PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Sprite Discovery Discussion

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Sprite Discovery Discussion >

söbble's Avatarsöbble
master.pngc+.png
I agree with most of what you said, BananaLizard, but not the "you're not commissioning," these sprites part. Many of us pay this site - that you are contracted to and working for, therefore your employer - with real money. To recieve sprites we like in return. Personally, a hunt could take me $50+ USD. And countless hours and countless amounts of physical work. A melan hunt could literally take a user longer to do than the entire revamp of Hoenn took the art team. People get hostile because you do not even make an effort to ask what people who work so hard to get these sprites like about them. And, often, you end up taking away the only features of a sprite the people who worked so hard to get them like. It's not okay to be uncivil, but... You have to admit that changing sprites people spent months of their lives, perhaps hundreds of dollars, on with making NO effort to maintain the spirit of the originals at all... You're basically poking a bear with a stick and then being like, why did it bite me??? Maybe if the art staff tried to maintain some features of old sprites, they'd be better received as a whole. Look at albino zigzagoon - it even won ME over and I dislike the new albino style so much. Because you went out of your way to keep a similar color scheme. And it worked.
summon_vir.png × 0 / 1000
icon by kuromori!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page