PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion >

Pages: 123··· 433434435436437··· 749750751

AxelBby's AvatarAxelBby
grandmaster.pngb.png
I believe it hasnt been updated. thats the old one
Avatar drawn by https://pokefarm.com/user/Breadkureiji Check out our trade shop
dorumon210's Avatardorumon210
master.pngd+.png
I know they did it due to community feedback but I'm really dissappointed that they changed the albino swablu line from green to pink. I loved the green birbs and planned to do an albino hunt for them. I may still do one since the pink works pretty well but I'll miss the green so much. ;-;
PurpleTiger's AvatarPurpleTiger
grandmaster.pngc.png
oh man! thank thank you so much for making melan swablu black/dark gray bodied again!! im so happy about that, mostly because black birds are awesome and clouds are my favorite things not a super helpful or critical post but uh, yeah
Profile picture by me! Animation Commissions OPEN! (15+) My batty babies: Bat drawings by TheSoapyDolphin
Gwafaiai's AvatarGwafaiai
grandmaster.pngc.png
....it’s not? It’s green? Unless they changed it again and I have to cache reset
Ange ✦ She/They ✦
agender pan
journalshop
F2U code by Colorful
Hoard:t.png|2.png| Buying:summon_ete.png | summon_hup.png |
Poison Deltas
dorumon210's Avatardorumon210
master.pngd+.png
@Remilia It was green when they first updated Hoenn but then changed it to pink soon after supposedly because of community feedback.
Gwafaiai's AvatarGwafaiai
grandmaster.pngc.png
Ohh, I was asking tiger about the melan, it’s still green so I was confused, sorry for the confusion!
BananaLizard's Avatarhypermode-12.pngBananaLizard
graphics404.pngbooster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pngss.png
Hi there, I realize I'm staff and everything, but can I speak as a person, as a human being with emotions and feelings? I can? Good, thank you. First off, I will try to speak only for myself, not the other staff/ users. I've been dreading the release of hoenn's update for months now. Not because I don't think people will like it, but because of the hurtful way people respond with knee-jerk reactions of hate. Usually I'm pretty steeled against the comments, but this time, you guys succeeded in bringing me to tears. I'm an artist, my work gets critiqued all the time, but not like this, not in a way that makes me feel like giving up on art completely. Is that fair? Is it fair of you guys to push me to that extent of a breaking point? And for what? So you can say you hate something instead of that you dislike it? To say that we're ruining your sprites? Gee, that's not demotivating... More and more I find myself asking, why bother? Why do the art for ungrateful users? Now, I'm not expecting everyone to love the work that gets done, and there is often the possibility of room for improvement, but you guys respond so quickly to any change with hate and disgust, it's hard to pick out the actual feedback. Try looking at it from my perspective, if you worked hard on something, and people responded with flat out hating it and saying you were ruining it, how would you feel? I imagine after a while, it'd wear on you too. It's okay not to like something. I don't like mushrooms, but if someone cooked me a meal with mushrooms, I'm not gonna say I hate mushrooms, maybe that I dislike them, but not that I hate them. Also, you're not comissioning these sprites. This isn't a case of me doing work for a specific person, this is me doing volunteer work for a specific purpose, with specific guidelines. Please try to remember that, just because you pay for things to get zc or to hunt, that doesn't make you a commissioner, that makes you a customer, sure, but I'm a customer too. What gives you the right to make me feel like trash, when you proceed to rip my work to shreds in a non-constructive way. Yes, I may be staff, but I have the same rights as you do, and I should be given the same respect that I give to you. Far as I'm aware, I don't come at you guys with hostile speech and hateful words, why is it okay for you to do that to me? Am I less of a person because I'm staff? Again, you guys are allowed to not like my work, but please, please, please, be polite about it. I do have feelings, and yes, they can be crushed and crumpled under the weight of your words.
MossDragon's Avatarhypermode-12.pngMossDragon
hypermode.pnggrandmaster.pnga.png
First of all, I'm loving the new Albinos and Melans, there's so many good ones (Albino Dustox, Exploud, Delcatty Numel line, Swablu line, Melan Torchic line, Exploud again, Seviper, I could go on *insert that grinch's short happy scream*) The minty Albino Altaria was really growing on me, but this pink albino is just as nice aaah it's so hard to make up my mind! And I must say I'm glad the Melan Altaria got updated as well. I didn't mind old one at all, I was okay with the dark red skin, but in my eyes, wings were a bit too stark contrast compared to skin, but new dark greenblue skin compliment gray-pink wings much better! Onto things I've noticed may be off or missing: New Mega Sceptile sprite: The round seed thing on its back, I personally think that one more seed can be added/visible at the shoulder height, it'd only be a few pixels visible, but still feels like it's missing right now. A visual representation of where I mean. (screenshoted from wiki just for comparison) Melan Masquerain: compared to Shiny, I feel like it could have slightly more distinguishable colours? The red face mark it has on a Shiny, it could maybe be more visible, Melan's is a bit hard to notice, I feel like it could have a bit bolder distinction, but I understand it's harder as it's a Melan. Melan Relicanth: Similar to Melan Masquerain, I feel like its eye could have a bit stronger contrast compared to the body. Not to a degree the old Melan had, just a little bit more distinguishable? Also there seems a small mix up in Wiki with Albino Deoxys' formes, Attack and Speed Deoxys have swapped places, if any wiki editors are reading this (I don't dare to work with Wiki, sorry orz) So sorry about this bad timing, I've written this almost 2 hours ago but forgot to post it until now.
collecting: summon_zek.png m.png ShopCredsTemplates b.png ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆ ❆
söbble's Avatarsöbble
master.pngc+.png
I agree with most of what you said, BananaLizard, but not the "you're not commissioning," these sprites part. Many of us pay this site - that you are contracted to and working for, therefore your employer - with real money. To recieve sprites we like in return. Personally, a hunt could take me $50+ USD. And countless hours and countless amounts of physical work. A melan hunt could literally take a user longer to do than the entire revamp of Hoenn took the art team. People get hostile because you do not even make an effort to ask what people who work so hard to get these sprites like about them. And, often, you end up taking away the only features of a sprite the people who worked so hard to get them like. It's not okay to be uncivil, but... You have to admit that changing sprites people spent months of their lives, perhaps hundreds of dollars, on with making NO effort to maintain the spirit of the originals at all... You're basically poking a bear with a stick and then being like, why did it bite me??? Maybe if the art staff tried to maintain some features of old sprites, they'd be better received as a whole. Look at albino zigzagoon - it even won ME over and I dislike the new albino style so much. Because you went out of your way to keep a similar color scheme. And it worked.
summon_vir.png × 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
G0ne's AvatarG0ne
grandmaster.pnga.png
Brindle you are aware that the staff are volunteers, right? Their job isn't to cater to our every want and desire, its to get their job done. The job is to redesign and recolor sprites to be more consistent and physically accurate. Honestly, disregarding how I have felt, I couldn't really care less if they redid any sprites now, that post was extremely rude. They work hard for FREE and don't need this hostility. Everyone has been made aware that staff welcome constructive criticism and that, was just, anything but. I understand you are upset the melans you worked hard for are different, but saying what you just did, that doesn't help anything or anyone. Liz already mentioned she was upset and brought to tears. I am sure the feeling is mutual with some of her coworkers. That post is not how that is fixed, or apologized for. Totally uncool e.e I, for one, and sorry @art team, about the stuff being said. People are passionate but sometimes it blinds them.

Pages: 123··· 433434435436437··· 749750751

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page