino, Castform, etc. Or something like Slowpoke, Slowbro, and Lickitung that are believable "animals". I'm also a fan of the object designs like Litwick, Klink, Klefki, Pumpkaboo, Kryptik, Mocknock & Portalgeist.
Magby is a duck. I'm convinced. I, too, also love the abstract designs. Like trubbish lol Like, let's take some trash and make it a pokemon. And Missing No (I know a glitch, but it's canon.) Minior is also one of my favorites (fun fact: my first melan), Bergmite, Sandygast, Cosmog even. What about pokemon based on cryptids and creepy pasta? Loch Ness Monster, Bigfoot, Chupacabra, Siren Head, Slenderman, Mothman, etc. And besides llamas, we need an angler fish pokemon.
shop & dexing ♦️ journal (see for credits) my lucky sparkly charm (sprite permission) - avatar credit in journal

QUOTE originally posted by GnarleyQuinn

And besides llamas, we need an angler fish pokemon.
(sad lanturn noises)
  • Misc.
  • Important Mons
i'm mike. it/its. credits | journal | art showcase (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ︵ ┻━┻ will buy these
PurpleTiger's AvatarPurpleTiger

QUOTE originally posted by mikestarprince

(sad lanturn noises)
*sad bezermuut noises*
Profile picture by me! Animation Commissions OPEN! (15+) My batty babies: Bat drawings by TheSoapyDolphin
GnarleyQuinn's AvatarGnarleyQuinn

QUOTE originally posted by PurpleTiger

(sad lanturn noises)
*sad bezermuut noises*
oof you guys are right.. I didn't count bezerell because it's a tadpole. I mean an angler fish with no legs. But you're right about chinchou/lanturn.. Those are too happy looking. I want some big mean teeth on it.

(sad lanturn noises)
*sad bezermuut noises*
oof you guys are right.. I didn't count bezerell because it's a tadpole. I mean an angler fish with no legs. But you're right about chinchou/lanturn.. Those are too happy looking. I want some big mean teeth on it.
Yeah honestly I really like anglerfish, but i feel like a scary anglefish exclusive would just look like a fusion of bezermuut and phantiidae I want a crustacean exclusive :o like a shrimp or starfish another cool water idea is like,, a jellyfish or siphonophore

another cool water idea is like,, a jellyfish or siphonophore
(sad tentacool, frillish, and nihilego noises) ok snarkiness aside XD i agree about the siphonophore thing. i'm imagining, like, they're true to siphonophores IRL and they're little individual pokemon functioning as one. a portuguese man o' war specifically would be cool, especially since they're the more popular choice for a siphonophore. as for the rabbit thing. honestly i don't think it's too excessive, but i do like that lunamor is quadrupedal instead of being the 1200th bipedal rabbit pokemon out there. (even tho astrolochi... is bipedal XD) i do think it's odd that we have two fakemon rabbit mythicals who are both based on something to do with the night sky without any obvious lore connecting the two (like counterparts, etc). slypin and taiveret are unique enough ideas that i honestly don't mind having them both. like, rabbits being associated with magicians, and rabbits boxing their front paws when they're fighting, those are really cool things to turn into a pokemon. (yes i know we also have minibbit.) but for the canine fakemon we have..? eh... we're kinda too used to dogs Just Being Dogs as pokemon, considering that we already have a bunch of canon dog pokemon already, with very little new ideas that go into them. it's not just an issue with pfq's exclusives but canon as well. anyway i agree with the point that kaisermeowser brought up of more abstract animal-like pokemon like jigglypuff. there's a lot of gen 1 pokemon that are... very vague when it comes to what animal they're based on. like you could make connections here and there (like interpreting nidoran and wigglytuff as rabbits), but they're not obviously one thing and it leaves a lot of creative room. idk where i'm going with this i'm just rambling because i agree with some points brought up and wanna give my own opinions

another cool water idea is like,, a jellyfish or siphonophore
(sad tentacool, frillish, and nihilego noises)
I meant there was no jellyfish exclusive mons yet. xP Anyway, yeah I personally really like lunamor, kinda iffy on its evolution because every fully-evolved bunny is bipedal at this point. Was a little disappointed with the colors on the specials for lunamor but ehh who cares. The space bun is SO CUTE and I love bunny pokemon, I agree that there's probably too many of them exclusive-wise at this point tho.

Pages: 123··· 652653654655656··· 746747748

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page