PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 434435436437438··· 748749750

söbble's Avatarsöbble
I literally agree with BananaLizard, I said so above. The only thing I disagreed with was the one specific sentence that I POINTED OUT and specifically quoted. I also said it's not acceptable to be uncivil. I also pointed out a way that this problem could potentially be avoided in the future and that the art team could possibly avoid backlash. I'm not even unhappy with any sprites in the update? It's just food for thought. I like most all of the changes. It doesn't matter if work is volunteer work - if you do it for an employer, and I pay that employer, you and I are working together. I'd like to point out I don't even HAVE any Hoenn Melanw and, though I dislike the new albino style, I've specifically praised the albino this update in general over and over. My post was not a comment on anything else - ONLY the specific point I posted. Nothing else.
× 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
KAKarma's AvatarKAKarma
I really hope that the one post I did wasn't hurtful as I tried my best to word it in a way that it was not offencive/ to get across the feelings without harm. I apologize for any harm the staff may have from these all as I for one rally apreciate the hard work you put in no matter what my opinion on the sprites apperances is. I do have to ask, is there anywhere we can find the old sprites? I want to save a couple so I can use them as refs for drawing the 'charaters' I imagined up for a few of the pokemon I hunted/planned to hunt.
303/350
654/2100
2533/3200
Collecting the above.
AxelBby's AvatarAxelBby
the old sprites are on the wiki if you click on the pokemon
Avatar drawn by https://pokefarm.com/user/Breadkureiji Check out our trade shop
Vaporias's AvatarVaporias

QUOTE originally posted by AxelBby

Well the ones prior to this update, the wiki incident kind of... got rid of the other older sprites from before prior updates. Wonder if one can retrieve them via wayback machine... I do like this update btw, Hoenn's my home region so it's all good~

QUOTE originally posted by Aquamarine96

QUOTE originally posted by AxelBby

Well the ones prior to this update, the wiki incident kind of... got rid of the other older sprites from before prior updates. Wonder if one can retrieve them via wayback machine... I do like this update btw, Hoenn's my home region so it's all good~
Most of the older images, yes; the old Hoenn sprites are still there, if ya wanna take a peek

Current Type Race Score: 0

Even if I'm offline for an extended period of time, that does not mean I lose intrest.
70% of the world thinks Warrior Cats is stupid. 25% say: "Who cares?". Repost if you are part of that 5% that would take a hard cover copy of Warrior Cats and slap the other people saying: "STARCLAN IS OUT FOR REVENGE!”
Avatar is by me Please visit the Vivillon Breeders' Directory to see which users hatch which Vivillon Pattern, or the Maravol Breeders' Directory for the Maravol patterns. Consider joining the Mythbusters PFQ Division! My Hero Academia: Wider World is looking for peospective students!
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
e_e I don't understand. Why are the art staff being confused as developers? They don't own the game. They can't scream at Niet to have these features put in place, nor can you really push your idea of the game onto a developer who has worked hard to create something in the image they want. That's not cool either. That's when games start to drift from developer's dream to something they don't enjoy anymore. I just, what. They're not 'employed' they're not 'working for the man', they are volunteers who are allowed to come and go as they please. Lol they literally don't owe anyone anything, just like I can just go 'peace out' and walk out. I don't because their my friends and I want to help Niet and Garthic achieve their dream.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.
MossDragon's AvatarMossDragon
brindlefinch, even if you try comparing the said argument with paying, I feel like you're missing out on the main point of the message here, that is saying "gkfdhghfds i hate these new colours you ruined the game for me it's ugly!!1!" is not constructive argument, it doesn't contribute in any way to the art staff. You can explain what you dislike about the sprite in such a nicer way without making art staff feel miserable. They're not poking the bear, there's no bear poking, I'm not saying that you have to carefully word why you dislike new recolour like you're writing an essay that's a fail or pass for your class, but why is it so hard to understand that the staff have feelings and they spend all this time trying to stick to a certain colour criteria they've set up for themselves while still trying to please everybody? That they're doing all of this out of their free will for free for this community? Why does asking for politeness has to be received in such harsh way? As BananaLizard pointed out, you are free to dislike artist's work, but using nicer words than "its ugly i hate you so much" can go a long way. If you wish to go further down with the money argument, it's been known for a very long time that sprite revamps will be happening and that they most likely won't be same as old sprites, it's been said multiple times. And if you were worried about potentially not liking a new sprite, you could have gone against hunting that particular Pokemon and moved onto another hunt. As for spending real money to support hunt on a Melan you don't like due to revamp, you can just as well sell it for real money to get back what you gave. Sure, in some case you may not earn all the money back, but in same hypotetical way, you could just as well get all the money back, if not even more.
collecting: ShopCredsTemplates ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
Joshua Kiryu's AvatarJoshua Kiryu

QUOTE originally posted by brindlefinch

A melan hunt could literally take a user longer to do than the entire revamp of Hoenn took the art team.
im not even going to justify this with a response, just. lmao. the myopia is real
100/∞ || Shop Journal || Free Art
Ultra power bar 4.03%
söbble's Avatarsöbble
Whatever, y'all. I was only speaking on one point and I was praising the art staff and saying it was bad to be rude to them, but, go off, I guess.
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
AHH MELAN BUZZWOLE

Pages: 123··· 434435436437438··· 748749750

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page