PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Sprite Permission Request Thread

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123··· 56789··· 919293

Eggy's AvatarEggy
Hey, I hope I'm allowed to ask here, but if not then I apologize... I just noticed the "October 2016" tab is missing from the OP, and I'm fairly certain it was there before because there were permissions given to people during that time (me included). Was this a mistake, or were those permissions revoked? I figure it's the former as I don't see why they would be revoked, but I'd just like to be 100% sure. Thanks! :)
Signature is to be refactored Avatar: Made by Res0nare
Rainbowtail's AvatarRainbowtail
I'm confused about a few things. Apologies if this ends up being a long post. I have a sprite shop over on another site. Users have been requesting splices of melan and albino Pokemon from this shop since it opened. At first I didn't know they were from this site and assumed they were coloured by them. When I learned they were from PokeFarm, I joined, and tried my best to read through the rules to see if these were allowed. Here is what I found, from the Full Details section on the home page. Eggs, Gen VI and Exclusive Pokémon sprites custom-made by our outstanding spriters and © PokéFarm Q 2013-2016. Not seeing melan or albino sprites in that list, I proceeded to continue allowing people to make these requests. Recently I realized that this thread exists however, and I see it does mention melans and albinos. In light of this, I was going to recolour my splices that used these sprites and discontinue allowing people to make requests with them. However... I then read through this thread and found a few posts that seem to indicate that albinos and melans are just a colour scheme and are okay to use without being granted permission. Is it okay for me to continue allowing people to make requests with melan and albino sprites, or should I recolour the ones that have been produced and stop allowing this? Thank you very much, and I apologize for any copyright infringement. It was not intended and I thought I'd done my homework on if it was okay to use the recoloured sprites from here. Here are the splices I have made that utilize the albino or melan sprites.
Sei's AvatarSei

QUOTE originally posted by Dekï

Hello! I was wondering if I may recolor/edit the Mega Mightyena, Mega Lugia, Arurous and melanistic Tyranitar, all for personal use~!
I formally grant permission to edit/recolor the Mega Mightyena, Mega Lugia, and Aurorus sprites for the purpose of personal recolors and sprite edits. Permission is indefinite. Permission does not extend past what was stated. Permission given 7/NOV/2016. Please include a screenshot of this permission post where you credit artwork (ie: journal post, signature, about me). As for the melan tyranitar, we can't exactly copyright a color xD

QUOTE originally posted by Eggy

Hey, I hope I'm allowed to ask here, but if not then I apologize... I just noticed the "October 2016" tab is missing from the OP, and I'm fairly certain it was there before because there were permissions given to people during that time (me included). Was this a mistake, or were those permissions revoked? I figure it's the former as I don't see why they would be revoked, but I'd just like to be 100% sure. Thanks! :)
Oh dear. I accidentally overwrote the october tab with november. That's my bad. GG Sei. Permission isn't revoked! I'll re-add the tab. @Rainbowtail: Garthic will be replying to you shortly <3
@rainbowtail, We can't copyright a colour palette. That would be silly. Now, what we do hold copyright to is the sprites that we have personally made. This means anything that is Gen 6 and onwards / PFQ exclusives (including costumes etc). So if anyone has requested a Gen 6 splice then... That's copyright infringement. However, it's not copyright infringement on your part. It's copyright infringement on their part. They need permission to get the thing - not you. So you don't need to worry. Don't get me wrong, we'd really appreciate it if you worked with us if there's any cases of that so we can deal with it accordingly, but other than that, it should be fine. It's not your fault as the artist if someone comes to you requesting something and you don't know any different - especially after having attempted to find information out yourself! Most people don't do that, so that's a huge breath of fresh air to hear ^^ It seems it eventually paid off, too :) If you have any information you'd like to go over and discuss, I am always available for PMing ( a lot of people have this "Oh no I assume he's busy"-thought pattern. It bad. Very bad. I like to talk :( ).
Rainbowtail's AvatarRainbowtail
Thank you very much! It's a huge relief to hear that. I have had people request gen 6 or PokeFarm exclusive sprites in my splices, but informed them I didn't have permission to use them and got them to edit their order with official Gamefreak sprites. Seems like nothing has to change in my shop then since I already do not allow your gen 6, PFQ exclusives or mega sprites to be a part of my splices. If I do have any more questions about this however, I'll be sure to PM you Garthic ^.^
Baylard's AvatarBaylard
I haven't seen anyone request to edit Mega Zoroark Q sprites yet, I find that shocking for some reason (Or maybe someone has and I missed reading it lol). Anyhoo, I'd like to request as previously stated, Mega Zoroark Q and Mega Lapras Q as well as Mega Breloom Q if at all possible. They'd be for tinkering with the sprite a smidge as well as color alterations in some areas. :>
🌸~Icon by: Aleator~🌸
I had the brilliant idea of trying to do a bit of spriting for my newer sona... Either I'll pull it off or fail spectacularly, but may I request the melan Gallade sprite to make a few alterations? These include thinning those weird hips and changing the blueish to the nice purple color of the rest of the line.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
RedPhobos's AvatarRedPhobos
Got a question. It's...kinda in the gray territory. I'm loving the new egg sprites; wanting to know if you guys are cool if I make hi-res versions of them. Well, the designs, anyway. This is the Hi-Res base for the egg: Basically what I'd end up doing is just edit the egg with the patterns you guys have for the Pokefarm eggs. I might even open a section in my pixel art shop for eggs if you guys are cool with that. And while you can't technically claim relatively vague egg designs as your own original creation, this is mainly out of precaution and respect. Here's a couple examples I've already made, just for the sake of example / to show you what I mean:
Avatar artwork by Souichirou Gunjima, originally intended as artwork for the Pokemon TCG game. source image found on Pkmncards.net. Want a similar Pokemon fusion design and sprite? Head over to my Fusion Lab!
Cerberus's AvatarCerberus
Hello, I'd like permission to use Shooting Star Cleffa's party sprite for a custom charm icon, as per a customers request from my sprite shop.
By Vandi
Icon is by Silver Raven Trade Shop | Art Shop
credit
Background from Unsplash F2U code by Gumshoe
As per the FAQ, if you're using the image unedited for what you're doing, it's fine. If you're looking to use it without editing, you don't need permission. (Putting it on something does mean permission is needed though) Either way, you're allowed to do it (as in, permission given). EDIT:: I'm a doofus. That's all.

Pages: 123··· 56789··· 919293

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page